Become a Patron!

Scottua The Tank V3

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I heard Scottua came out with a new "The Tank" I was initially excited, I was looking forward to getting it until two things.
  1. Plastic, not glass
  2. $250
You've got to be kidding, $250 then add insult to injury plastic? Nope, not going to do it, no way in hell. I'm certainly not afraid to pay high dollar for quality but I won't be gouged. This is an obscene price IMO, maybe $150 tops but $250 no fucking way.

Anyway here's the breakdown of it.

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I was a fan of the v1. The only down sides were the the way the airflow was placed, and the filling method.

Such a number they went with plastic, and an over inflated price. Shame, since it seemed to take care of the two things I didn't enjoy about the v1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was a fan of the v1. The only down sides were the the way the airflow was placed, and the filling method.

Such a number they went with plastic, and an over inflated price. Shame, since it seemed to take care of the two things I didn't enjoy about the v1

Yep, the same with me about the V1 which kept me from getting it. This completely obscene price, if it was made from pure silver that would justify the price but certainly not what they're asking for.

This is one of the occasions where I'll be looking for the Clone just to give Scottua the middle finger ya know.

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yep, the same with me about the V1 which kept me from getting it. This completely obscene price, if it was made from pure silver that would justify the price but certainly not what they're asking for.

This is one of the occasions where I'll be looking for the Clone just to give Scottua the middle finger ya know.
Bet you a nickle the clones will come with glass or ultem tanks lol

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I'm really surprised the clones haven't come out yet. There's no way I'm dropping $250 on a freakin' RTA.

GKG2017

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Another downside is for that price $250.00 you would think they would include a couple extra glass tank replacements.

Cosmic

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Dude really should be ashamed of himself....seems to have a pretty high opinion of himself and his tank. Probably just designed it and is having it manufactured in China for all that. He's really just making himself a laughing stock and has priced himself way out of the market. $250? Really? No. Just No.

GKG2017

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Even at $250 he will be sold out soon...... I need a replacement tank to put on an N1 mod box

If your thinking of getting one at $250 let us no how it works out. Jai Haze gave it a great review. $250.00 is too much. Beside I already got a 30mm RDTA Aromamizer Supreme to fit on my SX Glass Mini..

If I get another 30mm RTA I'll get a Modfather. Like Yours...

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I'm in a raffle for one on Facebook. There are 25 total spots. Man I hope I win!

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If your thinking of getting one at $250 let us no how it works out. Jai Haze gave it a great review. $250.00 is too much. Beside I already got a 30mm RDTA Aromamizer Supreme to fit on my SX Glass Mini..

If I get another 30mm RTA I'll get a Modfather. Like Yours...
Man I have 2 of the Scottua tanks, I gave one to Inspects, I paid $265.00 each when they came out...... and the best thing it's the big deck..... and the drip tip also..... The glass is so Fragile and constantly breaking, so i see why he went with that strong plastic tank material and mine just leaked like a sip.... a lot of condensation all over the place..... When my tanks broke one after the other the owner sent me to other people to build me tanks at $25.00 to $40.00 each ........ I just got tired of messing with the damb thing..... and it's a pitty it's a nice looking and flavorful tank..... Get a Modfather that's why I have like 6..... with different flavors and even the small tank...... They are awesome.....

Attachments

• 08.03.17 phone pics 347.jpg
    08.03.17 phone pics 347.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 08.03.17 phone pics 301.jpg
    08.03.17 phone pics 301.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 08.03.17 phone pics 407SmaLL.jpg
    08.03.17 phone pics 407SmaLL.jpg
    365.3 KB · Views: 32
  • MY MODS 020small.JPG
    MY MODS 020small.JPG
    316.6 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I'm really surprised that there aren't any clones yet. At least not that I know of.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll stick with the Modfather and Voltrove thank you.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Still nothing - at least I couldn't find anything.

Debbiej

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Crap........now I want one too! How does this vape? I've been into the hurricane, Rose3, Squape emotion. Sometimes I find myself wanting to chick a big old cloud. One filled with great flavor and dense plume. What is out there now? Been outta the loop. Looked at reload, now this scottua looks good

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Crap........now I want one too! How does this vape? I've been into the hurricane, Rose3, Squape emotion. Sometimes I find myself wanting to chick a big old cloud. One filled with great flavor and dense plume. What is out there now? Been outta the loop. Looked at reload, now this scottua looks good
I have been looking at the Scottua a lot lately. My current go to rta's are the Churchill. Reload, Ohmec, and Sherman v3.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I broke down and got a V2 clone from 3F on it's way. At least i think it's a V2? But I still want that V3 clone.

scottua-style-rta-rebuildable-tank-atomizer-silver-stainless-steel-glass-3ml-75ml-25mm-diameter.jpg

scottua-style-rta-rebuildable-tank-atomizer-silver-stainless-steel-glass-3ml-75ml-25mm-diameter.jpg

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I broke down and got a V2 clone from 3F on it's way. At least i think it's a V2? But I still want that V3 clone.

