Become a Patron!

RTA Help?

So I have a Herakles RTA. The one with 4 airholes. My first one and ive had it about a month. My only problem is what I thought was wicking but I guess its not. For example I am using 24g kanthal dual coil at .25 ohms. Anything over 60 watts I get burnt hits. Is the wattage to high for that kind of wire. Is this my problem? Would 22g be my best bet for high wattages?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You may have better luck with stainless steel wire (24-26ga), it heats and cools fast, unlike 24ga kanthal, which once heated continues to cook the wick and juice, unless you don't take a LONG draw to cool the coil down while vaping.

Welcome to VU too.....:vino:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Vaping at high watts is a trade off
eventually you get to a point where raising the wattage kills battery life more then it's worth.
you have to balance vapor production with battery life to find a sweet spot.

if you take a wrap away from each coil you will get down a few ohms and be able to raise your wattage some.

22ga takes longer to heat up and may not be worth the trade off but you could get a small amount to give it a try.

if you find 22ga to be too much wire for an RTA then sites like lightning vapes sell oddball gauges like 23ga which would be perfect if 24 was too little and 22 was too much.

Thank you both. I will keep an eye out on both. Right now I got dual parallels 24 gsyge and that definitely seems to be good. All this time I thought it was wicking but come to find out its because I was giving too much power to wire that cohldnt handle it.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vaping at high watts is a trade off
eventually you get to a point where raising the wattage kills battery life more then it's worth.
you have to balance vapor production with battery life to find a sweet spot.

if you take a wrap away from each coil you will get down a few ohms and be able to raise your wattage some.

22ga takes longer to heat up and may not be worth the trade off but you could get a small amount to give it a try.

if you find 22ga to be too much wire for an RTA then sites like lightning vapes sell oddball gauges like 23ga which would be perfect if 24 was too little and 22 was too much.
Did lightning vapes restock with the odd gauges?
the last time I looked they had not since the fire and ownership change?

I had to go to Kbee to get 25 ga.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

VU Sponsors