Become a Patron!

Safety

roancool

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So here i am again with an other question, how can a use a mech mod safe, you can tell me everything about safety even the smallest things
I just want to be safe so What do i NEED to do
I use pre made 0,25 Ohm alien V2 coils in parallel the Ohm is 0,18 Ohm
I use a Sony VTC5A battery(1)
My mech mod is aan VGOD ELITE mech mod
And the RDA is the peerles limited edition RDA
All tips are welcom

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
1. Have an ohm meter. Absolute necessity. And learn how to use it.

2. Have good batteries. Only LG, Samsung, or Sony from reputable vendors.

3. Know the continuous amp rating of your batteries.

4. Know ohms law and use it to find a coil resistance that is safe to vape. I personally choose to leave a 20% head-room. Like only drawing 16A from a 20A battery.

And scads of other info that others will provide.

I do not understand your ".25 ohm coils in parallel the ohm is .18 ohm". What do you mean by this? If each coil is .25, then running dual coils should be .125 ohms.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Additional info.
Keep battery wraps in good condition.

Understand how your mech mod works. Ie switch.

And again understand ohms law. Ie how much current a certain resistance coil will draw from the battery.

And again. Always check your build with an ohm meter before trying on mech mod.

roancool

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
1. Have an ohm meter. Absolute necessity. And learn how to use it.

2. Have good batteries. Only LG, Samsung, or Sony from reputable vendors.

3. Know the continuous amp rating of your batteries.

4. Know ohms law and use it to find a coil resistance that is safe to vape. I personally choose to leave a 20% head-room. Like only drawing 16A from a 20A battery.

And scads of other info that others will provide.

I do not understand your ".25 ohm coils in parallel the ohm is .18 ohm". What do you mean by this? If each coil is .25, then running dual coils should be .125 ohms.

So look at the files That's What i use for my coils they are premade and my local shop says they Will Work wel on a Sony vtc5A battery but i want to know iT from experts so i want to know everything about saferty
The Sony VTC5A gives an ampère of 25A
Sp 4,2/25 = 0,168ohm

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_8449.PNG
    IMG_8449.PNG
    520.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_8450.PNG
    IMG_8450.PNG
    616.1 KB · Views: 21

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Also, never had a VGod, but I believe the elite is a hybrid connection ( atty pin makes direct contact with battery) make sure the positive pin on your atomizer protrudes past the outside threading before you put in on a hybrid connection mod. If the 510 pen on the atomizer is flush with the outside threads screwing it onto a hybrid mod will create a hard short. The peerless should be fine from the pics I've seen, just check every atomizer before using. Also there are some great hybrid mod safety videos on YouTube.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's my lecture for new Mech users

1.Ohm's law, http://www.steam-engine.org/ makes it easy and there's even an app on it for Android

2.Batteries, fucking batteries, take good care of your batteries and know them!!!!!!!

a.Avoid shit batteries like eFest who rewrap rejects with grossly inflated amp ratings. Stick with authentic LG, Sony or Samsung from reputable (not eBay or Amazon) sources, great places that I get authentics from are -

http://liionwholesale.com/

https://www.imrbatteries.com/

b.Stick well within Continuous Discharge Rate (CDR) Not the "pulse"

c.Keep up to date with what Mooch tests and battery ratings, follow his posts on Facebook and his Blog and only use his recommend batteries.

d.In Mod's with multiple batteries, marry them.

e.Get some battery wraps, they're cheap and easy to re-wrap batteries. Any nicks,tears or what ever don't be stupid and just re-wrap.

3.Don't build stupid low a good builder can chuck and get awesome dense vape from a good build. It's simple, with 20 CDR Amp batteries -

a.Single battery mod's you're fine with .2 ohms on up

b.Dual Parallel you're fine with .15 on up. Parallel you take the full CDR of one battery then add 1/2 the CDR of the next battery

c.Series you double the voltage but you share the amps . So a series you build high with a lot of wire mass no lower that .4 ohms.

4.Make sure you don't have any shorts. For an extra caution any new build I will vape on a regulated mod for a few drips or with a tank about a 1/4 tank. This is to insure nothing wonky with my build like shorts.

