Become a Patron!

Sanyo or iJoy 20700?

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Which one should I get?
I know the sanyo ncr offers 4250mAh, Where as the iJoy is only 3000mAh. Is it safe to get either battery off eBay from a reputable seller of course and not China?
the iJoy is a few dollars more than the sanyo but offers less capacity?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Which one should I get?
I know the sanyo ncr offers 4250mAh, Where as the iJoy is only 3000mAh. Is it safe to get either battery off eBay from a reputable seller of course and not China?
the iJoy is a few dollars more than the sanyo but offers less capacity?

I would choose based on your amp load- the Ijoy is good for 30A, while I take you mean the Sanyo NCR20700B? That is good for 16A, but has a larger capacity as you mention.

If you could get them from a well known seller, someone like torchy then Ebay would be OK. Just make sure it is the actual seller and not someone posing as them.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'd pick the ijoy out of the 2...vdrop is less @30a pulsed...

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
which one hits harder? I'll be using the battery in a mech at 0.2ohms

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

In my opinion, you really wont notice a difference in the 2 with a .2 coils ;)

And apologies, I knew after I typed out the word "pulsed" it would trip the reader up a little... We pulse vape all the time, just not in the sense of vaping at pulse ratings... the ijoy is rated at 30a cdr by mooch, and by his charts the Vdrop isnt as significant on the ijoy as the Sanyo up front... only appreciable difference is the voltage on his tests show that the ijoy goes lower over time, where the Sanyo was pretty linear.

EDIT: So the Ijoy will hit harder up front...the Sanyo will hit harder later ;-)

That is how I read the charts...someone correct me if I am wrong.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

And apologies, I knew after I typed out the word "pulsed" it would trip the reader up a little... We pulse vape all the time, just not in the sense of vaping at pulse ratings... the ijoy is rated at 30a cdr by mooch, and by his charts the Vdrop isnt as significant on the ijoy as the Sanyo up front... only appreciable difference is the voltage on his tests show that the ijoy goes lower over time, where the Sanyo was pretty linear.

EDIT: So the Ijoy will hit harder up front...the Sanyo will hit harder later ;-)

I have the XXX mod and the optional XTension piece. Using dual iJoy 20700s with a .23 ohms build on it, I can feel the difference up front between the dual iJoys and dual VTC5As so I expect the same to hold true for dual iJoys vs. dual Sanyos, but on a single battery and at .2 ohms I'm guessing your opinion would be probably correct... :D

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

what I'm trying to accomplish here with my xxx mod which will be here tmrw or Friday, is to have a higher capacity over my Sammy 25Rs. so I should just get some ijoys than? their $26 shipped for two. I work hard and don't get a big pay check each week so want to spend $ wisely on a set of decent batteries. with a brand new 25r, I get about 26 pulls on a copper mech before I start to get low voltage vape. I can feel when a battery starts to dip low. if I can get a few more mAh out of a 20700, that would be nice. but I don't want to loose the hard hit I get from a 25r

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
what I'm trying to accomplish here with my xxx mod which will be here tmrw or Friday, is to have a higher capacity over my Sammy 25Rs. so I should just get some ijoys than? their $26 shipped for two. I work hard and don't get a big pay check each week so want to spend $ wisely on a set of decent batteries. with a brand new 25r, I get about 26 pulls on a copper mech before I start to get low voltage vape. I can feel when a battery starts to dip low. if I can get a few more mAh out of a 20700, that would be nice. but I don't want to loose the hard hit I get from a 25r

Personally, I, would go for the iJoy. Low voltage vape is still easy to remedy by inserting a freshly charged battery, whereas the problem of getting not hard enough hits can only be solved by buying a harder hitting battery... albeit in this particular case, differences appear to be pretty subtle.

centella4u

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
232ec9a00330af5d3aacde80c655c7ef.jpg

another vote for iJoy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The Sanyo will give you a lot more than 26 pulls if you look at the pulsed discharge graph tests here - https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...nch-test-results-a-peek-at-the-future.775809/

Here is the Ijoy, do compare at the same current though https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...ults-overrated-but-a-good-30a-battery.798323/

The Sanyo will run for longer, but at 30A the Ijoy drops to just under 3.6V under load when fresh off the charger, while the Sanyo immediately dips below 3.3V under a 30A load.

Seeing as you want a hard hitting battery, the Ijoy would be better, and at 30A would give you around 37 5 second pulls before you hit 3.6V at rest- I gather you pull the battery somewhere around 3.7-3.5V so thought that might help you decide.

The 25R hits just under 3.5V at 30A on the first pulse, so the Ijoy will actually hit harder than the 25R, and also give you a longer runtime.

I am using 30A as an example as I used Mooch's graphs to compare, and 30A was the lowest pulsed current for all of the batteries for me to compare.
As you are at 0.2, you will get even longer of a runtime, and also a higher voltage under load- so it will hit even harder :)

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Let's suppose you vape at 30 amps. (You don't...). Let's also suppose your definition of "low voltage vape" is "when the voltage under that 30 amp load is sagging to 3.1 volts". (I dunno if that's your definition of it...). Now, the Sanyo will give you 5 more 5 second pulls than the iJoy. BUT... because the Sanyo hits less hard than the iJoy, probably with the Sanyo you would be taking longer pulls to compensate for this fact. Taking longer pulls also means fewer pulls before the "low voltage vape" happens. Finally, because you're NOT vaping at 30 amps, the difference between the voltage sag of the iJoy and that of the Sanyo will be even more significant than that which can directly be seen on Mooch's graphs. Meaning, those 5 more 5 second pulls are not even representative for your style of vaping anyway to begin with. So... until someone actually verifies it by vaping, noone can say for sure the Sanyo will give you a longer runtime. Runtime, as in, runtime from when you put the freshly charged battery in until you feel that low voltage vape. From what I am able to tell by looking at the colorful pulse graphs, this "extra runtime" that you "WILL get from the Sanyo" in your specific personal usage scenario either is completely nonexistent or in no way worth sacrificing harder hits for. (This, of course, is still only my own personal subjective opinion............)

