Become a Patron!

Rx200s firmware update not working?

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Not sure if a fix for this. I tried downloading the 4.10 update for the Rx200s and it came up file corrupted. So I actually went bought new laptop just because I really needed one anyways and I got same thing file corrupted. Both laptops were windows based.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Try downloading again. I haven't had any problems updating my RX200S.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Idk then I did it probably no bs 10 times. Says file corrupted

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I updated my RX200S and I just rolled it back to the 4.0 Version as I noticed I was not getting the battery life I was getting and saw another member mentioned it. Since the file is in a Zip test the file before extracting.

MR. MAYHEM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I updated my RX200S and I just rolled it back to the 4.0 Version as I noticed I was not getting the battery life I was getting and saw another member mentioned it. Since the file is in a Zip test the file before extracting.
So u suggest not updating. I always liked the battery life on the original and the 200s.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No, I am not suggesting that you not update the device just stating that I rolled it back because I noticed less battery life and one member posted the same thing. Aside from being able to crank it up to 250 Watts and some supposed TC improvements I did the update for an extended display timer. Since I rolled it back it still performs the same for me but I vape in Wattage mode mostly.

meloserj

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
There is no issue for battery life on new firmware. The only bug i faced was on battery percentage which even I use new and fully charged batteries, the mod shows 97% of charge. But I can say now batteries are lasting much more on LG batteries.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I guess you mean you had No Issue with battery life as I noticed a definite decrease in battery life over many days with different married sets of batteries. After rolling it back the battery life is back to what it was. No issues with having it say 100% on power on with fully charged rested batteries.

meloserj

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
No bro, my battery life increased. I am using the mod in wattage mode just and i can see improvement in my daily usage of mod. I can say now its much more better than my DNA200 wismec. Even I uploaded my csv of batteries, DNA consumes batteries earlier than normal rx.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What version of the firmware are you running? I did the 4.10 because of extended display time and saw a definite decrease. When i first saw the post I didn't think anything of it until I noticed the batteries were not lasting as long using wattage.

meloserj

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The same 4.10. Device came with version 4.00 and I used it for around 2 weeks until 4.10 was available. I upgraded and find out longer battery life.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
How long have you been running the update? I was running the 4.10 for a few weeks until I noticed less battery life. Rolled it back and no issues with the 4.0 version before so do not expect any.

VU Sponsors