Become a Patron!
I have a mod that has a battery that currently has 0.65 volts and the other has 4.04 volts. I know this has a battery imbalance, but my mod turns on even though the battery percentage says "00%". My friend is giving me his external charger soon. Should I charge the 0.65 volt battery up to balance with the other battery? Will it be safe to use? Thank you.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Doubt the battery will charge properly, you should shit can it and buy a decent set of batteries.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
because once a lithium ion cell drops below 2 volts it's dead forever.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Like 5150 said, shit can the battery and buy (two +) NEW batteries....they're cheap as shit.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
before you do shit can them ...are you reading this imbalance from the Kaos itself?

If yes wait for your mates external charger (assuming it has a digital read out) set it to lowest charge rate it can do then see what it says when you load the batteries on it briefly...don’t leave them in there if they are low voltage though (better if you can check with a multimeter)

wouldn’t surprise me if the mod shit the bed and isn’t reading voltages properly always worth spending 25 bucks on a decent charger pays dividends in the long run

If charger confirms batteries have been discharged like this you might be looking at a whole new rig and batteries like the guys above said

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a mod that has a battery that currently has 0.65 volts and the other has 4.04 volts. I know this has a battery imbalance, but my mod turns on even though the battery percentage says "00%". My friend is giving me his external charger soon. Should I charge the 0.65 volt battery up to balance with the other battery? Will it be safe to use? Thank you.
The .65 battery is trash, recycle properly do not recharge.
Get a good mooch approved pair of batteries and charge externally.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
always worth spending 25 bucks on a decent charger pays dividends in the long run

heck even a $10 Trustfire charger is better than most internal charging circuits for multiple battery mods.

Been using a Trustfire TR02 Charger for over 2 1/2 years that I paid $7 for.

but yes chargers that display the voltage and such are better.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
The .65 battery is trash, recycle properly do not recharge.
Get a good mooch approved pair of batteries and charge externally.

That’s extremely low though I still reckon the mods not functioning correctly

But for the sake a few quid and peace of mind probably better just to recycle get some fresh cells now as you all say

just be interested to know what the true read out is

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
you should shit can it

You should properly dispose of batteries and not toss them in the trash!

Before condemning the battery check it to so that the battery actually has the voltage you think it does because it sounds like you are going by the MOD's reading.

VU Sponsors