Become a Patron!

Scale LB-501 is broken. Need help to fix or replace.

The scale reads Err0 when turned on and goes to gn mode. Also the weight is way off I have tried to re-calibrate with no luck, Any suggestions, is it repairable? Should I buy a new scale same model? Thanks

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
What is $32 worth to you? Thats what a new one cost on amazon. Can you repair it? Possibly, is it worth the time? probably not. If you have tried recalibrating and cant get a pass on it by using both weights, its likely not worth repairing. You really need that thing to be precise and consistent or you could end up wasting materials costing much more than the scale itself.

Welcome to VU poolman. Are you a poolman or do you just play one on TV?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Syringes and beakers never break or need calibrating. Just my two cents.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
jwill where did you find one for $32? I have only seen $45-50. Thank you jwill

They are $45. I was referencing the LB-1000. My mistake. It still begs the same question though. It may be worth sending an email to their support or calling their phone number, but IMO anything beyond that is spinning wheels.

Thank you everyone for the welcomes and quick responses. I didn't even realize this was my first post, I have been reading the forum for so long. @jwill thanks for being the voice of reason, deal with costumer service can be a pita. I think I will wait till midnight maybe catch it on a prime day sale.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
So the other real question remains. Are you a real poolman?

ceecee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
The scale reads Err0 when turned on and goes to gn mode. Also the weight is way off I have tried to re-calibrate with no luck, Any suggestions, is it repairable? Should I buy a new scale same model? Thanks

Isn't that an American Weigh Scale? Although I don't have the LB-501 my AWS came with a 10 year warranty. Check and see what kind of warranty you have with that thing before tossing it. :)

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They are $45. I was referencing the LB-1000. My mistake. It still begs the same question though. It may be worth sending an email to their support or calling their phone number, but IMO anything beyond that is spinning wheels.
I bought one on Amazon a few months ago for $23. I only got it cuz everyone on Reddit acts like its THE scale to have. I don't really like it too much. Its bulky and the display screen isn't lighted. The lid gets in the way too. I'd reccomended getting a flat scale. .01 capability (Of course), and a screen that lights up.

ceecee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I bought one on Amazon a few months ago for $23. I only got it cuz everyone on Reddit acts like its THE scale to have. I don't really like it too much. Its bulky and the display screen isn't lighted. The lid gets in the way too. I'd reccomended getting a flat scale. .01 capability (Of course), and a screen that lights up.

I agree. I never mix anything over 50ml anyway so I went with the small fold up AWS and I love it.

VU Sponsors