Become a Patron!

Scottish Roll Wicking vs Normal Wicking

Lambreau21

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What are your personal pros and cons of each? Is there one style that is better than the other in everyones experience?

So I've used both styles of wicking and personally really like the Scottish Roll Wicking. I don't get drastically bigger vapor production but I can definitely tell there is a difference. I'm just not sure if maybe I change my technique it could get better or if I should just stick to the tried and true normal wicking. Really I just want to hear everyone's input on why they choose the technique they do. Thanks for the input.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I actually use the Scottish roll with rayon. I definitely notice a difference in terms of wicking and longevity. They hold way more juice, last longer, and there is absolutely no break in time. Great flavor right off the bat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use Sally Salon Coil Cotton. It is pretty fluffy so I roll it. Works good.

Flightmedic76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I only roll now unless it is a tank build. I can usually hit my RDA's at least 15 times at around 70-80w before having to re-drip. I also like that I get a gradual decrease in vapor and flavor change to help avoid dry hits. I'll stick with it because it literally takes me just a couple of extra minutes.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I honestly didn't know there was numerous named methods of wicking. lol.
I'll have to look up scottish roll and see what it is.

I always just twist the end and stick it in my coils then use tweezers to pull it through, then untwist it and fluff it up a bit on the end in the drip wells

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've always rolled the cotton pads. Barely fits through the coil. I then work it back and forth. Flavor and vapor is the best for me. Loose cotton always gave me problems.

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like Scottish role in my RDA's; rayon in my RTA's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Use Scottish on my RDA's, works really well. I don't use it on my Tank's, doesn't work as well then regular wicking for me on them

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors