Become a Patron!

RX200-RX200S update, preheat added!!!!!!!!!

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's awesome.

Love preheat, really wish evolv would add it to power mode in the DNA, no reason not too.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ive been using it for an hour now and so far I'm impressed. I had no idea it was available for the evic vtc. I left mine in Vermont and now with the update available, I can't wait to get it back.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What they don't state is the length of time for this pre-heat.

--EDIT--
I stand corrected and posted before completing my settings change.
The next setting after the pre-heat is time.
That time is the duration of the pre-heat setting you chose.

Last edited:

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
ive been using it for an hour now and so far I'm impressed. I had no idea it was available for the evic vtc. I left mine in Vermont and now with the update available, I can't wait to get it back.
Yep, 5.04 is it for the VTC Mini, and it works great!

subvapor

Member For 4 Years
I updated my rx 200 a little while ago and am new to preheat what is it for exactly I read what it said on the website but all it said is that the update added it

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Love the RX series ! Did my RX200S and RX200 2/3. Something I did notice when they were standing next to each other. The RX200 2/3 is bigger than the RX200S. No big deal just happened to notice. Tried the pre heat function a bit 30 watts for .5 seconds. The vape setting is 70 watts. Seemed to help a bit. Have to play with it some more.

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What's the point of the preheat? I'm not familiar with it. I have both the 200S and 2/3 and updated both, but then rolled them both back as I've heard that the updates drain the batteries more and I'm all about battery life and never vape over 150 watts.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kind of like TC that gives you a consistent vape from start to finish. Pre heat used on wattage mode kind of does the same thing. When your tank is cold in wattage mode it's delivering the same voltage so the first few vapes until it heats up is kind of weak. With pre heat it gives it a chance to warm the coil and the juice before it fires giving a better first hit. Think I explained that right lol

Banshee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Kind of like TC that gives you a consistent vape from start to finish. Pre heat used on wattage mode kind of does the same thing. When your tank is cold in wattage mode it's delivering the same voltage so the first few vapes until it heats up is kind of weak. With pre heat it gives it a chance to warm the coil and the juice before it fires giving a better first hit. Think I explained that right lol
Cool thanks for the explanation. I'll have to update them again and give it a try!

Cosmic_Glaze

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i get why it good for wattage mode to pre heat the coils. Great feature for Claptons, But in temp control are you not already pre heating the coils by cranking the wattage? Or is it used to heat the coils fast in temp mode then deliver a cooler vape if you want by setting the watts lower to a (3.7-4.2 volt setting)for after the punch. I'm just trying to figure out temp control again. I gave up in the past on SS316L due to the fact many mods were so inaccurate, including this one. Seams to be working well now. Just trying to figure out the pre heat and timing for temp control..

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
i get why it good for wattage mode to pre heat the coils. Great feature for Claptons, But in temp control are you not already pre heating the coils by cranking the wattage? Or is it used to heat the coils fast in temp mode then deliver a cooler vape if you want by setting the watts lower to a (3.7-4.2 volt setting)for after the punch. I'm just trying to figure out temp control again. I gave up in the past on SS316L due to the fact many mods were so inaccurate, including this one. Seams to be working well now. Just trying to figure out the pre heat and timing for temp control..

Pretty much the reason you just described. Get the meal up to the set temp quickly so it's an even vape throughout. Not a big deal on a simple builds, but when getting into Claptons of higher mass coils, the preheat punch works nicely in TC more for that.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Someone help me out here. I'm not sure you need pre heat in temp control since the mod is already sensing resistance and changing the voltage to compensate. So would there be any benefit there?

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Someone help me out here. I'm not sure you need pre heat in temp control since the mod is already sensing resistance and changing the voltage to compensate. So would there be any benefit there?

In temp control mode, you still need to get the coil up to the set temperature. Preheat gets it there faster, and TC maintains that temp (keeps the higher resistance constant). This matters more with high mass coils like say large dual Claptons. Without preheat in TC mode, the first few seconds of the vape will be cool as the coil ramps up. Preheat just shortens that ramps up to the temp you want, and why it's usually of short duration (1 second) and higher power than the max wattage for maintaining the temp once reached. For a simple coil that reaches temp quickly, preheat offers little benefit.

