Become a Patron!

Run around from ecig.com over Black Friday sale fiasco

This is a bit long but I just wanted to alert folks about the run around that I've gotten from ecig.com.

I received an email from ecig.com on 11/26 alerting me of their sale that was supposed to begin at 12am central on 11/27 and continue the entire weekend through Cyber Monday. I was online and ready to order the second the sale began. I intended to order the Aspire Nautilus Mini and the ELeaf iStick for the advertised price of $15.99 each. I added each of them plus some replacement coils to my cart. I started the check out and noticed that my cart was showing a quantity of 2 Nautilus Mini's. I attempted to adjust the quantity to 1 and it said the minimum to order was 2. Wouldn't let me order just one. So I attempted to check out with just the iStick and coils and it shows the iStick is out of stock. I then emailed ecig.com to find out what was up and alert them to my problems.

I finally received a response the next morning saying, "I am sorry about that. We had a massive amount of traffic when we opened our sale and we got flooded. We ran out of stock within minutes of our sale opening. But, once we get them back in stock, we will have a sale for them".

I then asked when they were expected to be back in stock and what about having to order a minimum on the tank. The response then was "Our website had a glitch for some reason and didn't make the istick available for purchase until 3 am CT, and we sold out of those almost immediately. I don't know exactly when we will be getting more, but I DO know we will be having a big sale on those".

I replied asking if they would send out a notice when the iStick was back on stock and on sale to which I got the response, "Our website had a glitch for some reason and didn't make the istick available for purchase until 3 am CT, and we sold out of those almost immediately. I don't know exactly when we will be getting more, but I DO know we will be having a big sale on those".

I emailed again on 12/7 asking, "Are the iSticks in stock yet? If so, when can I get it at the sale price? I also wanted to order the Nautilus Mini at the time of the sale but couldn't because it was requiring a minimum purchase of 2 units and I only needed one". This was the reply, "The sale was yesterday for the istick. We had it advertised on our website. Sorry you missed it! If you sign up for the email list on ecig.com you will be notified of different sales we are having". My response was, "I am and have been signed up for the email list! That's how I knew about the Black Friday sale. I signed up when I ordered from you previously. I did NOT receive an email notifying me of the sale yesterday and I don't check your website every day! Seems like I've gotten nothing but a run around and different answers/excuses in every reply!"

The response that I got then was, "Sorry about that Connie. I am not sure if this particular sale was emailed to everyone".

I know this wasn't a huge order but it's total BS to have gotten the run around that I have! I hope by posting this that I save someone else the time and effort of going through the same thing.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ran into those issues as well. The istick was never available I wanted to pick on up for my wife for that sale price. I contacted them on fb and was told essentially the same thing. The nautilus mini minimum order was fixed at about 4am and I did buy one of those because they were 16 bucks but yeah they came across like a bait and switch. To make it worse in the wee hours on fb on 11/28 they had a lot of ppl voicing the same concern on fb and they deleted all those comments off their page including my own.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I too stayed up till midnight on black Friday and tried to buy a istick and a Nautilus mini. When I checked out it showed one mini and one istick and when I completed the order the istick was gone and two Nautilus mini's were ordered.
I saw later that they had the istick for, I think it was $24.99, but only for a short while.
I do appreciate the bargain on the mini's , it's always good to have a spare/back up, but am disappointed that I didn't get in on the bargain price on the istick.

ecigdotcom

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I've responded in our other thread about this. I apologize about the issue and have provided my email so we can make this right. Anyone can email me at anytime [email protected]. I'm the owner and will be glad to work personally with you.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you Josh for stepping up to the plate with potential customers.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well he's still not responding to my email i sent as i was one of the first ones who got the shaft from ecig .com on that deal .

Thanks for stepping up and doing the right thing e cig.com , should of known better .

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thats just my situation , hopefully others got taken care of.

ecigdotcom

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Whos not answering your emails?

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This must be the the "guess what vendor " game lol. I am not a game player , i contacted you as soon as you posted this

Anyone can email me at anytime [email protected]. I'm the owner and will be glad to work personally with you.

I received no response at all . To put it in easy to understand terms , i don't care for the way you do business Josh , count me out on this one and all future purchases as well .

You burned me once and that is usually all it takes with me but i decided to contact you in good faith again and that was my mistake .

Hopefully you came through for the others.

ecigdotcom

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
This must be the the "guess what vendor " game lol. I am not a game player , i contacted you as soon as you posted this

I received no response at all . To put it in easy to understand terms , i don't care for the way you do business Josh , count me out on this one and all future purchases as well .

You burned me once and that is usually all it takes with me but i decided to contact you in good faith again and that was my mistake .

Hopefully you came through for the others.

