Become a Patron!

shortest 18650 mod w/ lock...?

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i am looking for the shortest 18650 driven mod i can find that has switch locking capabilities. i love the size of the 4Nine, but i really need to be able to lock the switch due to sub-ohm building.

suggestions?

i have seriously been eyeing up the MMVapor's "Nanos" offerings and that is on top of my list. just looking for more options. any help is appreciated!

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For what you're after... there's really not much better than a MMV Nanos with the "double lock" option. The switch assembly has a reliable, light touch... with a lockout both short in height and throw.

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FA75DDBD-1D40-44C9-BC3D-4492EAA74422_zpslbq04bct.jpg

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
stingray X.jpg
My stingray X is pretty damn small in 18350/hybrid mode.. (this is not w/ hybrid cap but only pic I got)

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I like the looks for the SRX I might buy one but have two more nemesis I want to buy first. but the SRX is in my future.

I got the clone from Focalecig for 35$ .. it hits really nice.. only complaint I've had is the button gets a little crunchy after some use but I probably just need to clean it again.. other than that its a perfect mech mod.. comes with a nice drip tip too.. can't go wrong for the price!

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i believe you can use the nemesis switch on the SRX which is what i was planning on doing when I buy the SRX. but then again, i believe you can sand the delrin down on the SRX switch the same as the nemesis.

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
lets keep this topic on 18650 form factor mods.

anyone know how long the doomsday mod is in 18650?

i found out that the MMV Nanos is 83mm tall w/ reg switch and then 88mm with double lock. so any 18650 mods that lock and is shorter than 88mm?

Eric DeCastro

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I read this all wrong, I thought you were asking for the shortest 18350. normally when people ask for shortest, I don't think of 18650.

so in that case, I don't think you can get any shorter than SMPL. and again shortest isn't usually associated with an 18650.

wait, you want a lock ring. I still say nemesis with hybrid cap.

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I read this all wrong, I thought you were asking for the shortest 18350. normally when people ask for shortest, I don't think of 18650.

so in that case, I don't think you can get any shorter than SMPL. and again shortest isn't usually associated with an 18650.

wait, you want a lock ring. I still say nemesis with hybrid cap.

the nemmy is cool, but not sure its shorter than my current King II clone.

looking like the nanos is my best bet.

can you link me to the nemmy hybrid cap? do they make one for the king II?

Last edited:

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think you are right. It looks nice and simple as well.

now to decide whether or not to cop the authentic. the idea of clones being from sweatshops makes me think authentic is the way to go.

then again... even the authentics could come from sweatshops.

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
now to decide whether or not to cop the authentic. the idea of clones being from sweatshops makes me think authentic is the way to go.

then again... even the authentics could come from sweatshops.

so i ended up ordering a SS Hcigar Prime off of ebay. $26 shipped.

now for some new cells... samsung, LG, or AW...?

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oops, too late. I was going to suggest the Praxis, which is 80mm total length. Prime is pretty close though.

Last edited:

TheWestPole

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
looks like an upgraded 4nine. the switch was crap. hopefully they addressed it with this upgrade.

Prime is almost exactly a 22mm version of the 2six, which I have and works very well. It is also almost exactly a 4nine V2.

I have put my early 4nines (first version) aside for the reason you stated. Why continue to bother with them? :p

Last edited:

VU Sponsors