Become a Patron!

Should I care about the battery I choose?

kirr45

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I'm in my 2nd month of vaping. Already getting bored with my Vaporesso Revenger mini. I definitely want to upgrade because the battery life and tank size are horrible. I do still intend to use it on nights where I need something compact and slim such as a wedding lol. Would need something small and slick.

Planning to upgrade to the Vaporesso Revenger X and I know this has been talked about to death but I am really worried about batteries. I read about the minute differences between batteries and thought I'd be smart and look for a protected 18650 battery. Apparently those are meant for flashlights and have almost no amperage.

I just know I would worry every time I take a vape from the mod. Lol I used to cover my face whenever I was making balloons. Now I'm not a chain vaper where the mod would be on all day and I would have hundreds of batteries but I also don't wanna worry about battery safety.

I figure if my vaping range for the mod would be 40-100W with a .4ohm or higher coil, I should be ok. I'm not a cloud chaser. More doing it for the flavor. Deciding between the LG HG2 and HB2

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HG-2 is a fine choice... VT-6 is a monster. accd'g to Mooch (& I agree not that anybody cares...)
Just make sure yer ordering genuine batts from a reputable seller.

If you're not getting all you need, consider a 21700 mod. There are a bunch of em now.

kirr45

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Also, just to understand since I couldn't find an answer anywhere, 0.15 ohm coils are only for clouds and not for flavor. Correct?
That was my whole intention with the higher ohms. I want flavor mostly.

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also, just to understand since I couldn't find an answer anywhere, 0.15 ohm coils are only for clouds and not for flavor. Correct?
That was my whole intention with the higher ohms. I want flavor mostly.

You cast a pretty wide net there using words like only, but yes... kinda.

kirr45

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lol I guess what I meant was, whatever flavor I'm getting from the 0.4ohm coil will not get any better by going to a lower ohm coil like the 0.15ohm

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Protected batteries aren't meant for vaping. Lg hg2's, sony vtc6's, samsung 30q's are all 3000mah (higher mah, higher runtime) 20a batteries. All would handle 40-100w just fine in a dual 18650 mod. Check places like imrbatteries, liionwholesale or illumn, they sell legit batteries and have good prices.

I'm not positive about the other two, I've used imr. They carry wraps and insulators so you can rewrap batteries if the wrap gets torn. They also include a couple store branded wraps and a plastic case when ordering 2 or more. Cool that they include extras to promote battery safety.

VU Sponsors