Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
So I just turned 40 and I fucking broke
My left ring finger and maybe dislocated my right muddle finger! Ok ok
Welcome to dying age!!!

40+ sucks!!

Hell, you guys are just kids!
It gets better, I'm 64 and loving every minute of it.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hell, you guys are just kids!
It gets better, I'm 64 and loving every minute of it.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!
At this point, I would feel lucky to make it that far.
That's an accomplishment
Congrats!!!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So I just turned 40 and I fucking broke
My left ring finger and maybe dislocated my right muddle finger! Ok ok
Welcome to dying age!!!
ej!!
logo.ashx

Happy belated birthday, ej. :blowkiss:

Dying
age??? Dude I turned 51 this past summer.

For your midlife crisis, I got you a present. I hope it makes you feel better.

nhEho1j.gif

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Uber stock jumps sky high on this news!

Rats have learned how to drive and steer their own tiny cars in exchange for Froot Loops.

2CAWKS

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
"Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit"
-George Clinton

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Damn it!

Learned this evening we're moving out of the apartment. We're going back into the place up by her mom and dad, with her sister and her husband. I am also going to keep pushing applications for our local Burger King, Love's, Speedway until I get hired and working. Need to do that.

We've already discussed the rats there. Neither of us are exactly looking forward to needing to go back. Her BIL won't allow cats, says he's allergic which is bullshit. He's just a damn so and so. Although we think the rats there actually ate one of our cats, hmm. She said we'll get the non-working poison packs to put out. Figure I'll need to do some research, sort a poison out that will work. Either that or tag them with my pellet pistol.

Our moving out is due to the lovely Federal H.U.D jacking our rent up. We would need to pay about $440 monthly. We cannot do that even if we both work and for damn good reason.

Well, a few good reasons. We simply won't have it as if I start working, we lose S.N.A.P and we'll likely need to lose Medicaid. We won't be able to pay rent and medical bills because medical bills will need to be out of pocket, no insurance, cannot afford it.

Then, we have also considered a plan of action towards find our own home with a mortgage in the $30-45 thousand dollar range using some assistance from the Dept. of Agriculture's rural housing loan assistance, or F.H.A. We have calculated that and at most would be looking at paying only $200-$350 monthly for mortgage payments, ergo paying over $400 monthly for a two bedroom apartment we cannot even fart in?

Nope, not happening --- does not fucking compute. Not when at the lower rate we're "renting to buy", and I can stay home, work the land, and/or work away and still work the land, raise our own food, use wood heat if we want. We could even go semi-off grid or possibly full off grid too. It just makes no sense to rent and not own the ages we are in life.

Renting without owning doesn't give us our security, peace of mind. And then maybe we might afford insurance, maybe, no holding our breaths. Then, well I guess I'll come off all but my blood pressure medicine and might try homeopathy/exercise for it and diet too.

Thank you fucking stupid H.U.D. We're on the low income sliding scale systems because well, we're fucking low income. Not even earning Federal Poverty level with us both working. Yes, we've tried it and surprisingly, we come out with less than if only one works. We're not sure why, or how that happens but it did for three years running. But no worries, I'll go back to work anyway. Need something to do. Besides I can keep some of my paycheck "the boss" says.

Gah! Pain in my fucking balls! - No, not the having to go work. I don't give one bit of rat shit about that. What pisses me off is having to move her back into a rat shit pile, not being capable to keep from that.

Last edited:

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Damn it!

Learned this evening we're moving out of the apartment. We're going back into the place up by her mom and dad, with her sister and her husband. I am also going to keep pushing applications for our local Burger King, Love's, Speedway until I get hired and working. Need to do that.

We've already discussed the rats there. Neither of us are exactly looking forward to needing to go back. Her BIL won't allow cats, says he's allergic which is bullshit. He's just a damn so and so. Although we think the rats there actually ate one of our cats, hmm. She said we'll get the non-working poison packs to put out. Figure I'll need to do some research, sort a poison out that will work. Either that or tag them with my pellet pistol.

Our moving out is due to the lovely Federal H.U.D jacking our rent up. We would need to pay about $440 monthly. We cannot do that even if we both work and for damn good reason.

Well, a few good reasons. We simply won't have it as if I start working, we lose S.N.A.P and we'll likely need to lose Medicaid. We won't be able to pay rent and medical bills because medical bills will need to be out of pocket, no insurance, cannot afford it.

Then, we have also considered a plan of action towards find our own home with a mortgage in the $30-45 thousand dollar range using some assistance from the Dept. of Agriculture's rural housing loan assistance, or F.H.A. We have calculated that and at most would be looking at paying only $200-$350 monthly for mortgage payments, ergo paying over $400 monthly for a two bedroom apartment we cannot even fart in?

Nope, not happening --- does not fucking compute. Not when at the lower rate we're "renting to buy", and I can stay home, work the land, and/or work away and still work the land, raise our own food, use wood heat if we want. We could even go semi-off grid or possibly full off grid too. It just makes no sense to rent and not own the ages we are in life.