There seems to be an issue somewhere in our channels of communication. I've searched and have not found any emails unanswered. Ive PM'd you to get your email address and name so that we can work on this together. This is not, and never will be a "game". My job is 100% to make sure that our customers at ecig.com have the best experience, lowest price and unbeatable customer service. Please respond to my PM and I will be glad to make this right.

ecigdotcom

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I've been very transparent about what happened on Black Friday, and will always be when it comes to any issue with our company.

On Black Friday we had a limited quantity of the iStick that we were offering for $15.99, this was a "door buster". I kept the item out of stock until the sale, so that we could have the maximum available. Unfortunately at midnight when the iStick was supposed to go "In Stock" it did not, this was a failure on the web masters part and has been taken care of to ensure does not happen again. Around 3:00Am I realized the issue after receiving emails and set the product to In Stock. The item sold out almost instantly. There were a good # of people that gave up on the sale and left, but there were those who stayed and did receive the iStick for that price. It is very unfortunate that the iStick was not placed for sale at 12am. I have, and will continue to do everything possible to help with the frustration caused by this. Shortly after I received our new shipment of iSticks I ran a sale, not for the $15.99 because that is below our cost, but for what we paid for them. I did this not because I had to, but because we messed up and did not put them in stock right at 12am.

I am the owner of ecig.com and again invite anyone who ever has any issue with our site or our customer service to just email me personally, I am always willing to help.

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Appreciate your response but i choose to just let it go .

Thank you regardless

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This was not ecig.com's first website problem and probably not the last.
This was not ecig.com's first sale and problem not the last.
I will be keeping an eye open for their next sale and hope to get a bargain.

CPMP15

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I hope you get righted for this. but it did sound like a run around. they ran out and couldn't get any more at that price so you lose, sorry. I hope you get a coupon for 25% off. Keep spreading the word.

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I still go to ecig's website just about every day. Have not seen anything on sale that I want yet. I was sure hopping that new year's day or today being MLK day, that they would have a sale. HAY ecig maybe you could have a big sale on my favorite holiday, Groundhog Day.

ecigdotcom

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I still go to ecig's website just about every day. Have not seen anything on sale that I want yet. I was sure hopping that new year's day or today being MLK day, that they would have a sale. HAY ecig maybe you could have a big sale on my favorite holiday, Groundhog Day.

What are you currently in the market for?

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've got several friends that I would like to fix up with starter kits. Maybe something like
eGo Twist Double Battery Starter Kits

ecigdotcom

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I've got several friends that I would like to fix up with starter kits. Maybe something like
eGo Twist Double Battery Starter Kits

I just added some yesterday actually :)

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I see this kits selling local on Craigslist for $20. I would rather buy from someone I've bought before and had good results ,like you, instead of a stranger on Craigslist.

If you look up the word "cheap" in the dictionary you will find a picture of me.

Product description
This easy to use eGo Twist Double Battery Starter Kit gives you everything you or a friend needs to vape. It's actually the perfect little ecig kit because when your first battery goes low, you can switch right into your extra one that would already be charged up - did we mention you get two batteries? Awesome. Not to mention, having an eGo battery is pretty much the latest in customizable ecig battery technology.
Includes:
  • 2 x eGo-C Twist 900mAh
  • 2 x GS-H2 BCC
  • 1 x eGo Charger Wall Plug
  • 1 x eGo USB Rapid Charger
  • 1 x eGo Carry Case

ecigdotcom

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I see this kits selling local on Craigslist for $20. I would rather buy from someone I've bought before and had good results ,like you, instead of a stranger on Craigslist.

If you look up the word "cheap" in the dictionary you will find a picture of me.

Product description
This easy to use eGo Twist Double Battery Starter Kit gives you everything you or a friend needs to vape. It's actually the perfect little ecig kit because when your first battery goes low, you can switch right into your extra one that would already be charged up - did we mention you get two batteries? Awesome. Not to mention, having an eGo battery is pretty much the latest in customizable ecig battery technology.
Includes:
  • 2 x eGo-C Twist 900mAh
  • 2 x GS-H2 BCC
  • 1 x eGo Charger Wall Plug
  • 1 x eGo USB Rapid Charger
  • 1 x eGo Carry Case

I unfortunately cannot price match off craigslist. However you do get our warranty and free shipping :)

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You never know how old the batteries are on craigslist are either. Batteries go bad with time just sitting in a box, even if they are not used.
You may have spoiled me with that BIG 55% off sale you had a few months ago.
And the sale I got in on for the Aspire Nautilus Mini, that I am really enjoying, was also a nice sale.
I'm patient, I'm sure you will get a good deal on something that you buy, and will pass the savings on to us.

VU Sponsors