Become a Patron!

Sherlock Hohm 28.4A 2782mAh 20700...a 25A battery, performs between iJoy 4-leg and 5-leg top contact

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This copied from ECR.

All credit to Mooch.
Long live Mooch!
Bench Test Results: Sherlock Hohm 28.4A 2782mAh 20700...a 25A battery, performs between iJoy 4-leg and 5-leg top contact 20700’s self.electronic_cigarette

submitted 4 hours ago * by Mooch315

Bottom Line: This is a cell that runs at close to 90°C at its 28.4A continuous rating. This is too hot in my opinion for decent cycle life as most cells, including all of the others from Hohm Tech, say not to exceed 75°C-80°C. When the datasheet becomes available I will be able to check its max temperature rating.

The Sherlock Hohm cell performs worse than the 5-leg top contact 20700’s but better than the 4-leg iJoy 20700.

The two cells I tested delivered 2760mAh and 2761mAh at 0.5A down to 2.5V. Considering the differences in the equipment used by Hohm Tech and I these cells can be considered to have met their 2782mAh capacity rating.

The Terms & Conditions section of Hohm Tech’s web site says that their cells are not meant for use outside of a protected battery pack or in a device without equivalent protection. This means no unprotected mod or mechanical mod use of their cells is supported by Hohm Tech. For vendors this might affect the warranty in certain situations. Contact Hohm Tech for more information about this.

I was very disappointed to see “47.8A” featured in a large font on the cell, with nothing to indicate what it meant. This is the pulse rating, which Hohm Tech defined for me in emails, but Hohm Tech says that vapers should not use this pulse rating for anything. They said we should only use the continuous discharge rating...and I agree.

The continuous discharge rating is also on the cell, and is marked as “CDR”, but uses a smaller font. Hohm Tech said that in December 2017 they decided to switch the sizes and positions of the two ratings on the wrap. I don’t know if these new wraps are being used yet.

I am estimating the ratings for this Sherlock Hohm cell to be 25A and 2782mAh. The 25A rating helps to keep its temperature down closer to the 80°C limit for other cells.

Two cells were donated for the purposes of testing by Hohm Tech (http://www.hohmtech.com). Thank you!

VU Sponsors