Renting without owning doesn't give us our security, peace of mind. And then maybe we might afford insurance, maybe, no holding our breaths. Then, well I guess I'll come off all but my blood pressure medicine and might try homeopathy/exercise for it and diet too.

Thank you fucking stupid H.U.D. We're on the low income sliding scale systems because well, we're fucking low income. Not even earning Federal Poverty level with us both working. Yes, we've tried it and surprisingly, we come out with less than if only one works. We're not sure why, or how that happens but it did for three years running. But no worries, I'll go back to work anyway. Need something to do. Besides I can keep some of my paycheck "the boss" says.

Gah! Pain in my fucking balls! - No, not the having to go work. I don't give one bit of rat shit about that. What pisses me off is having to move her back into a rat shit pile, not being capable to keep from that.
Sorry to hear that MMM... system gets ya one way or the other! :rolleyes:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sorry to hear that MMM... system gets ya one way or the other! :rolleyes:

It genuinely does at that. We are no saints of holding onto what we earn. Still we do not go out of our way to live beyond our means either. We do make a diligent good faith effort to keep bills paid.

Granted I dread thinking of her school loan she has in "hardship", or whatever flavor they're calling the help program. That however is well over 100 grand for a silly two year liberal arts degree. She has her "core" classes. None of the college's finance dept ever brought up Pell Grants to her or her sis. With her dad having had 40 + active, likely 3/4 of her bill would have been paid.

I had a bit of trouble with a credit card myself. Used it for family needs with what I thought was an agreement the family would help pay on it. Ha ha, boy was I fooled. Right as that started coming due I lost a job, rest of family that had helped pile on the bill high tailed out of state. I lost a job in simplest terms from a management shakeup. The "new" manager didn't want me there, found an "excuse". Good as I am, once someone starts looking they'll find anything and it won't matter what.

So my lesson learned. I'll not ever have a credit card again, end of discussion. Debit card, sure maybe but I know that I need watching a little. Rather stay with cash. "This is your pile, once it is gone that's it for you." That keeps it simple. And no, I don't really "spend" much.

Vaping has become an incidental in a way but I'm not always going after the "best" or "high end" stuff either. I like snack foods, might buy a beer on occasion, maybe get a fifth of rum to stash after a nip or two. I'm no fashion plate for clothes. jeans t-shirt, sweats t-shirt/sweatshirt/hoodie I like neutral colors, Earthy. Sometimes I might like my Carhart work clothes, which can be costly a bit, but they damn well last a while too. :) Sometime drop $50 - $70 for a decent work boot which also lasts.

She works at Goodwill. I've had second hand nearly all my life except for skivies, refuse to second hand those and think that's fair. She's about the same clothes wise. Never wears a dress, seldom a skirt. Well a dress once, our wedding day. :) Only day aside from military I wore a tie, or ever will.

Yes we do eat out some. We might could cut back on that. Possibly trim in our ISP a bit, though we've kind of allowed for that like a utility. $50 a month I think it is, water if we need to pay town water here is about $30 monthly. We don't see that as being too far out of our means if at all.

Not sure what we'll do. Sure we'll manage. Got a few voices telling me as much. Most of them brought me up and were brought up through life rough like me & her. Will put faith in that. Sorry, I'm just damn frustrated needing to move us back into that.

If that sounds chauvinistic, well, lump it damn it. A man like me likes to take care of his Lady. It is just how we got trained up, how we gave our word to her grandfather. Would have been the same if I had gotten a husband. That's just me. *shrugs* Take care of those I love, or try well to do so.

And yeah, I'm already kicking this dog's ass here because he didn't "take hold" and get into some kind of "work" away from home to bring money in sooner. Yes, that's on me, can own it. Yes, feel shamed a good bit. Do not need any reminder of it, trust me I kick myself hard enough for everyone else.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Some good news, some possibility. :)

Found a bit of cruel way to get rid of mice & rats. I say cruel because I dislike hurting any critter really. In these critter's cases though I'll let myself be cruel. Mix a 1 to 1 ratio of flour & plaster of Paris, set out on a tray in well traveled areas.

Let them enjoy the feast. It works because the plaster of Paris blocks their digestion tracts up, in a sense you feed them rocks. As I said, know that seems cruel, inhumane. Rather that over living with actual vermin and pestilence in their case.

Also wife might have helped in locating me decent work. It would be with a major building supply company, roughly 25 miles one way. Looks to have average of around $11.50 hrly, OJT, decent benefits, a company that cares about employees & recognizes good workers.

Now, all that remains is to carefully apply what the nice psychologists on YouTube suggest for dealing with narcissists. Simply put, "do not engage, do not supply". That'll help make having to go back with my SIL & her BIL a little more bearable. Also noted the FED cut interests rates a third time. That might help in getting a lower fixed rate mortgage, though I'm not going to hold my breath for such "luck".

2CAWKS

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Some good news, some possibility. :)

Found a bit of cruel way to get rid of mice & rats. I say cruel because I dislike hurting any critter really. In these critter's cases though I'll let myself be cruel. Mix a 1 to 1 ratio of flour & plaster of Paris, set out on a tray in well traveled areas.

