Become a Patron!

Selecting Wire for the coil

Hi guys,

I'm new to vaping. I just bought an Ivape lite 40s. It seems like an exact Indian version of JomoTech lite 40s.

Question is i need to buy wire to rebuild its coil. According to most online articles, I should get a kanthal alloy wire. But what gauge for this particular device? and anything else I should keep in mind when looking for this wire?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Watched another guy that rebuilt one. But some people just do that to save money. But there's more to learn when it comes to starting building. If that what you're looking for then I was mistaken in the original post. I linked replacement coils.if your looking to rebuild them then here's a link to the video.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, he says kanthal 20 gauge. I was wondering if there is more to it

Here is probably the best place as far as quality & price to get your wire. I've selected 20 AWG (American Wire Gauge/ IWG (Imperial Wire Guage/metric) ) Kanthal (Alloy/Material name) A1 (Grade) as a 100 FT spool. I usually go ahead and get 100 FT spools when I buy wire, rather have extra than have not. Worst case you might trade out some wire or make up some coils to barter for juice, or just to give away with mates.

You might even possibly get all kinds of fancy, create custom coils to sell for a good bit of shiny. I know some that do just that. They (yes, they remain a they) keep wanting me to step in a bit, I keep doubting myself. I don't build enough. I can pick it up quick enough though, and do it by hand instead of w/ a drill. So, I am slow in the doing but seem capable enough. Tsk, but self doubt can cripple.

Here's a link to their resistance wire with nothing selected. Might want to bookmark TEMCo if you think you'll be getting into doing a fair bit of building. Their wire is possibly some of the cleanest globally a person can find. Simply put their wire goes into nearly everything from NASA stuff to simple kitchen toasters that make your morning toast. Shipment and delivery from them is always faster than I would expect. I think they use Pigeon Net to do delivery service, or perhaps Falcon Net. They're stuff moves in any case.

TEMCo also has a 1 year warranty on their wire products. You don't need a reason, ship back any unused product with your invoice slip. They'll refund your purchase price. Am I overselling them? Nope. I don't do any affiliate sales for them either, for nobody I link or point to. I point folks to products I use and am satisfied, happy buying again from a vendor/company. You don't see me pointing to any I don't use. I don't offer lip service for anyone, they earn my custom.

The tutorial video in this thread was good. Be aware though sometimes you might run into a few gotchas with these kind of assemblies. I don't use coil heads like these. I use just a plain RDA, run a coil post to post, wick it, squonk and vape on.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
28 awg does well too. :) It is a little stiffer to work into shape but that also means it keeps itself in shape while drawn taut. You don't need to anneal Kanthal from TEMCo, comes already done. You may want to do a few dry pulses when tweaking your coil for hot spots. Don't use dry cotton in the coil while tweaking, leave the coil open, then after you get finished wick the coil once it cools.

@inspects , I'm over here falling asleep earlier sitting up in my office chair. Didn't get bed proper but dozed for at least four to six hours setting up. Not quite sure what's going on. Figure my Lady will be all kinds of growling at me later, not that I won't deserve it. She might even turn me into a newt again, or worse, a salamander. Check PM for more. Not quite suitable for thread.

VU Sponsors