Series circuit???

ProlineVaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
Really lost with first 2 battery mech!

I picked up a Noisy Cricket on a whim and have no clue how to figure my voltage and current for a series circuit. I am using 2 35A 3000 mAh 3.7v(4.2v on full charge) IMR18650 batteries. Does my voltage double in series? And what happens to the discharge rating?

I did something really stupid when I first got this mod. I threw in 2- 25R batteries and grabbed my RDA off my other mech (single 21700 battery) and tried it. It got really hot really fast and burned my coils in half (thankfully breaking the circuit). I haven't touched the NC since. But it's sitting there taunting me...

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Research everything you can about series. It's the Bugatti of vaping. Voltage doubles so 8.4. I try not to go much lower than .5 ohms in series. Higher the ohms. Less power. Some vape in the 3's And 4's. It's just way too hot for me

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk
0fa70baa6e85049ed0f268713c947a20.jpg

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With a series battery connection, the voltage will double. Instead of 4.2 volts in your calculations, use 8.4 volts instead. The current rating will be what the battery is and the mah rating remains the same. Check on steam-engine.org for coil calculations, using the new voltage instead. Quickly you will notice that your required resistance is higher.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Parallel you add the amps together along with adding the mAh together but the voltage stays the same.
Series you add the Voltage but the amps and the mAh stays the same.

With series you need higher Ohms and a lot of wire mass.

Steam Engine is you best friend
www.steam-engine.org

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Practice and use an ohms law calculator for sure.... I'm vaping a pair of .05 ohm staples to get them warm they need 165 watts minimum......

So in order to get 165 watts my Lipo is pushing 65 to 80 amps..... Hard to get dual 18650 or any battery size to push 65 to 80 amps.....
e70c83faf5057d49cb067ca4d49378f0.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Smiling Ogre

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The eight volts or close to that that you are getting under load has the potential to dissipate a lot of power (watts). Where that kind of voltage comes in handy is for using coils with a lot of mass. If you feel like it, play around with "heat flux" on steam engine coil calculator. You will find that you can get very respectable heat flux values using a lot of heavy (small gauge/large diameter) wire. You can keep the heat down to reasonable levels and yet create a lot of fog simply because of the amount of wire involved. I've got a big old Shermann RDA that really shines when smacked with a series mech.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The eight volts or close to that that you are getting under load has the potential to dissipate a lot of power (watts). Where that kind of voltage comes in handy is for using coils with a lot of mass. If you feel like it, play around with "heat flux" on steam engine coil calculator. You will find that you can get very respectable heat flux values using a lot of heavy (small gauge/large diameter) wire. You can keep the heat down to reasonable levels and yet create a lot of fog simply because of the amount of wire involved. I've got a big old Shermann RDA that really shines when smacked with a series mech.
You need metal..... Lots of metal....
465c7abc85dd9d845a8d3063270b8511.jpg

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
These are 4.5mm ss316 and ohm out a pair at .90

What you mount them in? Trying to find and rda to fit some tasty series coils in

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They fit in the 41mm Voltrove
What you mount them in? Trying to find and rda to fit some tasty series coils in

Or The Mason 40mm ...I stuck a single in a Titan as a test and it works wonderful.....
d7ee510cff19e1847781c21b8370e664.jpg

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Really lost with first 2 battery mech!

I picked up a Noisy Cricket on a whim and have no clue how to figure my voltage and current for a series circuit. I am using 2 35A 3000 mAh 3.7v(4.2v on full charge) IMR18650 batteries. Does my voltage double in series? And what happens to the discharge rating?

I did something really stupid when I first got this mod. I threw in 2- 25R batteries and grabbed my RDA off my other mech (single 21700 battery) and tried it. It got really hot really fast and burned my coils in half (thankfully breaking the circuit). I haven't touched the NC since. But it's sitting there taunting me...
So I recently got a Crucket as well. I built a .43 ohm dual in my dead rabbit for it. I use 2 vct5a's at 25 amp cdr. Plugged the info into my ohms law calculator ( 8.4 volts and .43 ohms ) and got back a safe 18.63 amps @ 137.ish watts. Warm but nice ( and powerfull ) vape. Build safe and use YOUR ohms law calculator and you will be safe as well. May the Force be with you.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
BTW, built dual single wire coils. 24 agw, 4mm id, 8 wraps. .43 ohms on COIL calculator, .45 on regulated mod, and back to .43 on ohm meter. So check, double check, tripple checked before putting atty on Cricket.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
BTW, built dual single wire coils. 24 agw, 4mm id, 8 wraps. .43 ohms on COIL calculator, .45 on regulated mod, and back to .43 on ohm meter. So check, double check, tripple checked before putting atty on Cricket.
Sorry Edwin the numbers I supplied were by memory and I haven't had coffee yet. The coil build is .45 ohms. It comes out to 19.5 amps at 167 Watts. Sorry still sleeping.

VU Sponsors