Let them enjoy the feast. It works because the plaster of Paris blocks their digestion tracts up, in a sense you feed them rocks. As I said, know that seems cruel, inhumane. Rather that over living with actual vermin and pestilence in their case.

Also wife might have helped in locating me decent work. It would be with a major building supply company, roughly 25 miles one way. Looks to have average of around $11.50 hrly, OJT, decent benefits, a company that cares about employees & recognizes good workers.

Now, all that remains is to carefully apply what the nice psychologists on YouTube suggest for dealing with narcissists. Simply put, "do not engage, do not supply". That'll help make having to go back with my SIL & her BIL a little more bearable. Also noted the FED cut interests rates a third time. That might help in getting a lower fixed rate mortgage, though I'm not going to hold my breath for such "luck".

Congrats man. If you'd like to find a more humane way of dealing with rodents, I'd say check out Mousetrap Monday on YouTube. I'm sure there's a trap you can agree with on there, build it big enough and it may take care of the in-laws also. ;)
https://www.youtube.com/user/historichunter

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you'd like to find a more humane way of dealing with rodents, I'd say check out Mousetrap Monday on YouTube.

I would consider being more humane toward them, if I was unaware that a pair of rats can produce exponentially about 2 billion rats in five years if left unchecked by domestic cats. Might help being unaware rats can carry ticks which carry yersinia pestis bacteria, which leads to bubonic plague a.k.a black death. Even less dramatically, mouse and rat dung can carry a variety of other diseases.

Blessed Samhain! :)

As for the two bigger rodents. There's also a creek bed near where they live. One year my FIL dropped a deer over by it. Me, him and her grandfather went down to dress out and bring the deer up to the barn for butchering out quick. Well, her BIL & my SIL had to come see. The BIL was going on how he wanted to learn if they were going to stay in the country.

Her grandfather handed me his personal carry pocket knife, an worn Old Timer. I grinned and knelt down, moved the deer's hind quarters down hanging over the side of the bank. Had it field dressed in less time than it takes to write here even removing the scent pads. Her grandfather chuckled when I had drawn the belly skin up to cut it open. The BIL asked why granddad chuckled, granddad sighed then told him "Well, Barn's already done hope you know butchering."

I had to walk through a rough, dirty, too quick butchering session with the BIL. The deer was fair weight but it was not exactly a meat producer for its leanness. I stopped midway through and give the BIL the butcher knife. While he was struggling to understand how the carcass fit together I explained how we rightly should take and use all of the critter we could, but were just going to strip the bare meat this time. He didn't understand the weather was just at the tip point. Her grandfather explained that to him.

Think I kind of frightened the BIL that night. He saw that I'm fairly decent at doing stuff like that. Think he also glimpsed what was in my eyes, or not. Still have her grandfather's pocket knife. He told me if he left, it was mine to have. His son, my FIL never blinked when I took it. "Dad said you could have, it's yours." So, I watch out for her granfather's knife and his little girl. :)

Last edited:

2CAWKS

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
I would consider being more humane toward them, if I was unaware that a pair of rats can produce exponentially about 2 billion rats in five years if left unchecked by domestic cats. Might help being unaware rats can carry ticks which carry yersinia pestis bacteria, which leads to bubonic plague a.k.a black death. Even less dramatically, mouse and rat dung can carry a variety of other diseases.

I meant you could find a less "cruel" way to dispose of them, I'm not against getting rid of pests at all. I myself prefer the bucket style traps.
This is one that's worked best for me, I keep it in the shop at all times. I've found it helps to add a splash of peanut oil in the water.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Live by the sword die by the sword or something along those lines?
without the Amor part that is.

I failed latin in HS.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Live by the sword die by the sword or something along those lines?
without the Amor part that is.

I failed latin in HS.

Similar only in that it's a bit of a mantra, motto. Love sustains, I will live. This is something @Hank F. Spankman reminded about once. It keeps holding Truth. I also visited with my a-hole stepfather. He thought he would demean me by letting the four grandfathers know who and what I am. They chuckled at him. It was them which forged me, more than him. He was merely the old granite boulder I got beaten against, so it would fall away and prove my value.

I was never taught Latin in high school. I picked up a little bit from learning transliteration in junior high to read Beowulf. It something I did not need to do but thought it might help to comprehend the newer English version better. It does too. I use Google translate now, gotten lazy will admit.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I meant you could find a less "cruel" way to dispose of them, I'm not against getting rid of pests at all. I myself prefer the bucket style traps.
This is one that's worked best for me, I keep it in the shop at all times. I've found it helps to add a splash of peanut oil in the water.

Have seen many similar traps to this in my searching. Can honestly state though, whilst I don't like harming creatures unduly, when they pose a threat to those I love, ... gloves come off.

There's something said in kicking my own ass over having put up with them crawling over us in our sleep while living there before. I'm not going to do that again. I still may consider less cruel ways of handling them. The method I suggested though seems most efficient. Will think on it.

VU Sponsors