Become a Patron!
I have the t-priv mod + big baby beast tank.I ordered the rba coil, was working good for like 2-3 months someting there was false ohm reading but ok. 3 days ago it's started shorting my vape, there was the message of "don't abuse products". tried few videos to fix the coil and i cleaned my vape... still not working. So i gave up.
After that i used my friend sh** a** vape tank to check if everything okey with my mod (i dont think that his vape has even company lol) and it is shorting. there is no volt draw and the vape wierd as f**. if i go upper then 60w it say "automizer short". i am super worried about it.
I will try other tanks from my friends (they have vaperaso ravanger kit) before conclusing that the mod is dead because of their rba sucking design :(.
any suggestions to fix it? i can add pictures if it will help or video that will illustrate better the issue.
Bdw i am about to buy the Ijoy combo2 rdta, any thoughts?

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When a SMOK gives that message I have found say YES when it asks new coil. Hope it helps.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When using my Alien the other night in TC when I switched back to the Baby Beast it was giving me that message so I removed the tank fired it with No Atomizer and then accepted the New Coil. Also I removed the batteries.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Could also try a factory reset but you will have to do a Search to find the procedure. I don't think the MOD is toast but that is just my opinion. Good Luck

Could also try a factory reset but you will have to do a Search to find the procedure. I don't think the MOD is toast but that is just my opinion. Good Luck
Ignore the annoing music.
this is the problem. it's bad footage but i tried.

about the factory reset i will search how to do it.
i hope the mod is okey

The.Drifter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hard to tell from the videos but is that a dual coil setup? One coil looks very black if it is. Both coils should have the same number of wraps and should be identical if running dual coils.

The coils should not touch the deck edge, if they touch the edge it will display as a short.

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Try installing the rba section into the chimney first just like replacing a new coil, then install glass/screw the base to the rest then install onto mod. If the rba section is screwed onto the base first it can push the floating positive pin down until the bottom of the rba grounds against the base shorting.

Hard to tell from the videos but is that a dual coil setup? One coil looks very black if it is. Both coils should have the same number of wraps and should be identical if running dual coils.
The coils should not touch the deck edge, if they touch the edge it will display as a short.
i checked that and you were right... so i wieked kind of identical coil. its still doing the same problem...
Try installing the rba section into the chimney first just like replacing a new coil, then install glass/screw the base to the rest then install onto mod. If the rba section is screwed onto the base first it can push the floating positive pin down until the bottom of the rba grounds against the base shorting.
did it doesn't work.
today i am going to my friend and i will check if the coil works on their vape.

i hope the coil is broken and not the mod.

well guys still not working.
i remember now an event that i haven't told you.
when i tried to fix the coil and started to play with the mod, in one of the trys i heard a bzz sound and from then the vape doesn't draw volts.
i think someting happend in the connect of the vape.

VU Sponsors