Become a Patron!

RX Gen3

zafirovp

Member For 2 Years
Few days ago I got my Gen3. It is just awesome. There is a slight gap between the tank and the mod but it is on purpose in order to protect the paint. The tank sits flush with the inner ring around the 510 wich is just a hair taller than the rest of the base. I tried it with the longest 510 pins I got - TFV8 and Velocity clone. Everything fits.

The battery door is over kill. It has 4 latches and the fit is perfect. Very spight gap. All the contacts are gold plated. No rattle whatsoever.

Many people think that there are heat issues with this mod. This is simply not true with my device. When I vape with TFV12 triple coil rba - yes, but the heat comes from the tank. With any other deck it gets slightly hot even at 250 watts, the same temperature as my other mods.
4f95eb040a2d51caf86c1e49a015d6a5.jpg
ce319b197674da131bfaaa7fa4289ff4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Few days ago I got my Gen3. It is just awesome. There is a slight gap between the tank and the mod but it is on purpose in order to protect the paint. The tank sits flush with the inner ring around the 510 wich is just a hair taller than the rest of the base. I tried it with the longest 510 pins I got - TFV8 and Velocity clone. Everything fits.

The battery door is over kill. It has 4 latches and the fit is perfect. Very spight gap. All the contacts are gold plated. No rattle whatsoever.

Many people think that there are heat issues with this mod. This is simply not true with my device. When I vape with TFV12 triple coil rba - yes, but the heat comes from the tank. With any other deck it gets slightly hot even at 250 watts, the same temperature as my other mods.
4f95eb040a2d51caf86c1e49a015d6a5.jpg
ce319b197674da131bfaaa7fa4289ff4.jpg

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I ordered a Gen 3 the other day and am really looking forward to getting it. I don't care what the naysayers say about Wismec -- a good product is all that matters to me, and all I hear on YouTube videos is that the Gen 3 is a solid device.

zafirovp

Member For 2 Years
Most of the youtubers dont get that this gap is on purpose. The inner ring makes contact with any tank. As you can see there are some scuff marks already, but the finish on the outer ring is perfect.
15964d518219dd0ed031d3ccf577edb7.jpg

iVape524

Member For 4 Years
I have a gen three I got last week as well. I got the brown color and I’m very impressed. It’s a great size and I have also not experienced any heat issues. Running a crown 3 at the moment at 95 watts and easily getting through two days with 3 batteries. It is my first 3 battery mod

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have a gen three I got last week as well. I got the brown color and I’m very impressed. It’s a great size and I have also not experienced any heat issues. Running a crown 3 at the moment at 95 watts and easily getting through two days with 3 batteries. It is my first 3 battery mod
Thanks for sharing! I can't wait until mine arrives on Tuesday.

zafirovp

Member For 2 Years
What batteries do you use. I use VTC6 (3000mah) and they last day and a half?

zafirovp

Member For 2 Years
The only downside for me are the vent holes on the sides. My tank and mod are black and red, but the green strip from the batteries is ugly.

jfdibutton

Member For 4 Years
The only downside for me are the vent holes on the sides. My tank and mod are black and red, but the green strip from the batteries is ugly.

You could order red or black wraps for your batteries. They're really cheap from fasttech if you're wilong to wait. Rewrapping is really easy.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was wondering about this mod, but I've been buying a new mod every pay day & seeing as my main setup is a pico an nautilus mini I will probably just get a back up for that :)
Glad you like your new mod though!

zafirovp

Member For 2 Years
Try to press the screen on the edges (on Gen3). Do you get very slight movement of the plastic around the screen?

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I got my Gen 3 in the mail today! I'll be doing my review of it soon. I love how it looks and feels in my hand -- perfect ergonomics! Here she is!!

IMG_0851.JPG

IMG_0852.JPG

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Since I'm doing a review of the kit, I'm starting vaping with the Gnome on my Gen 3 and then after I'm done with that I'll try other attys out (like my TFV12).

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Look at the size difference (for those who don't have the Gen 3) in comparison to the RX2/3:

IMG_0858.JPG

Unbelievable how they fit 3 batteries in there!

zafirovp

Member For 2 Years
Exactly on the left side of the screen I get little play. This is the only "issue" so far.

Are there any cases still? I like the finish but prefer silicone case.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Exactly on the left side of the screen I get little play. This is the only "issue" so far.

Are there any cases still? I like the finish but prefer silicone case.

What do you mean by "little play"?

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So far I'm loving my Gen 3 and Gnome! I usually don't care for wattages below 80 watts but I'm absolutely loving it at 70 watts with the dual-coil head. I'm already happy I purchased this kit. :stars:

iVape524

Member For 4 Years
What do you mean by "little play"?

You can feel a slight flex on only the left side of the screen. It doesn’t click or feel like it’s coming out but whatever tinted plastic they used for the screen has a slight flex on the left side

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You can feel a slight flex on only the left side of the screen. It doesn’t click or feel like it’s coming out but whatever tinted plastic they used for the screen has a slight flex on the left side
Interesting!

