Become a Patron!

Solomon 3 RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bshhmokalot

Member For 2 Years
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yeah that's too bad. I did for awhile but ever since I got the Vindicator, the Bonza kit just sits there and collects dust.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that's too bad. I did for awhile but ever since I got the Vindicator, the Bonza kit just sits there and collects dust.

I gotcha. I got the silver one as well. Should be here in a few days. Any issues with it?

dhomes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
27   0   0

+w00t for the vindicator, got 4 here now

Would fetch the solid silver pin for my ruby but price is a tad high

dhomes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Yeah I messaged him a couple weeks back. Said he would have in a month or two. Can you imagine how much harder this thing'll hit?!

From my experience you get the biggest gain by using pure silver on the RDA's positive post. The Vindicator already have a pretty decent copper contact area with the negative end of the battery, if silver is just 5~8% more conductive than copper your could take the current contact area of the vindicator's switch, reduce it by 8% and still is bigger than the purges' with solid silver contact

Also, having both (and bunch of rounhouses & rubys), hit wise, i prefer the old switch to the CC, I know there is no arching, but the old style is just one big, single chunk of copper with less moving parts that i *feel* hits faster

Bshhmokalot

Member For 2 Years
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
From my experience you get the biggest gain by using pure silver on the RDA's positive post. The Vindicator already have a pretty decent copper contact area with the negative end of the battery, if silver is just 5~8% more conductive than copper your could take the current contact area of the vindicator's switch, reduce it by 8% and still is bigger than the purges' with solid silver contact

Also, having both (and bunch of rounhouses & rubys), hit wise, i prefer the old switch to the CC, I know there is no arching, but the old style is just one big, single chunk of copper with less moving parts that i *feel* hits faster

I completely agree. I usually use the Aequitas with the solid silver pin on top of the Vindicator. and yeah I've seen a lot of people on here say the same about liking the old switch versus the constant contact. I wouldn't know though, never had the old switch. although i do wanna buy one. I was a little disappointed that Kennedy didn't have a July 4th sale, i was really hopin they would so i could get the new Ruby 21.

Bshhmokalot

Member For 2 Years
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What are your thoughts good or bad about the Solomon 3 RTA?

To be quite honest I'm not an RTA type of guy. I watched tons of reviews on the product and thought I could potentially enjoy it. But again, RTA's are not my thing. Prefer RDA's. This was the 1st RTA I've ever purchased. Only took a couple drags so its in 'like new condition'. One thing for sure i did notice was that it was able to keep up in high wattage/low builds.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I wonder how much the solid silver pin for the Vindicator will wind up being? That's a meaty pin and plate assembly.

Bshhmokalot

Member For 2 Years
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I wonder how much the solid silver pin for the Vindicator will wind up being? That's a meaty pin and plate assembly.

I also wonder for the same reasons. I did ask Eric but he said wasn't sure yet. I mean either way I'm gettin it, thats for sure. I just hope it isn't more than a $100. $65 maybe? who knows...

dhomes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I completely agree. I usually use the Aequitas with the solid silver pin on top of the Vindicator. and yeah I've seen a lot of people on here say the same about liking the old switch versus the constant contact. I wouldn't know though, never had the old switch. although i do wanna buy one. I was a little disappointed that Kennedy didn't have a July 4th sale, i was really hopin they would so i could get the new Ruby 21.

yeah the past 2 years they havent had a sale (at least they didnt for black friday last year), guess you dont need one when biz is good so glad for them

I did get a blem ruby 20700 a few days ago from them, $100! it was a copper but they kinda know me by know and gave me free cerakoting.

This thing is pristine and haven't it put it down since, really dont know what the defect was (he kinda puts things as blem if, say, one post is 1mm off the other)

Screen Shot 2019-07-06 at 12.24.07 AM.png

Bshhmokalot

Member For 2 Years
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Oh wow that's nice, I should of taken advantage of it while it was still in stock. Oh well I can put that savings towards a Ruby 21 now, heh

dhomes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Oh wow that's nice, I should of taken advantage of it while it was still in stock. Oh well I can put that savings towards a Ruby 21 now, heh

true that

I'm kinda not a fan of the SHAPE of the vindicators / new Rubys, it's why I got 3 of them as straight tubes, the Kennedy fb page has a thread on whether or not the ruby can be ordered as a straight one right now

Bshhmokalot

Member For 2 Years
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
While I used to be the same way I've learned to like the Vindicators unique shape. Personally I don't like the straight tubes as much as I used to but that's just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors