Become a Patron!

Safe & best resistance to build to test batteries

centella4u

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi, usually I'm into regulated devices so, for 5+ years of vaping, I'm just a newbie with mech mods.
Now, as the current trend is going towards mech mod and more and more incomers are diving straight head-long into it, I want to do a review on which battery is best, I have about a dozen or so fully charged to use.
My question is at what resistance I should build my coil?
I'll be using one atomizer and one mod and keep changing the battery (18650) to show which one fires best.
Hope you guys understand what I'm getting at here, lol.
I already made a clip on my youtube channel (Ace Vaper) regarding explosion ecigs and how to avoid it and another one on battery safety. This will be an important add-on.
Thank you and vape on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sorry, but no... I don't understand what you're getting at. I use VTC5A batteries in all of my 18650 mech mods. The HB6 adds more amps so it will be safer or will let me use lower resistance coil builds, but it hits less hard, and it is only 1500 mAh so it just isn't practical enough for me, whereas the VTC6 is just sacrificing more safety / sacrificing low resistance builds for that extra little bit of mAh that I don't need to care about because, well... I use iJoy 20700 batteries for that.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Use the same exact build atty and mod for all testing use the build that is the most stable for the mod and atty you choose. Note performance may vary by mod atty and coil.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Look at Mooch's charts on the pulse battery tests. Pay attention to how low the battery voltage drops during the pulse load.
The batteries that drop the least amount will be the best ones for mechs. Providing you stay within the amp limits of the batteries.
Science is good.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think you have a good opportunity to teach how to extrapolate the great info Mooch provides in his testing... To me, that is more important than telling someone which battery hits the hardest or lasts the longest.

But very few people care to be taught about how to arrive at the conclusion...and only look for the answer.

centella4u

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay, so .... is it ok if I build a ~0.3 ohm? I'll be using only one mech, probably the scndrl 1st edition or the Nemesis, don't know which atty yet. The only thing I'll be swapping out is the battery.
I have sony vtc4, 5, 5A & 6
Samsung 20R, 25R & 30Q
several LGs
AWTs
efest
and Brillipower, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have been vapeing for about 5 years I started on a fuhatin with a Kennedy with 7 wrap kanthal then moved up to a nemesis tube then I got my mustang modz mustang v2 iv never seen another one I have a mephisto with a .09ohm dual parallel build and I vape everyday on it never had a problem so idk where all these people get don't start in mechs and saying they are dangerous is bullshit it's like the saying there's a short between the seat and handlebars on a bike...

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have been vapeing for about 5 years I started on a fuhatin with a Kennedy with 7 wrap kanthal then moved up to a nemesis tube then I got my mustang modz mustang v2 iv never seen another one I have a mephisto with a .09ohm dual parallel build and I vape everyday on it never had a problem so idk where all these people get don't start in mechs and saying they are dangerous is bullshit it's like the saying there's a short between the seat and handlebars on a bike...
Mechs certainly can be dangerous, but then... crossing the street also can be dangerous, so... Me, I'm afraid of people who tell other people not to start in mechs. It's because starting in mechs forces you to learn about battery safety. Not knowing that battery safety is still important regardless of NOT using a mech is how most accidents happen. So when I see a person uses a regulated mod I tend to just back away a couple of steps. Not going to let some dumbass regulated user spray boiling battery fluid on my hand when I'm holding a $1k mech setup. So part of the reason why I decided to move to 4 batteries in series on my mech is because now I can use it to threaten the noobs telling them that I'm going to use it to bash in their skull if they don't back away soon.

VU Sponsors