Serpent Elevate or Augvape Intake?

Discussion in 'General Rebuildable Discussion (RTA/RBA/RDA)' started by DonBaldy, Jun 10, 2019.

1. DonBaldy

DonBaldy Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Need another RTA. Would like a single coil. Right now I'm between these two. Which one or is there something else I should be looking at?

2. DonBaldy

Blog Posts:
    Would love the juggerknot mini but it's not in the budget right now. Summer is slow for us.

3. gadget!

gadget! "The Trader" VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I have both and they are both good RTAs. Everyone is different but myself, if I had to choose I would give the I Intake a slight edge.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  4. DonBaldy

Blog Posts:
    Thanks. I'm kind of leaning that way.

5. midknight420

midknight420 VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Both great rta's. I have an OBS Engine Nano and love this thing.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

6. KingPin!

KingPin! In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^ Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team Reviewer

Blog Posts:
    I’d give it to the intake also, although elevate has more airflow Don....if you have a Zeus stick it halfway that’s about what you’ll get from the intake fully open (the draw isn't for everyone is what I’m saying) both good top air flows though

7. DonBaldy

Blog Posts:
    There's the rub. I'm not set on just one airflow. IT depends on the mood and sometimes situation as to how I prefer the airflow. There's times I like it wide open and other time more restricted.

8. KingPin!

KingPin! In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^ Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team Reviewer

Blog Posts:
    elevate with serve you better in that regard then mate, one thing though with the elevate...wider the airflow the louder it is haha

Can’t win can you

9. Heartsdelight

Heartsdelight Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Exactly what I was going to say.

10. DonBaldy

Blog Posts:
    It seems my words may not have expressed what my tired brain was trying to communicate. What I meant was that I like all types of airflow from wide open to more restricted to MTL. Which airflow I prefer at the moment depends on the mood of the moment. Currently have 4 RTAs. For big air the Aromamizer gets the nod. most times it's the dead rabbit with the airflow cut down about 1/3. The Wasp nano RTA is somewhere in between.

11. DonBaldy

Blog Posts:
    Never had or tried the Zeus. Unfortunately I can't afford to try them all, although I sure would like to.

12. Heartsdelight

Blog Posts:
    FT has. Juggernot Mini clone that is 1:1 exactly like the authentic as I have both. Trying to get u the sku but Can’t access FT right now. High traffic or something. I’ll keep trying.

Definitely the Intake is more restricted airflow. The airflow on the Elevate is more open but can be restricted. Exactly what @KingPin! said.

13. DonBaldy

Blog Posts:
    Looks like FT is down right now. I may get the juggernot mini clone in addition to either the Elevate or Intake. I'll likely eventually get both.

14. Heartsdelight

Blog Posts:
    I’ll keep trying & get you the sku from FT. Trust me I was really disappointed that the authentic wasn’t any better than the clone as it cost a lot more.

15. Heartsdelight

Blog Posts:
  16. MrMeowgi

MrMeowgi The Vapin' Drummer Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Have 2 elevates. Great rtas. Never tried intake

17. gadget!

Blog Posts:
    I have three Intakes and one Elevate, I will agree with the comments on air flow.
    I wouldn't go so far as to say the Intake is restrictive but it is not as wide open as the Elevate.

Let me throw another wrench in there for you. :)
    Have you looked at the Profile Unity?
    I have had mine for just over two weeks and it is without a doubt my new favorite RTA!
    Great flavor, good air flow, I have had zero leaks, and no dry hits.

18. MrMeowgi

MrMeowgi The Vapin' Drummer Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I second the unity rta for sure.

Letitia9, Heartsdelight and gadget! like this.
  19. Letitia9

Letitia9 Therion/Nano Junkie VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    I'd take the jk mini over the intake or elevate but in reality all 3 are very good rtas. I actually have more of the minis in rotation than nanos.

Vape Fan, KingPin!, DonBaldy and 3 others like this.
  20. DonBaldy

Blog Posts:
    Thought about it but wasn't thrilled with the profile rda so skeptical of the unity.

Heartsdelight and gadget! like this.
  21. DonBaldy

Blog Posts:
    I'll likely get the clone until I can one but it may be a month or so.

Heartsdelight and Letitia9 like this.
  22. gadget!

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, I can't tell you there.
    I love the Profile myself but there are a few here that don't.
    I haven't seen anyone say they don't like the Profile Unity. Most of the complaints I've seen on the Profile has been dry hits but I don't have that issue unless I don't keep it squonked up.
    I have never had a dry hit on the Unity.

Heartsdelight, MrMeowgi and Letitia9 like this.
  23. Letitia9

Letitia9 Therion/Nano Junkie VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    The clone is so good if I had gotten it first I might not have bothered with the authentic honestly. I think you'll likely enjoy whatever you get.

