Become a Patron!

Series Build Question

Whats up guys, Im interested in getting a noisy cricket 2, and want to run a rta. Question is, what rat's can be built in series? I have a Reload Rta, can that be built in series? Thanks for the info.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Whats up guys, Im interested in getting a noisy cricket 2, and want to run a rta. Question is, what rat's can be built in series? I have a Reload Rta, can that be built in series? Thanks for the info.
Yes, build around 0.5 ohms

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

You don't necessarily "build in series" to use a tank on a series mod. You just need to build a higher ohm build - 0.4 ohm minimum for an unregulated series mod with good batteries rated at 20 amp or higher -
You have safety features with the noisy cricket ii - and it only goes up to 6 volts output I believe (in regulated series mode, but can go higher in direct output series mode), so it's not a real mechanical series mod.

There are RDAs with neutral posts which will give you higher resistance, but I do not know of any RTAs that have a neutral post... But I am looking around

Editted, it has direct output series voltage too, apologies

Last edited:
Cool, thats what I was looking for. So if I cant run the tank in true series mode, what benefit would it be to run the mod in series mode vs parallel mode, will I get a different vape running the Reload on the noisy cricket in series vs running the Reload on my predator 228? Same build

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Cool, thats what I was looking for. So if I cant run the tank in true series mode, what benefit would it be to run the mod in series mode vs parallel mode, will I get a different vape running the Reload on the noisy cricket in series vs running the Reload on my predator 228? Same build

It depends on the ohms of your build, and the wattage you vape at on your Predator -

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
http://www.steam-engine.org/ohm.html

If you go here, put your resistance in the first box and your wattage in the last box, it will tell you how many Volts you're using. Noisy Cricket II will try to output 8.4 volts in unregulated series mode, and goes from 2 - 6 volts in regulated series.

Parallel mode will be 4.2 volts

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The noisy cricket 2 is great and probably the best series mod u can get to start with since it has the safety features.

Like @Pegleg Meg said, you can use any atomizer just make sure you build at a minimum of .4ohms. Series mods hit VERY hard, you might want to try starting around .7 ohms and see if you want to go lower or higher.

As she said, you can get atomizers with a neutral post. I bought the Neutron RDA which Jaybo designed to go with the noisy cricket 2. It’s perfect to put your coils in and keep your resistance high still....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im mostly interested in flavor, not clouds, so wanting to put some beefy claptons, I may just have to try and run a rda with a neutral post, so i can run the coils in series and get the resistance up. I was hoping to that with a tank, but seems difficult to find a tank that will be able to do that

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Im mostly interested in flavor, not clouds, so wanting to put some beefy claptons, I may just have to try and run a rda with a neutral post, so i can run the coils in series and get the resistance up. I was hoping to that with a tank, but seems difficult to find a tank that will be able to do that

You can use that tank on the noisy cricket 2... u just need to make sure your resistance is higher then .4ohms. Try 2x28g (even 29g) fused Clapton’s with a lot of wraps. I’m not sure off hand how many wraps u need but u can always check wire wizard on steam engine out

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
This is the build I have on my Neutron RDA (Neutral Post RDA)... really nice being able to put on nice coils and still have the resistance up for the noisy cricket

3b5ff694ffd1efd1ca34a27fdd389c61.jpg

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
just so you know most regulated mods like the predator are series. The thing to be concerned with is just the overall coil resistance. Like everyone keeps saying stay above .4. WIth th NC II in straight unreg mode you will be getting the full power of the batteries hitting the coil with no way to turn it down, so some people use a higher resistance coil. a .4 coil on fully charged batteries is like hitting your predator with the same coil at 175W VS a .7 coil will be like 100 watts at full charge. As the batteries drains the vape gets weaker. Once the batteries drain to about 3.5V each that .4 coil should feel like 120 watts on a predator

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
"neutral"... seriously?
Yes, neutral post for that's what makes it a series deck. Instead of the standard parallel deck were you 1/2 the ohms with dual coils you double the ohms, thus series.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmm.. I've never seen - ever - a deck with a left, right, NEUTRAL post..

I've seen POS/NEG/POS or NEG/POS/NEG - same difference to coil - but, in a DC system,. there is no NEUTRAL.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I've seen POS/NEG/POS or NEG/POS/NEG - same difference to coil - but, in a DC system,. there is no NEUTRAL.
Really?
Maybe you should try out the Modfather RDA, Modfather RTA, Uwell X, Neutron and Vaperz Cloud has a 30mm RDA with a neutral post.

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

The neutral post is simply insulated from everything else. Basically it’s just connecting the 2 coil legs together and making it 1 coil rather then 2.... that’s why the resistance doubles rather then gets cut in half. It’s actually very simple but very clever at the same time. I absolutely love these types of atomizers since it opens up my more exotic coils to series mods like in the picture I posted above... I would never be able to throw some beefy fralien coils onto a series mod, this is making that possible ... love it!

EDIT: in my picture above you can see the post on the right is the neutral post and it’s insulated from the rest of the deck. On the left there are 2 separate posts in the shape of a velocity post with one being a positive and the other negative rather then both being either positive or negative

Gavlan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Are there any more " neutral post" rda's out there other than the ones mentioned ?.
It would be nice to have a list of these cos they certainly have their uses.
I could use a couple myself,,,, interesting.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I believe the aromamizer supreme kit has a neutral post/series deck

I forgot about the Aromamizer Titan, that does have a series deck option...but it's 40mm and would look pretty crazy on a Noisy Cricket II, might even knock it over lmao

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Really?
Maybe you should try out the Modfather RDA, Modfather RTA, Uwell X, Neutron and Vaperz Cloud has a 30mm RDA with a neutral post.

Hey...are you sure the Modfather RTA has a neutral post option? I would have bought one lots of times if it does

VU Sponsors