Become a Patron!

Scott Gottlieb joins Pfizer board, but not everyone is celebrating

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
https://medcitynews.com/2019/06/scott-gottlieb-joins-pfizer-board-but-not-everyone-is-celebrating/

So, he pulls a fake "epidemic" out of thin air and then coincidentally goes to work for vaping's competition?
nothing shady going on here. :facepalm:
I remember when he was appointed and being so hopeful that he would make these idiots come to their senses and treat vaping as the revolutionary health advancement that it is.
Fuck that guy. Goddam shill.

Sent from the Death Star

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Let's not forget that when Gottlieb was appointed, the drop-dead date for the industry was 8/8/2018. He gave us a reprieve. In addition, he did not enforce the "No new products after 8/8/2016" part of the Deeming that was already in effect. I'm not sure anyone in his position could have gotten away with doing more than he did, coming in after the had already been finalized for the better part of a year.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Let's not forget that when Gottlieb was appointed, the drop-dead date for the industry was 8/8/2018. He gave us a reprieve. In addition, he did not enforce the "No new products after 8/8/2016" part of the Deeming that was already in effect. I'm not sure anyone in his position could have gotten away with doing more than he did, coming in after the had already been finalized for the better part of a year.

Yes, All that was wonderful.
Everything was great up until around eight months ago

That's when he decided that 0.6% of non smoking teens vaping regularly (20 days or more per month) was some kind of "epidemic" even though the daily teen smoking rate had dropped by more than 0.6%.

Let's not kid ourselves and think pharma hadn't already approached him about what he's going to do after leaving the FDA.
Could they have approached him BEFORE he announced the horrible epidemic of teens no longer smoking cigarettes?
You bet they could.
They likely approached him October of 2018 around the same time they got him to "fast track" a shitload of new drugs with nothing more than mouse studies as evidence of effectiveness.

He started off great.
He was great all the way up until the time he sold out.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yay. Another Chantix pusher. I've never known anyone that tried it that didn't experience some of these, and some not listed.

Less Common
  • Difficult or labored breathing
  • hyperventilation
  • tightness in the chest
Incidence Not Known
  • Anger
  • anxiety
  • behavior changes
  • discouragement
  • feeling sad or empty
  • feelings of panic
  • irregular heartbeats
  • irritability
  • loss of interest or pleasure
  • mood swings
  • restlessness
  • seeing, hearing, or feeling things that are not there
  • sleepwalking
  • thoughts of killing oneself

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yay. Another Chantix pusher. I've never known anyone that tried it that didn't experience some of these, and some not listed.

Less Common
  • Difficult or labored breathing
  • hyperventilation
  • tightness in the chest
Incidence Not Known
  • Anger
  • anxiety
  • behavior changes
  • discouragement
  • feeling sad or empty
  • feelings of panic
  • irregular heartbeats
  • irritability
  • loss of interest or pleasure
  • mood swings
  • restlessness
  • seeing, hearing, or feeling things that are not there
  • sleepwalking
  • thoughts of killing oneself
The only side effect vaping has in common with Chantix is anger.

It's only bc of politicians and media flat out lying about the "dangers of vaping" and the "epidemic."

Sent from the Death Star

VU Sponsors