I saw that but I am not sure on how 1:1 it is because I have looked at some used authentic v2 Scottua Tanks and this is a bit different. They had a Scottua The Tank clone that came with the 10ml tank, but it was out of stock everywhere I looked at it at. Really tempted by the authentic to see what is up. I joined the FB group and people love the authentic.

Last edited:
I ran across this discussion while searching for a V3 clone. I actually know a bit about these tanks. The clone shown is a V1.
V1 has a screw at the bottom you remove to fill. V2 has no screw and has a seperate base piece with a seal that must be screwed on and off. It also offers 2 holes with one being for ventilation while filling.
V3 is a top fill tank no more p.i.t.a. removal from the 510 everytime you need to refill. Hope this helps clear some stuff up and now you know what to be on look out for.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I ran across this discussion while searching for a V3 clone. I actually know a bit about these tanks. The clone shown is a V1.
V1 has a screw at the bottom you remove to fill. V2 has no screw and has a seperate base piece with a seal that must be screwed on and off. It also offers 2 holes with one being for ventilation while filling.
V3 is a top fill tank no more p.i.t.a. removal from the 510 everytime you need to refill. Hope this helps clear some stuff up and now you know what to be on look out for.
Welcome aboard.....:vino:

Dagoroth

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
That thing is huge, it looks like it has an 18ml capacity x.x, maybe the persons hands in the video are just tiny.

edit: Ah i see it has a 10ml capacity, that's pretty nice.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I still like the Modfather better than the Scottua, don't own one, but I tried one......:oops:

Debbiej

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried a Scottua 10ml tank today. Nice whooshy airflow, hit big......loved it.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been using this rta for near a couple weeks now. I was half convinced that before purchase that people who have one say it is so great because they want to justify that they spent so much on it, so they have convinced themselves that it is the best.

Keep in mind I am no stranger to buying what I consider a nice rta, but it took a bit for me to pull the trigger on this tank. After trying to be critical of this tank the only real complaint I have in regards to it is the price tag. Everything else about it just makes it a great rta. The build quality is excellent and the flavor and over all production makes it imo the best rta that I currently have in my possession.

The Tank is not going to be for everyone, but I was worried about buyers remorse and after having it I don't have any, and I am just happy to have it in my rotation.
20171008_152104.jpg

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Okay, so I ordered one just now. I couldn't really justify paying $250 of my own cash for it, so I sold an unreleased purple 300W Dotbox I had laying around to pay for it.

Last edited:

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay, so I ordered one just now. I couldn't really justify paying $250 of my own cash for it, so I sold an unreleased purple 300W Dotbox I had laying around to pay for it.
From my perspective it is worth the cost. That is not to say that I don't think that it should be priced more in the 150-180 range, but I picked up a second one with some extras for a decent price on the second hand market. I wouldn't of bought a second one if I did not think it was an awesome flavor rta.

Congrats on the purchase and I look forward to your critique. I was looking for fault after getting one and other than price, and possibly tank section materials have nothing.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
So far, the only con I can relate about this (and it's really more of a personal preference) is that the AFC ring spins all the way around. I would rather it had stops at either end of the air flow holes. Also, a 25mm version would have been a nice option. Other than that I can't find a single flaw, and the flavor is absolutely phenomenal!

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So far, the only con I can relate about this (and it's really more of a personal preference) is that the AFC ring spins all the way around. I would rather it had stops at either end of the air flow holes. Also, a 25mm version would have been a nice option. Other than that I can't find a single flaw, and the flavor is absolutely phenomenal!
As interesting as it looks I seriously can't justify $250 for a Tank, if it was under $200 I would think about it, but $250 I just can't

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Same here. Like I said, I wouldn't have straight out paid $250 for it. It's honestly not worth $250 - maybe $150 at the most. So I sold a mod I wasn't using to pay for it. Basically an indirect trade. BTW - the mod cost me $0.00. :D

Masher59

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yea they can stick that tank up their ass. Straight up price gouging.

Hey can I ask you a question. I'm new on here, so bare with me. What kind of build do you have in your tank? I've had this for several weeks, and while the draw on the vape is insane, I'm actually getting better flavor from the Squape E I just got. It's like the flavor is muted somewhat. I've tried three different builds. There's something I'm not doing right. I'm starting to think the fancy thing is hype because I have a single parallel coil in the Squape with the B deck and the vape and flavor is fantastic.

The reason I got the V3 in the first place is because I tried at a vape bar near where I live and was blown away, but I didn't ask what was inside of it. Yeah, the price is stupid high and ridiculous; but so is everything else that's authentic and not made in China. The Squape with the two extra decks is about the same price unless you get it straight from Switzerland. In all fairness though, this guy gave me some Organic Peruvian Cotton to put in the Squape. It's better than any other cotton I've used and he said it was cheap. I just ran into him at a vape store so I don't know where he got it from. This is what I have in there now. This things guzzles juice. You can empty that 4ml tank in 15 minutes if you wanted to. Anyway, let me know.

20171127_095933.jpg

VU Sponsors