CoolBeans32

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Love the RX series ! Did my RX200S and RX200 2/3. Something I did notice when they were standing next to each other. The RX200 2/3 is bigger than the RX200S. No big deal just happened to notice. Tried the pre heat function a bit 30 watts for .5 seconds. The vape setting is 70 watts. Seemed to help a bit. Have to play with it some more.

Wait.. so i am not speaking from experience since i have never used preheat function on any mods, but i thought in the preheat settings, you are suppose to set pre heat to fire "HOTTER" than your normal vape setting, since it is firing from cold?

Isnt the purpose of pre heat is to eliminate the process of blowing into the mod a few seconds while firing and then sucking when coils are at the desired temperature like how all these vape reviewers do on youtube?

CoolBeans32

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So i just downloaded the new firmware and updated my rx200, (in wattage mode) i set pre heat 120watts for 0.3 seconds, normal vape setting im around 80-90 watts, made a big difference for me, so much better. I use to run straight up 100-105 watts, but battery drain is a bitch, and sometimes its just too hot for me and kills the flavor while im sitting at the office or at home chain vaping, when i dropped it down to 80-90, it made flavor improve a little but sometimes I miss the hotter and more throat hit, and takes an extra hit or 2 to get it back to the temp im more use to. So the new preheat function on this is giving me the best of both worlds, i was actually about to go to the local vape store today to pick up a fuchai 213, looks like i can save a little money today feels like a new mod!

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wait.. so i am not speaking from experience since i have never used preheat function on any mods, but i thought in the preheat settings, you are suppose to set pre heat to fire "HOTTER" than your normal vape setting, since it is firing from cold?

Isnt the purpose of pre heat is to eliminate the process of blowing into the mod a few seconds while firing and then sucking when coils are at the desired temperature like how all these vape reviewers do on youtube?
It's whatever works for you. I see in the next post you found your sweet spot. Glad you got it figured out. The RX200 is nice and the RX200S and RX200 2/3 are even nicer. One of my favorites ! Smok Alien kit is pretty nice also.

HDMontana

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Question. Where do you adjust how long the preheat lasts? I found where to set the pre heat but not where to set it for the time limit. Thanks.

HD

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
in the pre heat menu the top line is the power/wattage you want for the pre heat and the second line is the time. .1 seconds to 2.0 seconds

Lotus Insane

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I am loving the preheat function as well. Finally got the sucker pinned down on a good number for my chain vaping. Also love the logo addition, already spent an hour in mspaint to get it done.

logopic.jpg

jb58

Member For 4 Years
I did the update and been playing with the preheat. If you go from tc to wattage I found you better turn the timer to 0 or it hits at the preheat temp in wattage

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just installed the new update, have no idea how to use it because I've never used TC on this mod, does this affect VW mode at all?

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think VW benefits the most from this. TC senses when the resistance changes or the wires cold, and changes the voltage to compensate. In VW mode your running the same voltage whether it's cold or hot. So when it's cold the draws or hits are weaker. By adding some pre heat it seems to be more consistent in VW mode.

H4X0R46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think VW benefits the most from this. TC senses when the resistance changes or the wires cold, and changes the voltage to compensate. In VW mode your running the same voltage whether it's cold or hot. So when it's cold the draws or hits are weaker. By adding some pre heat it seems to be more consistent in VW mode.
I'll have to look into how this actually works! Thanks!

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's an example. I usually vape my TFV8 at 70 watts. So I set the pre heat function to pre heat 30 watts for .5 or half a second. You have to try different combinations until you find what helps you the best. I know when my tank sits in the AC it's colder and the first few vapes are weak until it warms up. Good luck !

Lotus Insane

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Here is another setup, I have some basic dual parallel coils at .4 Ohms, my normal VW is set at 60watts, but my preheat is set 73.5 watts for 1 sec. To me this hits even all the way through the draw, from beginning to end, instead of having to heat up at just the 60 watts. Honestly I am so happy they updated to add this. Gives me more control over my vape while chilling in the VW mode.

Zander

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got it! They don't tell you this but the RX200S has to be on to get to the "Logo on or off" and the" PreHeat" Options! DUH! Unlike the RX200 it has to be off.... Grrrrr!

VU Sponsors