DonBaldy and Heartsdelight like this.
  24. PoppaVic

PoppaVic Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Yeah. When I get an atty, I expect to control my own airflow - so designs that deliberately restrict the air and justify it don't really thrill me. Thus, I skipped the Intake for buying discontinued/used Nanos. I didn't like the literal "intakes", but knowing the airflow was already restricted - why even bother with a control-ring?

The serpent Elevate is on my list as an alternative - because I am already seriously sold on top-air. Noise? Don't care - who am I gonna' bother, the cat?

I've a buddy that was complaining about his Fuji leaking (I had warned him), and he picked up the Solomon 2 - after claiming it was working fine, tasted fine and wasn't leaking - I've not heard a word in weeks. Obviously, this is another alternative.

Heartsdelight, Letitia9 and MrMeowgi like this.
  25. ajvapes

ajvapes Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    My 2 cents:
    First, https://www.efun.top/augvape-intake-rta-4-2ml.html has the silver and gunmetal in stock.....&23.99
    best all around for me is the Unity
    Both the Elevate and Intake have issues:
    Elevate pros - Flavor....excellent. Gunmetal , badass.....cons - small deck., lots of heat. I had a bear of a time finding the right build for me,
    Intake - flavor slightly muted. Fixed with wismec notch coils...Even though restricted it still is an airy vape. Easy to build. Cons - only two.. My first one had QC issues....second excellent....Glass, when I recieved the first , straight glass was the wrong size ( not even close) and had trouble w/ the fit of the bubble glass (fixed when I was able to take measurements of #2...No response from Augvape support and availability of replacement glass was non existent. Now available from FT but not exact fit..
    Overall happy with both, then a third choice is Gear 24, nothing compared until Unity.

Letitia9, DonBaldy, gadget! and 2 others like this.
  26. PoppaVic

PoppaVic Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
  27. MrMeowgi

Blog Posts:
    For the Elevate I used one of the supplied framed staples from wotofo. Great vape. Guess that why everyone is different

Letitia9, gadget! and Heartsdelight like this.
  28. Vape Fan

Vape Fan More like I am now, than I was before VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    If JM beats Unity for flavor, then it's doing something. With Unity, even my 'ol standby Kylin Mini is taking more of a back seat.
    No leaking or dry hits here either. Just full on flavor saturation.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    MrMeowgi, Letitia9, ajvapes and 3 others like this.
  29. gadget!

Blog Posts:
    I have another Unity on the Vicious Ant...
    Nothing but pure goodness. :)

[​IMG]

jinx'd, MrMeowgi, Letitia9 and 3 others like this.
  30. nadalama

nadalama VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Intake is one of the few devices I can vape with air wide open. To me, it's restricted. I also agree that flavor is just a tiny bit muted.
    Haven't tried the Elevate, but want to.
    I like the OBS Engine Nano better than the Intake, but it's not leaps and bounds better. Both are super easy to build and wick, imo.
    Original Zeus single coil still takes the prize from me, though.

Completely different style, and not without its problems, but the nommiest vapor ever from an RTA for me came out of a Geekvape Eagle with a single-coil deck. It is pure luxury.

31. MrMeowgi

Blog Posts:
    Unity is my favorite as well.

Vape Fan and Heartsdelight like this.
  32. Vape Fan

Vape Fan More like I am now, than I was before VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Vaping w/Vic says Doom beats it. Wicks from the ports and under the coil too.

33. ajvapes

ajvapes Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I don't see what is going to stop " cotton slump" under the mesh on the doom.

34. KingPin!

Blog Posts:
    I’ll throw another into the mix as well if you can still get it ...Uwell D2

Its an oldie but still one of the best top air flows I’ve tried, only tank my wife uses actually to this day, probably re-wicked and rebuilt that atty more than any other ...great for low to mid wattage vaping

Letitia9 and St.Roostifer like this.
  35. DonBaldy

Blog Posts:
    Ended up going with the Intake. Should be here tomorrow. Still want to get the others suggested in due time.

MrMeowgi, gadget!, KingPin! and 2 others like this.
  36. DonBaldy

Blog Posts:
    So the Intake arrived today. Fit and finish is very, very nice. Everything seals up nice and I've not noticed any leaking. Not as easy to build on as I'd hoped. It was a bit trickier than I'd hoped. Did learn that you have to make sure the leads are clipped flush as ANY extra will short out on the housing. Took a bit to figure that out but once I did everything was good from then. Like everyone mentioned the airflow is restricted. Not too much for me. Any more restriction and it may be a problem.

Next up may be the Unity, the Juggernot mini, or the Elevate.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

37. Vape Fan

Blog Posts:
    Nothing like a happy purchase.