Become a Patron!

RTA vacuum issue? Burping

Loki

Member For 2 Years
I got a vandy vape kensei RTA and its my first rebuildable. I've changed the licks once already believing that they were already going bad after a week. I have only been on the second set of wicks for 3 days and I'm noticing dry hits and wicking issues.

But i loosened the fill cap and a air pocket "burped" through a juice flow hole and then worked fine for 6 or 7 chain vapes then opened the top/fill hole and another air pocket excaped from the same juice hole.

Whats this caused buy? Is my wicking too tight? I feel of i used less cotton it would leak juice as it was very loose in the juice pocket.

Thoughts?

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bubbles coming up from the wicking holes is normal.... as the wick sucks juice from the tank the juice gets replaced with air.. the air has to come from somewhere.. the burp is because a little bit of vacuum builds up in the space between to juice and the top cap..... flipping the tank upside down occasionally will prevent the rank from building excess vacuum. That vacuum is important too little can result in leakage too much can leaf to dry hits. The wick normally provides the seal and equalize the pressure. Just take practice to get things perfect...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sometimes your cotton gets broken inside the coil. If it was me I'd just rewick

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Too much cotton. The kensei just like the kylin mini, are a pain to wick, however the kensei is very unforgiving in comparison. Also when using higher VG or extremely sweetened juices, depending on the wicking material, it can clump up making it harder for any Atty to wick accurately, however with the way the kensei is designed, having this "caged" wicking slots, you will have to accommodate for it, with either using less cotton or thinning/fluffing it out more.

Also make sure you didn't overtightened the chimney or you run in the same issues. Try purging your tank from time to time, blowing into it and then inhaling right after, especially if its newly wicked, that might help your cause as well.

VU Sponsors