Last edited:

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For the OP, just check Mooch's graphs, and from them you can deduce what is best. I used 30A as it was the example that was shown for all three batteries, including the 25R, even though I know you are around 20A.

The Ijoy will hit harder, and still give you a longer runtime than the 25R :)

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
okay what I'm going to do is get a iJoy battery and a sanyo. even tho my chargers do not say it will charge a 20700, they do charge 26650s without an issue. I have the nitecore d2 and d4. Will I be OK? or do I need to buy a third charger? I do want the LUC v6 and xtar with the sweet display but batteries first, next paycheck will be a charger.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
okay what I'm going to do is get a iJoy battery and a sanyo. even tho my chargers do not say it will charge a 20700, they do charge 26650s without an issue. I have the nitecore d2 and d4. Will I be OK? or do I need to buy a third charger? I do want the LUC v6 and xtar with the sweet display but batteries first, next paycheck will be a charger.

Mooch said these can charge '700s

Basen BS1 (barely fits)

Basen BS-2

Basen BS-4

Efest LUC V4

Efest LUC V6

Efest SODA

E-SYB S6

HohmTech HohmBase

XTAR SV2

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I think that is a good idea, then you can try them yourself and see which you prefer in your type of use.

@So619Cal gave a good list of chargers, I have a few Nitecores myself (I2 and D4) but have not tried them with the newer batteries you mention.

I also have the Efest LUC4, and it is a great charger, 0.5 or 1A for all 4 slots, then 2 slots for 2A charging. The LUC6 is slower with all 6 bays but if you need the extra bays is good, but you could use what you already have alongside a 4 bay for up to 10 batteries. With the LUC6 you have 12 on charge at once though so is a bonus.

Most advice on here is good, I think you can tell the wheat from the chaff :)

Last edited:

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think that is a good idea, then you can try them yourself and see which you prefer in your type of use.

@So619Cal gave a good list of chargers, I have a few Nitecores myself (I2 and D4) but have not tried them with the newer batteries you mention.

I also have the Efest LUC4, and it is a great charger, 0.5 or 1A for all 4 slots, then 2 slots for 2A charging. The LUC6 is slower with all 6 bays but if you need the extra bays is good, but you could use what you already have alongside a 4 bay for up to 10 batteries. With the LUC6 you have 12 on charge at once though so is a bonus.

Most advice on here is good, I think you can tell the wheat from the chaff :)
what bothers me the most? the bottom of my d2 and d4 do not list the 20700 yet all the vape shops online stuck 20700 in the list as either a hash or by accident. I'm pretty sure the d2 & d4 do not offer the 20700 as accepting due to the chargers are older than that battery. shame online sellers do that! now unless there is a 2017 updated d2 and d4, I'm going to need to buy a new charger. thanks @So619Cal for that post.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just measured my D4 with a Sony VTC5A in the slot and retracted it back... there is 1/8" play which converts to roughly 3.175mm if that is the case then the D4 probably wont allow 207's to fit nor 217's

65+3.175= 68.175 Short of 70 :( with a .02 variance as per Sony Data Sheet

Again I don't have a 207 to test this...just measuring what I have.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just measured my D4 with a Sony VTC5A in the slot and retracted it back... there is 1/8" play which converts to roughly 3.175mm if that is the case then the D4 probably wont allow 207's to fit nor 217's

65+3.175= 68.175 Short of 70 :( with a .02 variance as per Sony Data Sheet

Again I don't have a 207 to test this...just measuring what I have.
I just did the same thing. no way will they fit.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have the D4. My iJoys fit, but the wrap at the positive side rubs slightly against the charger whilst I press the battery down, so I got an additional charger... it's the NEW i4.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the D4. My iJoys fit, but the wrap at the positive side rubs slightly against the charger whilst I press the battery down, so I got an additional charger... it's the NEW i4.
so you can confirm the iJoy 20700 fits in the d4? pic?

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
so you can confirm the iJoy 20700 fits in the d4? pic?

Yes, I confirm it does fit, but it fits tight so I don't recommend this for the long term because it just isn't near practical enough, and you might eventually damage the battery wrap. Going to take a pic now, hang on.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Dang that's tight fit... Must really stress out the negative end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, even though the bracket is pulled completely all the way down, it actually does nicely fit. It's just that the shrink wrap of the battery is rubbing against the contacts of the charger.

centella4u

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
my charger fits up to 26650, so 20700 is no problem at all

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
found 2x 20700 iJoy from 3fvape for $14 shipped. their authentic. is that legit or am I going to get screwed again by 3fvape?

I'v never had a problem with 3Fvape myself, and am sure they will be authentic. What country are you in? I know some of the China sites were having issues a while ago shipping batteries but that may have passed now.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'v never had a problem with 3Fvape myself, and am sure they will be authentic. What country are you in? I know some of the China sites were having issues a while ago shipping batteries but that may have passed now.
commiefornia

VU Sponsors