Become a Patron!

Samsung 25R GREEN 2500mAh 18650 Batteries?

dittodeano

Member For 1 Year
Got two of these batteries after buying two devices just recently from eightvape.com. They were given free when you bought a device (the two devices i bought were the joyetech ego aio eco, and freemax's conqueror 80w, single battery mod)

I just fully charged one battery, barley vaped, am not convinced the battery can even power my freemax device or power seemed not powerfull cause i fell my vape experience with this should have been better, probably 2 and 1/2 hrs of very minimal vaping the battery already needs to be charged? Are they bad batteries? Or am i doing somethong wrong here?
daa7f8744c670106b13162241b2a283c.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I get about 6 hours a day from them.

(You will notice how incomplete that statement really is)

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
well let's see
what wattage were you vaping?
do you have an external charger that reads the voltage or a multimeter
fully charged should be about 4.1 -4.2 volts

dittodeano

Member For 1 Year
well let's see
what wattage were you vaping?
do you have an external charger that reads the voltage or a multimeter
fully charged should be about 4.1 -4.2 volts
the battery also charges quickly from dead to full approx 1 hr and 40 mins to fully charge it.

i was vaping at low wattage at first approx 55. bumped it up. then bumped it again eventually to max 80. all seemed to have the same dull result.

this is my first external mod of any sort. and no i dont have an external charger at all.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
um... 55w isn't "Low" and unless you have internal li-poly, (see, I remember ;-), you really, really should be using an external charger. I'm not even sure that high-end DNA users will vary from this.

There is a steam-engine page that should ballpark your battery-life. Your experience and that page might explain more clearly.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ok
so you really need an external charger. charging via USB can be troublesome and cause issues
I recommend an efest or nitecore or xtar or the hohmtech hohmbase

are both batteries causing an issue?

using any single 18650 at 80 watts is going to drain it fast

Here's my take
Your batteries are either fine or not. Its hard to tell without an external charger The mod may not be charging it fully OR you have a bad or fake battery

Now the next question is what coil are you using? Have you used this tank and coil on another mod and been happy with it?

dittodeano

Member For 1 Year
um... 55w isn't "Low" and unless you have internal li-poly, (see, I remember ;-), you really, really should be using an external charger. I'm not even sure that high-end DNA users will vary from this.

There is a steam-engine page that should ballpark your battery-life. Your experience and that page might explain more clearly.
i honestly was just going by some review i read. seen that 55 was refered to a low wattage. i do appreciate your feedback though. thank you.

dittodeano

Member For 1 Year
ok
so you really need an external charger. charging via USB can be troublesome and cause issues
I recommend an efest or nitecore or xtar or the hohmtech hohmbase

are both batteries causing an issue?

using any single 18650 at 80 watts is going to drain it fast

Here's my take
Your batteries are either fine or not. Its hard to tell without an external charger The mod may not be charging it fully OR you have a bad or fake battery

Now the next question is what coil are you using? Have you used this tank and coil on another mod and been happy with it?
im using freemaxs fireluke mesh tank and coil 0.15ohm. it was already in a soaked tank. primed and ready. havent tried any other tanks as of yet.

i have not attempted to use the second battery. and yes first thing tomorrow i am getting a external charger.

dittodeano

Member For 1 Year
im using freemaxs fireluke mesh tank and coil 0.15ohm. it was already in a soaked tank. primed and ready. havent tried any other tanks as of yet.

i have not attempted to use the second battery. and yes first thing tomorrow i am getting a external charger.

i have used this tank on a x8 stick and for the most part somewhat happy with it. only when coil cooperated though...

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I have a bunch of these 25r's and have had really good luck with them. they don't fit many of my mech mods because they are slightly beefier until they get rewrapped but they have all been solid performers.

Vaping that low in ohms on a single battery mod is going to chug it, not sip.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

ok since you have never used the tank or a mesh coil before you have no idea what the issue is. You just may not like the flavor from the tank and no mod or battery is going to change that.
.15 is a low build and at 55-80 watts drains batteries FAST
.15 needs power 80 watts may not be enough for that coil, just depends on your preferences. I never used that tank so I do not know myself.

All I am saying is, the battery may be totally fine, it may be the tank itself is not for you or the mod doesn't supply enough power for that coil

dittodeano

Member For 1 Year
the mod doesn't supply enough power for that coil

ok thanks matt. im gonna try the 0.25 coil tomorrow. probably wont make much difference though.

i finally found coils that lasted a good amount of time. but i think you might me right maybe they arent a match for this mod...

what is the best coil to use on my mod? any suggestions?

bomatttt

Member For 1 Year
It depends on how much your vaping and the wattage your vaping at. I have had several Samsung batteries and have had no trouble. I’ve had the green and the pink ones. Most of the time the can last 2 or 3 days on a full charge. I’m vaping at 70 watts, probably between 100-200 puffs a day. Maybe they’re not being fully charged?

Sent from my iPhone in Cincinnati, Ohio

Herbyvapes

Member For 1 Year
I use the 25r in my therion bf 75c, 0.25 ohm's in temp control at 440 and 46 watts or 46 watts in replay at work, im kind of a chain vaper so get about 2 and half or 3 hours and I'm down to around 60% or so with the drop solo, single battery drains fairly quickly, so at higher wattage and lower ohm's it will drain even faster, so i don't think it's a battery issue, I've used mesh coils in the past (not the perticular one you have) and in my experience especially with a single battery seem to eat them up a little quicker, definitely recommend an external charger(I may have an older extra one if you can't get one) but I've always had good fair performance from these batteries, in a dual battery mod I prefer the LG hg2's though.

VU Sponsors