Become a Patron!

Saddest thing I ever heard (F the FDA)

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
this is probably the saddest thing I've personally heard since I started vaping. There's an acquaintance around where I work. I wouldn't say we're friends, but we say, "hi" and such. He had a heart attack last fall and has been trying to quit smoking. He's asked me about vaping a few times, Well, today he told me he stopped in a vape shop and was going to pick up something. He was talking to the clerk about the regulations he heard about and the clerk told him about the two year deadline. He didn't buy anything, walked out empty handed. And this is what he said to me: "Why bother if they're just going to ban in in a coupla years?"

See FDA. You are DIRECTLY responsible for preventing harm reduction.

Personally, I'd love to see an attorney put together a class action suit for current smokers and vapers alike suing not just the FDA, but personally every individual responsible for putting together the deeming regs, spitting out or appearing in videos, writing press releases, etc.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
its not only the fda that needs to get fucked, but almost every agency that regulates what americans can and cannot consume. ive run a meat shop for quite a few years and youd be surprised what is deemed safe for human consumption by usda. all these branches that govern us are run by money, its pretty fuckin obvious i dont understand why its being allowed for so long.
even russia has banned gmos and a bunch of farming tactics that the american system lets run wild because the few in charge line the pockets of the shot callers... its a fuckin joke.
its not only vapers that should be angry, but americans in general. there are a lot of private sector good doing coops being shut down around the country to make more room in the market for national beef, cargil, perdue, sanderson farms, tyson, oscar myer etc. and a lot of these groups are releasing garbage into out family's homes and into the enviroment.
lets not even talk about big pharma thats a whole other shit storm altogether. meanwhile the media puts a blindfold over everyone....
this country does not give a shit about its citizens, plain and simple.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
this is probably the saddest thing I've personally heard since I started vaping. There's an acquaintance around where I work. I wouldn't say we're friends, but we say, "hi" and such. He had a heart attack last fall and has been trying to quit smoking. He's asked me about vaping a few times, Well, today he told me he stopped in a vape shop and was going to pick up something. He was talking to the clerk about the regulations he heard about and the clerk told him about the two year deadline. He didn't buy anything, walked out empty handed. And this is what he said to me: "Why bother if they're just going to ban in in a coupla years?"

See FDA. You are DIRECTLY responsible for preventing harm reduction.

Personally, I'd love to see an attorney put together a class action suit for current smokers and vapers alike suing not just the FDA, but personally every individual responsible for putting together the deeming regs, spitting out or appearing in videos, writing press releases, etc.
Man you should have told him they banned herbal treats decdes ago and people kept on doing it, until it was finally legalized.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Man you should have told him they banned herbal treats decdes ago and people kept on doing it, until it was finally legalized.
I actually did explain to him that it's definitely NOT a lost cause. There's too much new science rolling out now that we have enough years behind our backs. I also told him about places like FastTech and GearBest and offered to help him find the right device(s) and liquids. Maybe he's using the FDA as an excuse, maybe it's not his time, who knows. I do know that it's VERY easy not to quit if you have even a minute excuse. For me it was no family history of any complications whatsoever across 3 previous generations of smokers and no symptoms of 30+ years of smoking in myself. Sometimes a heart attack is a wake up call (my wife had one) and sometimes it's not. And sometimes people give up in the face of adversity. For this gentleman, only time will tell.

I also know someone else who's been happy with eGos for 3 years who went back to smoking after 8/8 because, "I'm going to have to go back to smoking anyway."

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I actually did explain to him that it's definitely NOT a lost cause. There's too much new science rolling out now that we have enough years behind our backs. I also told him about places like FastTech and GearBest and offered to help him find the right device(s) and liquids. Maybe he's using the FDA as an excuse, maybe it's not his time, who knows. I do know that it's VERY easy not to quit if you have even a minute excuse. For me it was no family history of any complications whatsoever across 3 previous generations of smokers and no symptoms of 30+ years of smoking in myself. Sometimes a heart attack is a wake up call (my wife had one) and sometimes it's not. And sometimes people give up in the face of adversity. For this gentleman, only time will tell.

I also know someone else who's been happy with eGos for 3 years who went back to smoking after 8/8 because, "I'm going to have to go back to smoking anyway."

Rationalization is the favorite sport of EVERY addict. There's always an excuse, though never a good reason. At AA, people are often told, ok, go on and drink some more, we'll still be here if here if you decide to come back. The worst thing about this situation we're in is that I'm not sure we can say for sure that vaping will still be here, when he decides to actually try it. I guess it will be, in some form, but I think we all know how effective cigalikes are, for smoking cessation; not very. Maybe a LITTLE better than other NRT, but not a whole lot. Those of us who actually did quit via cigalikes are extremely few and far between.

Andria

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You're not kidding. My father did, I did, and eventually my wife did. Well, she still smoked like one or two cigs per day until I got her to try eGos, then Vamos, SiDs and SVDs, and now she absolutely loves her Nuggets and eVic AIO. Now if I could just get her to move on from tobacco flavors I'll sleep much better at night. :D

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You're not kidding. My father did, I did, and eventually my wife did. Well, she still smoked like one or two cigs per day until I got her to try eGos, then Vamos, SiDs and SVDs, and now she absolutely loves her Nuggets and eVic AIO. Now if I could just get her to move on from tobacco flavors I'll sleep much better at night. :D

That took me a few months; at first, I found it extremely odd, the idea of "smoking food." :D But I kept hearing about all these amazing flavors, and it made me curious, so I tried some sweet flavors at my local shop, and got hooked on Blueberry Muffin. :D Was only 2-3 wks later I decided I couldn't tolerate the taste of tobacco anymore. :D

Andria

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
In a pinch, I can tolerate a tobacco vape, and I still enjoy the aroma of tobacco, but I admit, it would be my very last go to now. In fact, it would have to be the absolute last bottle of juice I have. Which isn't something I have to worry about just yet... or for the next year. :D

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
How about shop owners that turn people interested in vaping off the idea by bitching a bout the regs?

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I din't get the impression that the shop did this, more that they provided the information, but I'll certainly ask.

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
This is a great time for people to start vaping in the US...tons of great products out and you don't have to worry about something better coming out next week(silver linings), they'll be two years smoke-free by the time anything bad starts happening

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
This is a great time for people to start vaping in the US...tons of great products out and you don't have to worry about something better coming out next week(silver linings), they'll be two years smoke-free by the time anything bad starts happening
Really good point. I didn't get to see the gentleman today thanks to the mother of all kidney stones keeping me off my feet, but it's definitely something I will mention to him.

VU Sponsors