Happy Sunday, everyone. This is my first day as a member and my first post!

I purchased the gen 3 yesterday morning at a local vape shop and have been using it heavily since. I prefer modes with 3, or even 4 batteries because I'm notorious for forgetting to charge, and appreciate the extended battery life that these configurations provide. I vaped off of an rx300 for a a few months before it began throwing error messages everyother time I'd hit the fire button. I loved the mod otherwise, returned it for a replacement which shortly there after began with the same issues. I've bounced around to alien, snowwolf (213?) And haven't been as happy with the overall hand feel and battery life of my RX. The QC issues were never resolved and I swore off of the company. The folks at the shop convinced me that the 5 10 has been reworked and I decided to give this company one more shot.

So far I am very inpressed. The size and battery life is great. I like the overall design and the vaper quality. Personally the battery vents on the side aren't an issue. I actually like them, and feel considering the very compact size of the mod that the design utilizes the limited realestate rather well. I run a 28 rda, and although the overhang is noticeable it's personally none offensive. The one down side for me is that I have found that it seems to run a bit warm with use. I'm crossing my fingers that the dreaded "atomizer short and no atomizer" errors don't happen with this one too! I'll update this with more use.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Happy Sunday, everyone. This is my first day as a member and my first post!

I purchased the gen 3 yesterday morning at a local vape shop and have been using it heavily since. I prefer modes with 3, or even 4 batteries because I'm notorious for forgetting to charge, and appreciate the extended battery life that these configurations provide. I vaped off of an rx300 for a a few months before it began throwing error messages everyother time I'd hit the fire button. I loved the mod otherwise, returned it for a replacement which shortly there after began with the same issues. I've bounced around to alien, snowwolf (213?) And haven't been as happy with the overall hand feel and battery life of my RX. The QC issues were never resolved and I swore off of the company. The folks at the shop convinced me that the 5 10 has been reworked and I decided to give this company one more shot.

So far I am very inpressed. The size and battery life is great. I like the overall design and the vaper quality. Personally the battery vents on the side aren't an issue. I actually like them, and feel considering the very compact size of the mod that the design utilizes the limited realestate rather well. I run a 28 rda, and although the overhang is noticeable it's personally none offensive. The one down side for me is that I have found that it seems to run a bit warm with use. I'm crossing my fingers that the dreaded "atomizer short and no atomizer" errors don't happen with this one too! I'll update this with more use.
1 post up http://www.vapingunderground.com/th...ed-explanation-and-510-pins-explained.348237/

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Thanks. I came apon the link you posted after I posted. Unfortunately since I posted I've recieved the dreaded "no atomizer found" error. I am officially done with this company.
Dam that was fast lol. Sorry to hear about your mod though but it was inevitable.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Thanks, man. It's a shame, I was hopeful, but as you said it was an inevitable. After two of their mods being paperweights in the past, I should have known better.
It's ok. don't feel bad, i tried to warn people but the fans weren't happy lol. They'll come around in a few weeks when theirs shits the bed

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's ok. don't feel bad, i tried to warn people but the fans weren't happy lol. They'll come around in a few weeks when theirs shits the bed

Shit!!! and I was soooooo tempted to buy a Gen3 because Daniel on Youtube told me the 510 was not only fixed, it was a very
nice one.. and other improvements as well.. I really love the look and the form factor, but I ordered a Smok ProColor instead..

So, I will wait a few more months for the Gen3 complaints to start rolling in.... :popcorn:

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks. I came apon the link you posted after I posted. Unfortunately since I posted I've recieved the dreaded "no atomizer found" error. I am officially done with this company.

That's what was happening with my rx200s.. also, sometimes it just wouldn't even fire nor would the screen come on, like, no contact
in there at all... I still use it with a few tanks that work ok on it.. but I have 2 rda's that wont even screw into the shitty 510.....

Most of the youtubers dont get that this gap is on purpose. The inner ring makes contact with any tank. As you can see there are some scuff marks already, but the finish on the outer ring is perfect.
15964d518219dd0ed031d3ccf577edb7.jpg

Attachments

• 56D7831E-872C-4E0D-A059-76C8902F5CD6.jpeg
    56D7831E-872C-4E0D-A059-76C8902F5CD6.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
  • 099B732B-74E7-4278-A8E1-894210E560C1.jpeg
    099B732B-74E7-4278-A8E1-894210E560C1.jpeg
    1,005.8 KB · Views: 20

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Sorry dude but that's is how wismec covers up there press fit 510s. I like wismec to be honest, even there nc2 is press for crappy 510. So, if you take care of your things and don't bang it up, they are perfectly fine, actually I'd say there more than fine. I love my 2s, but then again, you just have to be more careful. That inner ring is just machined to look like that is a large 510, it's kind of deceiving.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors