Become a Patron!

Serious help needed!

I have been searching for months trying to grasp this whole DIY and I just keep getting more and more confused. I currently vape 50mg Salts in a the Smok Novo. I just want to be able to make my own 50mg simple salt juice. Nothing fancy just something simple, like a strawberry or blueberry. But everytime I think I get the idea of how to make it I find another post saying something totally different. I'd like to start by buying the Nic Salts with the throat hit, I think from Nic River. But then I get totally lost... I want to make 30ml bottles of 50mg Salts being 50/50. Can someone please for the love of my sanity dumb this whole thing down for me and tell me what I need to make this? I plan to use a scale. Even a simple recipe maybe? I'm almost 50 and have been vaping for about 7 years. My mind just can't grasp this whole mess... Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First you need to source the ingredients. This would be nicotine, propylene glycol, vegetable glucose and food flavors. If you are in the US, this will be easy to do. I'm not in the US, so others here will direct you to the best sources. Just do this step first then start with the next step. Don't overwhelm yourself right now.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hi! This is my opinion and what I would do, but I’m not a salt mixer? I’m assuming the theory is the same.

Go to Liquid Barn(there are other places to go. This is where I get my stuff.)and pick up pg/vg and salt nicotine. Get it in the pg base.

Go to Bull City Flavors and pick up some flavors. Pods do well with fruits so you’re on the right track. I’d suggest Flavor West Blueberry, Flavour Art Juicy Strawberry, Flavour Art Fuji Apple, Super Concentrates Grape......simple one or two flavor mixes do well in pods.

Start an account on ELR. This is where you’ll get the ratios you need for a 50mg salt nic, 50/50 mix. Enter your ratios and you’re set!

From what I’ve read, flavor percentages for pods are higher. Like twice as high as for sub ohm and drippers. When you get to that stage, I’m hoping a pod mixer will jump in here.

Good luck and welcome to the rabbit hole!

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
if you are buying 120ml of 100 mg/ml nic salt and you want to make 50mg Strawberry.
You can just get some strawberry flavoring and some VG (Vegetable Glycerin)

The 120ml of salt nic will make you 240ml of finished eliquid.

Take the 120ml of nic salt 100mg/ml and add another 120ml's of VG and flavoring and you are all set.

You could make smaller amounts each time.
Whatever amount of 100mg/ml nic salt you use you just add the same amount of VG with flavorings

So if you wanted 60ml's of 50 mg/ml nic salt eliquid you'd take 30ml's of your 100 mg/ml salt nic and add 30ml's of VG and flavoring to it.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Pod mixer here...

I use this link here https://liquidnicotinewholesalers.com/100mg-nicotine-salts.html for the best nic salts.

You have not said if you have base (vg or pg) this would be the best run for your money for you to try out..
https://liquidnicotinewholesalers.com/pg-vg-blend.html <pick a size. :)
They have flavors there too, but I am all flavorah. and they do not sell that flavor manufacture there at lnw

As for "ELR" try reading this page here https://e-liquid-recipes.com/guide before you jump in.

I would recommend you pick 3 flavors to start, that you alone like. See if you can find them on lnw's site, pretty sure you can.

As far as a recipe, not many here, including me can just pick your favorite flavor out and make a recipe, I don't know what you like.

If you would like to watch this.. A friend put these vids together to actually show what he learned from me regarding flavorah.. it will work for any flavor company you pick too.. Have a peek :)

Part 1
www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dBurOts9G4

Part 2
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouvvMQQRpUs

Part 3
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4qJKIc3qQI

if you need more help, just reply back and I know someone here will be happy to help out.

Sometimes things can be so easy, it looks hard, but its not really, once you read up on things nowdays.. Many years ago, there wasn't all of this kind of help. One just had to jump in feet first :)

Good luck!

btw.. with certain flavors, there is no need to double or triple your amounts of flavors.

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I get my nicotine from nicotine river now called river supply but just a name change. I use the same stuff you’re talking about the 50/50 hit nicotine salts and it’s good stuff. You can buy 100mg and cut it in half with equal amounts pg/Vg or buy some 48mg and vape slightly less mg per ml juice. Plus your flavoring will dilute it a little more but not a big difference. For a strawberry I mix a couple different ones together to make a good flavor. I use flavourart juicy strawberry at 3-4% jungle flavors sweet strawberry at 3-4% and the flavor apprentice ripe strawberry at 1-2% makes for a delicious flavor. I generally keep my total flavoring % at around 10% total which works well with all my mixes. Good luck and just dive in, you’ll figure it out and find once you start it’s not that difficult. Plus you have a forum full of folks to help you every step of the way so if you get confused, we will be here to help.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
making the juice is super easy. finding what you like, not so much.

what hasn't been said yet :
look into buying as much nic as you can !
save your old bottles, and buy some extras. the tall 60ml are nice.
get some SUPER SWEET ! start with a small bottle. if you like it, you will always be able to buy more.
same with the flavors, get small bottles. then when you find what you like, get larger bottles.

this is what most use here
American Weigh Scales LB-501

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow!! Thank you all so much!! Lots to read here!! One more question... Should my Nic salt be in a PG or VG base? I will definitely read all this again after work and have more questions I'm sure...
For me I think PG base is better. I have been storing nicotine in my freezer since late 2010/2011 ish. The VG has turned slightly yellowish but the PG base is perfect and clear. They both taste the same. I have no problems with VG(I just think it oxides a touch in the freezer over the years) either so It is my preference to buy PG.

I do have nic salts in the fridge right now. For me PG is better. However, I would read up on other's thoughts on long term usage.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Wow!! Thank you all so much!! Lots to read here!! One more question... Should my Nic salt be in a PG or VG base? I will definitely read all this again after work and have more questions I'm sure...

If I were you, I would go all pg.. so the only part of your base would be the vg. but that is me.. for a 50/50 blend.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Get a lot as in the Pods or nic lol??

both.

nic is supposed to be taxed WAY WAY WAY high ! i'm talking thousands for a many year suply. that is if it goes through. and things are looking like it will. but the fat lady has yet to sing.
if the tax does go though, the $85(on sale) bottle of nic i just bought, will be taxed around $7000(no typo)
you have been warned, if you didn't already now.

pods. come May 2020, you may not be able to get them any more. and then even if you can, there may be a tax on those, who knows what it would be = nobody.
rebuildable is the way to go. as wire and cotton will always be obtainable.

VU Sponsors