Become a Patron!

Seeking Advice Before Crafting My First Recipes (with Capella)

Hey VapingUnderground community!
I'm gearing up to mix my first batch of DIY e-liquids after having bought these Capella aromas: Sugar Cookie V1, Vanilla Custard V1, French Vanilla V1, Banana, and Sweet Strawberry (new RF). I’ve come up with a few recipe ideas and would love your feedback before I start mixing, as well as any new recipe suggestions or advice you might have using just these Capella aromas:

Strawberry Custard
10% CAP Sweet Strawberry
5% CAP Vanilla Custard

Vanilla Sugar Cookie
8% CAP Sugar Cookie
4% CAP Vanilla Custard

Vanilla Custard
10% CAP Vanilla Custard
2.5% CAP French Vanilla
1% Ethyl Maltol

1. How do these initial recipes look? Do the flavor percentages seem balanced? I will steep the required amount of time, I am not in a rush.
  2. Would adding 1-2% CAP Sugar Cookie to the Strawberry Custard and Vanilla Custard bring a nice pastry note, or would it be too overpowering?
  3. I live in Italy where we do not have access to the main companies like TPA, Inawera, Capella, etc. However all FlavourArt aromas are readily available. What recipes would you suggest making by combining the capella aromas I have and any FlavourArt ones? I do like stuff like Dinner Lady Lemon Tart just to give out one.
  4. How does French Vanilla compare to Vanilla Custard?
Thanks in advance for all your help and insights! Truly appreciated.

These posts have been moved to the DIY E Liquid General Discussion by a moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Try testing the Strawberry by itself before committing to full recipe. Mix small (10 ml) bottles at 2%, 4%, 6%, etc so you can dial it in.

Also, beware some folks cannot taste artificial strawberry flavors. Just a trick of the tongue.

Your other recipes sound reasonable for Capella flavors.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Some of those % seem too high (capella is one of the brands that was popular years ago when recipes used higher % because of the devices) Don't get me wrong... CAP still has good flavors. What are you using (RDA, RTA, drop-in coil tanks, pods)? FA has many great flavors! Let me know more flavor types you like and I can recommend a few FA options.
I'm in the US so not sure about what you can get... have you checked Chef's or Non Nomz? They are in the UK. Like gopher said, it's more work but doing small test batches (SFTs) really helps you get to know new flavors. I used to do this with every flavor I got but don't always have time for that anymore. I'll have more time this week-end so be patient (I love helping "newbies") Basically, there is no best brand and depending on the flavor one brand might be better while another brand is a better choice for a different flavor.

VU Sponsors