Become a Patron!

screw size

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Someone here will likely know, but in the meantime: always check on FT - those forums often contain the very information you need in the DISCUSSION section.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
If you have a hardware store local you can take the screws there and fit them. Ace hardware and others have bins of odds and ends, somewhere in all of it they will have a sizing tool where you can determine size and thread pitch.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I find most stores of late don't really stock these tiny grubs, and metric? I've also never seen them provide a tool.

I really should get my own tool for this, but damned if I can remember who/what you need: something like a jackknife with sawteeth should be what we need, and a caliper I think is plenty for diameter.

Anyone got an FT or Amazon link/term/searchphrase for that threads widget?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Wait, these are phillips head screws you are talking about?

This atomizer?:

Bravo-RTA-by-Wotofo-in-all-colors-with-deck__80531.1515444794.png

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I would try either
https://www.mcmaster.com/

Possibly a true value if you have one nearby... I find them to have more of the odd bits that Home Depot won’t carry.
Another possibility is a local electronics dealer—- place that carries components and such

Take a screw in to any hardware store and have them use a caliper to measure. Then check McMaster.

Last edited:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

I had so many of these things I didn't know what to do with them all when I was a teenager.

My Father put in his 30 years at the Whiting Turner Contracting company and he used to get them for free all the time.
They were given away as advertisements and there would be company logo's and slogans on them.

I may have three of them now if i'm lucky :(

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Or if you happen to have one of the Old Time Family owned Hardware Stores in the neighborhood like a place I have been using for 40 years. They always have what I need even the most oddball shit the people at HD or TV never heard of.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Or if you happen to have one of the Old Time Family owned Hardware Stores in the neighborhood like a place I have been using for 40 years. They always have what I need even the most oddball shit the people at HD or TV never heard of.

When I lived in Baltimore we had one and the guy was able to stay afloat with the home depot opening right down the street where the local mall used to be.

That's because people from the neighborhood wouldn't mind spending an extra couple bucks for the higher quality customer service.
It's worth the extra money when the people know you by name at a store.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I just had a thought and most of the RBA/RTA/RBTA's I have come with a spare part package. Did you happen to check the box it came in, @Alexo ??

Yes!

Plus like with the Crown V1 did you check under the packaging in the box?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That's because people from the neighborhood wouldn't mind spending an extra couple bucks for the higher quality customer service.
It's worth the extra money when the people know you by name at a store.

I just had to get a new Weed Whacker because the Carburetor and Kit for it are discontinued for my old one. Spoke to my Landscaper Buddy who recommended an Echo which is commercial quality but they do have residential models. After an On-Line search and checking the price to ship to Home Depot I bought it at the Local LIFFCO who had a $20 cheaper price for the same model. Only he doesn't sell it unless it is tested so I walked out with a fueled up ready to go unit. Not like I needed him to do it but was nice. Support your local businesses.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Phillips ...

just measured a spare in the pack

Total length 7.15mm
Thread length 6.16mm
Thread diameter 1.92mm
Head diameter 3.54mm

Haven’t got one of those measuring tools Steve posted for the pitch sorry ...gonna have to pick one up though looks well handy

Last edited:

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Got the tool today it has a pitch of 0.4 (metric) so with the above diameter of 1.9mm i mentioned it’s an “M2 x 6mm” Phillips Pan head screw

E655E23E-28A9-410F-AB32-59E8AE3CC908.jpeg

Last edited:

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Awesome thread guys! I posted in here just so I can remember it. With rebuildables replacing screws is inevitable.

Well done Steve posting the screw pitch gages. :vino:

VU Sponsors