RX200 Battery Errors

Discussion in 'Regulated (Voltage / Wattage / 3.7v/ Temp Control)' started by michalis95, Jan 8, 2016.

1. michalis95

michalis95 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Hello all! How are you??

About 2 weeks ago my RX200 started acting weird displaying the "imbalanced" error while charging, so I went out and bought 3 new LG HG2 batteries and the Nitecore i4 charger. I charged the original 3 batteries and the new LG ones, and I tried using the LG ones in the mod. However even when fully charged straight out of the charger the mod displays wrong voltages and shows that the battery is about half. I tried to vape for a bit and in a matter of minutes the batteries were empty, so I charged them up again and tried them still having the same problem, voltage showing up wrongly and battery not showing as fully charged.

TL;DR Voltage readings are wrong on mod, new batteries new charger :D

P.S. I have emailed Wismec twice and asked for assistance through facebook but they completely ignored me :( Mod is about month old

2. lordmage

lordmage Joined The Crusade - it's PG/VG, not VG/PG!!! Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    take batteries out there is a small plug with a screw behind it which might have came loose tighten and replace everything RX200W-battery-e1450726817443.jpg

the yellow colored item is the plug. could help your issue. the other things to check will have to wait till you hear back from wismec. or the place you purchased if under the normal doa/ return warranty

michalis95 likes this.
  3. michalis95

michalis95 New Member

Blog Posts:
    thanks for fast reply man!! have tried it now but there is no change, 3 married batteries showin as 3.79 4.57 and 4.21 volts just out of charger :/

4. lordmage

lordmage Joined The Crusade - it's PG/VG, not VG/PG!!! Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    the 4.57 is way off spec for a 4.2 18650. either there is an issue with the wiring in the mod or that battery could be faulty. i would also smell the mod for a possible ozone burnt wiring smell it could have shorted and need replaced. best to remove the batteries and wait 30 minutes before smelling it.

5. michalis95

michalis95 New Member

Blog Posts:
    yea but the problem is all batteries are 4.2 volts on charger and a multimeter, and anyway i have 2 sets of 3 batteries which give me errors so i guess it is not the batteries but the mod. will wait to see if any distinct smell shows up and i am probably going to return it tomorrow

6. lordmage

Blog Posts:
    if you can that might be the best recourse. exchange for another or go to a different vendor.

7. michalis95

michalis95 New Member

Blog Posts:
    ill keep this thread updated s in case someone has the same problem as me. thanks for your time man apriciate it +1

8. michalis95

michalis95 New Member

Blog Posts:
    So i took it back and got it replaced, though its a white one now sucks i cant get a black. Wismec support is real hell wont be buying anymore of their products

9. freemind

freemind Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Everyone has been singing the praises of this mod.

I've been waiting to hear about what goes wrong with it.

Queen Celly likes this.
  10. wally

wally Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    One of the vape stores here said they have been getting a lot of returns for different reasons/.

freemind likes this.
  11. michalis95

michalis95 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Both stores i went to said that i was the only one whose chip was defective! It is actually quite good for such a cheap mod but wismec service was REALLY discouraging! And to think the product is advertised as having usb charging when it cant balance charge pff.

12. Mgcrump1

Mgcrump1 New Member

Blog Posts:
    I am having the same issue. I bought mine online so I don't think I can exchange it. I got batteries off of amazon so I'm not sure if that is the problem. It is really bugging me out and I'm not 100% sure what to do.

13. skt239

skt239 VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Who did you buy it from ?

14. Mgcrump1

Mgcrump1 New Member

Blog Posts:
    I bought from a website through vape deals. I can't remember and can't seem to find the receipt or email. But I got new batteries today and it seems to have fixed the issue.

15. Rabbit Slayer

Rabbit Slayer Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Buy an external charger and only charge with the on-board charger in case of emergency and I wouldn't fully charge the batteries inside the mod

16. Queen Celly

Queen Celly New Member

Blog Posts:

So. Many. Things.

freemind likes this.
  17. Angrygod50

Angrygod50 Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Have you tried re-flashing the firmware

EDIT: oops didn't see how old this post was so I'm no help now

Queen Celly and Breazy_Com like this.
  18. Dutch0hms

Dutch0hms Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Experimenting the same issue's maybe its because i loaded my battery's trough the usb since i got it.
    Not experimenting anny orther issue's than the "imbalanced" message when i plug it in to load.

19. Queen Celly

Queen Celly New Member

Blog Posts:

Do not charge your battery's through a usb. Get an external charger, (I use Nitecore) and remove your batteries from your mod and charge them separately. It is unsafe to charge them via usb.

20. Dutch0hms

Dutch0hms Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Lol you don't have to tell me it isn't save, i know its not good to charge it trough the usb but im doing it for over a year and didnt have anny problems orther than the imbalanced message... but i dont really mind, dont gonna spend 30-40$ on a charger + 3x new battery's if its working fine as it is.. Why fix something that aint broken xD