Become a Patron!

Serpent mini owners-what are you running in yours?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi everyone.

I have a serpent mini on the way that should be here tomorrow, as I wanted a small single coil tank, and have heard great things about these for flavour, and it will suit my vaping style and not need too much power to run.

What have you found to provide the best flavour for you in the serpent mini?

I am looking to run the tank up to 30-35W max as one reason I have it is to prolong battery life in my smaller devices by not needing too much power.
Ideally, the lower I can run it while still producing good flavour and adequate vapour production will be good. I don't need massive clouds, just to be able to taste my juice and get my nic fix.

Due to the power I wish to stick too, do you think I will get great flavour from a simple micro coil? These are generally what I build the most for the majority of my tanks, although if there will be a big improvement a clapton or similar will probably be worth the trade off and I will run the tank slightly higher due to ramp up time.

Thanks everyone, Conan.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
7 wrap 24g N80 3.5mm ID (I'm using a serpent mini 25mm)

On the 22mm I used a 6 wrap 26g spaced coil 3mm ID
That is a point, I forgot to mention it is the 22MM version I have on the way.

It is good to hear even on the 22MM version there is enough room for larger diameter and spaced coils, as I find I get best results using 2.5MM+ coils with SS316L. I will try a 3MM coil tomorrow and see what it is like, I have high hopes for this tank :).

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is a point, I forgot to mention it is the 22MM version I have on the way.

It is good to hear even on the 22MM version there is enough room for larger diameter and spaced coils, as I find I get best results using 2.5MM+ coils with SS316L. I will try a 3MM coil tomorrow and see what it is like, I have high hopes for this tank :).
I personally did not like the 22mm but I love the 25mm. The 25mm is another totally different beast. But then again I have friends who love their 22mm. Just do the build, wick it nice and short and it should be good. I just like the 25mm because it has those wick rings and 2 decks and also bigger room to play with.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am looking to run the tank up to 30-35W max as one reason I have it is to prolong battery life in my smaller devices by not needing too much power.
Ideally, the lower I can run it while still producing good flavour and adequate vapour production will be good. I don't need massive clouds, just to be able to taste my juice and get my nic fix.

I have a pair I've been using for a few months now... they're great.

I went from a simple 316 around 0.7 to testing some 430 SS which I rolled too high but even at 1.1 is was such a producer I left it in... for a loooong time.
Now I've got some 316 Clapton at 0.44 and it's doing great as well. My first SS Clapton, so I'll refrain from reviewing the wire... tasty, productive, easy power requirements, what's not to like?
Basically... so far, this little guy can do no wrong. :p

Unlike most over here, if I've got top-fill, I actually like my little ~2ml RTAs (Lil' Serpent, Bachelor Nano, 'Mizer Supreme Lite).

It'll make a nice pocket carry pair with the SDNA I saw you mention this morning, though I usually keep one on a Pico (about my smallest modern mod).

For some reason, we kept our talk about our SDNAs (and there's a LOT of it) in the VT133 thread for the longest time (yes... I finally went DNA this Spring. Got six now. :eek: ).
Even on ECF we only just got an SDNA thread a couple weeks ago. So we'll see if that one you bumped here gets new life. :p

(And where you been lately? :confused: )

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They are going to include 2 twisted wire pre mades. Might want to give those a shot first. Seem to work well and are designed to fit those posts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Three I believe.

And you raise a good point... WoToFo is a "sinister" company. :eek:

:p

j/k... What I mean is... everything they do (RTA decks and pre-made coils) is "left handed".
The decks are low supports not posts with holes, and they're set up for CCW coils.

Unless you want to play with leg bends or an "A Frame" position... roll your coil lefty.

kargurin

Member For 4 Years
Yes, three it is. I blocked out a bad experience....I shorted one of them out. The twisted wire split on the post. I guess one piece lost connection. Oh well....

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, three it is. I blocked out a bad experience....I shorted one of them out. The twisted wire split on the post. I guess one piece lost connection. Oh well....

I haven't used any of mine.

I have two 10-coil tubes of WoToFo Comp wire and only used I think one of each (Clapton III and Tiger Wire). They're fine... "does what it says on the tin".

But, they're all Kanthal and I use almost exclusively SS in TC.

I did see exactly ONE post saying the included twisted sucks, but I'm inclined to dismiss that opinion. It's a simple twisted K coil, and I doubt they source really crappy wire.
What's there to go wrong? :confused:

kargurin

Member For 4 Years
Quite honestly I don't think twisted is a good choice for those posts. Because they are totally open it's easy for one to split and lose connection. I used them because I never tried twisted and they were configured to work with those posts. That is, tails in opposition to each other and not offset on height relative to each other.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's quite possible.
The singular real complaint against the Lil' Serpent is that the tie-downs are an open top slot. It makes it more difficult to get the grub screw to hit the wire fully.
A lot of folks, especially with thinner wire, took to letting the wire sit low and having the screw trap it at the meeting of the floor and wall of the slot.

Not an optimal solution.

I admit... my first couple of builds were a brief wrestling match. :mad:

I won. :p

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
I tried 1 of the included coils and it worked fine only complaint i had was that it was a little too hot for my taste. Ended up making a 7 wrap 26 gauge kanthal on 1 and a 6 wrap 26 gauge SS on another. First one to use on a stingray x mech and 2nd for use on a evic vtc mini in SS316 TC Loving the way they vape. Both are 22mm and so easy to fill that I do not mind how often i have to do it. Nor do i mind it being sinister.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't think lefty wrapping is that bad you just have to remember to do it ;) just a different way of doing something, keeps it interesting lol!

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They are going to include 2 twisted wire pre mades. Might want to give those a shot first. Seem to work well and are designed to fit those posts.

I received the tank a little while ago today, and actually have used one of the included coils, something I don't usually do but thought it was worth a try. Comes out at around 0.55 Ohms.

Using it at 15.5W with some Mothers Milk V1 DIY, this tank is fantastic for flavour! I see why they are liked by many people.

I will stick with this coil until the SMY DNA75 arrives, then probably go for a SS 316L build-I feel the DNA mods are too good to not use in TC mode.

Just got to remember to wrap left, I have never had to do this before so will be new to me, I wonder if everyone that works for Wotofo is a leftie lol?

all_thumbs

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a 22mm and got a 25mm yesterday. I put a premade 2.5mm Clapton (Geekvape or Wotofo tube) with probably 4-5 wraps in the 22mm and it vapes great between 25 and 30 watts @ .7ohm. The build just worked out super smooth. I can turn it up until it's a little poppy, then turn it down a couple of watts and it still produces well while allowing me a long pull that doesn't crackle until the very end.

For the 25, I twisted up a 6 wrap 2.5mm Clapton from pre-made wire. That came out to .66ohm, but I think I am going to have to redo it. I basically didn't make it left-handed so I lost most of a coil the way I set it up, and my wicking, while not leaking it is leaving something to be desired. Between the coil and the (slow?) wicking its a bit more crackly than I like.

Stownz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm running the 25mm on the single coil deck. 6 wrap fused Clapton on a 3mm.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I love my 22mm Serpent Mini. I have it set right now with 26ga SSV Ti, and the flavour production rivals Narda. Seeing how the Narda is hyped to be the best modern atty in terms of flavour, thats quite good for chinese RTA thats widely available and costs like 20$.

Lähetetty minun FRD-L09 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

VU Sponsors