5.Careful if it's not in your hand, if it doesn't have a lock on the button and you put it in your pocket (which I really don't recommend) insure nothing else is in your pocket and it's loose. Don't want to put it in your front pocket and blow your dick off ya know ;)

6.Last but certainly NOT the least, keep it clean! Clean it when you first get it "before" you even use it and clean it on a regular basis.

a.Ultrasonics are a very good investment, got mine off Amazon for around $25.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
The most important thing to remember is you can NEVER be 100% safe using a mech mod.

All it takes is one dumb mistake and you are dumping a scolding hot battery out of your mod and throwing it in your backyard.

Believe me when I tell you that it can and has happened to the most experienced of vapers

That said there are some very good tips above in this thread that can make your mech vaping experience as safe as humanly possible.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wrap conditions are more important than ohm's law. The shrink wrap, and the insulator ring around the positive contact of the battery are what prevent the battery from getting short circuited so keep them in perfect condition... re-wrap the battery yourself immediately when necessary.

Thermal runaway. Learn what causes it, and learn the difference between it and battery venting. A hard short will almost certainly cause immediate thermal runaway, which will be downright catastrophic, whereas simply overheating the battery slowly due to neglecting Ohm's law almost never does cause an immediate form of thermal runaway... i.e. normally it happens only if the battery keeps overheating fast enough after the battery starts to vent─unless you short circuit the battery (with a direct hard short). Also understand that, although battery venting is still extremely dangerous too, a battery explosion with shrapnel flying 10 ft. in every direction represents a greater risk. Thusly, contrary to popular belief, Ohm's law is NOT your primary concern, and, even if you do exceed the CDR of the battery because you're using a very low ohms build, then as long as you know what you're doing there will be no reason to panic. People always being paranoid about Ohm's law just because you're new to mechs is very typifying. Do yourself a big favor and just read up on Mooch's MVA ratings instead. Once you understand what those are and what they're there for, that's when you'll see the fact these people aren't trying to be truly helpful when they give you comments like "stay well within the CDR". Much more helpful would be "stay well within the CDR if you're such an idiot that you'll use that rating as a starting point to see how far you can take it without actually knowing what you're doing". Are you such an idiot? :p

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I use pre made 0,25 Ohm alien V2 coils in parallel the Ohm is 0,18 Ohm

LOL, Everyone, including myself missed the fact that you are getting 0.18 ohms off of a set of 0.25 ohm coils which isn't even close to right.

You should be getting 0.125 ohms which would show as 0.13 ohms with a pair of 0.25 ohm coils.

So that means one of two things:
1) The resistance of the coils is off.
I would have said the length of the legs could have something to do with it if they were off by a couple 0.01's but 0.18 would make each coil 0.36 ohms.
2) Your mod could be reading the wrong resistance

If they are that far off in a safer direction then you may get a pair of coils coming in at the opposite direction at like 0.09 ohms.

In fact, until you have an decent ohm meter you should just count on it.

Last edited:

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Carambrda
I happen to be a part time idiot. When I have mis-haps, as idiots do, the results are much more favorable when I take extra safety precautions.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@Carambrda
I happen to be a part time idiot. When I have mis-haps, as idiots do, the results are much more favorable when I take extra safety precautions.
Just a simple suggestion. Get two separate RDAs... one with a .1 ohms build that you can use while doing great, one with a .15 ohms build for when you're about to have your next idiocy attack.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The most important thing to remember is you can NEVER be 100% safe using a mech mod.

All it takes is one dumb mistake and you are dumping a scolding hot battery out of your mod and throwing it in your backyard.

Believe me when I tell you that it can and has happened to the most experienced of vapers

That said there are some very good tips above in this thread that can make your mech vaping experience as safe as humanly possible.
Personally I feel much safer on a Mech, why? It's simple really, I'm responsible for my own safety. Not some chip made in a sweatshop

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Personally I feel much safer on a Mech, why? It's simple really, I'm responsible for my own safety. Not some chip made in a sweatshop
It's not so much the chip that scares me, but rather, it's the people who seem to think their misguided/insufficient knowledge about battery safety is adequate because the chip will offer them FULL protection against anything and everything that could potentially still go wrong. So whilst I vape my mech I fear getting my face blow off by a regulated mod of a person standing next to me.

VU Sponsors