Become a Patron!

Serious threat of Heart Attack???

GeorgeTz6

Member For 2 Years
Hey, so, I have made another thread about how much I vape...

12mg or 18mg on a dripper...(insane buzzes)

But a lot of people warned me about heart attacks and strokes...
Is there a real serious chance of that happening?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Your odds are nil, no studies have linked vaping to heart attacks, smoking on the other hand, off the charts.
You have been a member here since July, all your posts seem about health and vaping, I hope you've been able to read the many threads that attribute vaping to better health than smoking, unless however there is a reason you are posting the way you have, do some more reading and good luck:wave:

GeorgeTz6

Member For 2 Years
Your odds are nil, no studies have linked vaping to heart attacks, smoking on the other hand, off the charts.
You have been a member here since July, all your posts seem about health and vaping, I hope you've been able to read the many threads that attribute vaping to better health than smoking, unless however there is a reason you are posting the way you have, do some more reading and good luck:wave:
People are saying that I will get a heart attack because nic. is a hardcore vaso-constrictor

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What people? I know that high levels of nic alone can do that, but the absorption rate via vaping should not be an issue, do you have any links to any studies that indicate that?

GKG2017

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Why don't you lower it to 3 mg. Or 0.3 if your so worried about it.

GeorgeTz6

Member For 2 Years
What people? I know that high levels of nic alone can do that, but the absorption rate via vaping should not be an issue, do you have any links to any studies that indicate that?
no, not really, its just that some youtube channels I trust say so

GeorgeTz6

Member For 2 Years
Why don't you lower it to 3 mg. Or 0.3 if your so worried about it.
Cause I vape just for the buzz...
I don't even think I'm addicted to nicotine...
I can not vape for days if I want, I use it more like a drug, a stimulant...
I know it's not right, but I like it

GKG2017

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Cause I vape just for the buzz...
I don't even think I'm addicted to nicotine...
I can not vape for days if I want, I use it more like a drug, a stimulant...
I know it's not right, but I like it

If that's your style of vaping go for it.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd be more concerned with forcing my body into a tolerance level and possibly continuing to push that level upward to achieve the same results. This is more an addiction issue than it is anything (at least to me). Eventually that 18mg will stop giving you the "buzz," your body will be used to it. What're you gonna do, go up from there? You'll build a tolerance to any level, and yes, that will eventually put a strain on your heart.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm sure it's concern, nothing more. You're pretty young for a heart attack.

Larry J

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I would only be concerned if you have a history of heart problems, particularly atherosclerosis, or if you have a family history of heart problems. Nicotine is definitely a vasoconstrictor and can pose a serious health risk to heart patients. In spite of what everyone seems to believe, nicotine is NOT harmless (although vaping is definitely less harmful than smoking cigarettes). That;s why vaping is referred to as harm REDUCTION, not harm elimination. I am a heart patient so I have first-hand knowledge of the concerns involved. However, I am not a doctor.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sorry, it's just that everyone is giving me shit for it
The majority of vapors do it because it's heather than the cig's we couldn't get off of.

Vaping for the buzz is drug abuse, so yea some people are going to give you shit about it.

Nicotine is a poison and can kill if the amount is high enough. Then again water will kill if you drink excessively and your kidneys fail.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Sorry, it's just that everyone is giving me shit for it

Besides the obvious lack of real evidence that vaping causing heart attacks and strokes, here is my real life scary this-ain't-no-shit experience.

My husband is a hard-core smoker, has been for decades. He has had three strokes since last September - each time the doctors have lectured him to quit smoking - and put him on high does nicotine patches. Now, the patches don't really work, but his doctors are not worried about the nicotine one wit and have condoned vaping instead (he won't stick with either one, but his doctors are not concerned about nic, just tar)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Three?? God bless him, how has he survived that??

We don't know, two of them were TIAs - but enough to knock him on his ass. The second one was massive and partially blinded him in one eye caused all manner of coordination problems

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I have had 3 serious operations since I started vaping.

And before each one of them, I had to go to a cardiologist for a complete work up including a stress test.

Passed each one of them with flying colors.

I also openly vaped in the hospital while recovering from each operation and no one, including the surgeon, said a word to me about it.

GKG2017

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Besides the obvious lack of real evidence that vaping causing heart attacks and strokes, here is my real life scary this-ain't-no-shit experience.

My husband is a hard-core smoker, has been for decades. He has had three strokes since last September - each time the doctors have lectured him to quit smoking - and put him on high does nicotine patches. Now, the patches don't really work, but his doctors are not worried about the nicotine one wit and have condoned vaping instead (he won't stick with either one, but his doctors are not concerned about nic, just tar)

Sorry to hear that. My wife recently died of lung cancer. It said it was from the filters from the cigarettes. They got this shit down to a science. Hopefully you get your husband to quit. You have to beat it into him. Go Lucy.!!!! You can do it. You have to unless you want to live a life a misery. Which mine is... Be Strong...

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
My heart and blessings go out to the ppl that lost their loved ones and ppl that going through the fear of it because themselves or loved ones couldn't be helped. Smoking is just horrible.

With that said, OP if you're believing every shit that's posted on social media or YouTube, I'll be asking myself if I am that insecure that I need reinsurance from a youtuber. Sorry but, if you want to vape because its the new cool thing this summer, don't let society stop you. But I do think if somebody didn't smoke prior, vape with 0nic or low, but again who am I to tell you that. If you wanna vape at 48mg, be my guest, but don't complain if you're feeling sick after, or society told you that its a no no :) but till proven differently, for now your concern can be laid to rest. Just do what you enjoy.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry to hear that. My wife recently died of lung cancer. It said it was from the filters from the cigarettes. They got this shit down to a science. Hopefully you get your husband to quit. You have to beat it into him. Go Lucy.!!!! You can do it. You have to unless you want to live a life a misery. Which mine is... Be Strong...
:sad: I'm so sorry to hear that....my heart and prayers go out...

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

:hug:

VU Sponsors