Become a Patron!

RTA for squonking

Jixil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Has anyone ever tried replacing the bottom pin on an RTA and replacing it with a squonk pin? Does something like that even work? I'm just thinking of how it'll allow you to increase how much juice you can have in a tank over all, without it being ridiculously big and not having to worry about adding more juice later if you're out and about and it's not convenient to do so.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Has anyone ever tried replacing the bottom pin on an RTA and replacing it with a squonk pin? Does something like that even work? I'm just thinking of how it'll allow you to increase how much juice you can have in a tank over all, without it being ridiculously big and not having to worry about adding more juice later if you're out and about and it's not convenient to do so.

They arent really designed for it ...you'll be squirting juice directly into the chamber rather than let it wick through cotton ...flooding it and causing a leaking issue ...plus its pretty easy to pop off the lid and refill.

There are some RDTAs that can be squonked though if thats your thing: Medusa Reborn, Cthulhu Gaia, Bombertech Pindad are three such products i can think of

Jixil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
They arent really designed for it ...you'll be squirting juice directly into the chamber rather than let it wick through cotton ...flooding it and causing a leaking issue ...plus its pretty easy to pop off the lid and refill.

There are some RDTAs that can be squonked though if thats your thing: Medusa Reborn, Cthulhu Gaia, Bombertech Pindad are three such products i can think of

I was mainly thinking about the initial fill. Once the tank is empty, I could squonk what's in the bottle and hopefully that'll last me long enough until I can get somewhere to refill.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I was mainly thinking about the initial fill. Once the tank is empty, I could squonk what's in the bottle and hopefully that'll last me long enough until I can get somewhere to refill.

No such tanks exists that i know off ...like i said some said RDTAs can do it ...the medusa reborn has a 4 or 5 ml tank i believe, combine that with a 7 or 8ml refill bottle and you have a decent reserve

Or you could just buy a big old RTA something that has this sort of capacity to start out with :)

Jixil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
No such tanks exists that i know off ...like i said some said RDTAs can do it ...the medusa reborn has a 4 or 5 ml tank i believe, combine that with a 7 or 8ml refill bottle and you have a decent reserve

Or you could just buy a big old RTA something that has this sort of capacity to start out with :)

I just checked, and it's a 3.5ml well. That's still pretty good I guess!

And I know there's some huge RTAs, but the idea is to not have a massive tank lol

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I bought the Kindbright Flave RTA that comes with a squonk pin- works great for sqounking. I would call this tank an RDTA.
I am new to squonking so I am not sure if you can make an existing tank into a squonker so I bought one that does that.
This is a link for the 22mm
Fasttech Mothers Day 10% off sale- code: MOM

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...right-fl-styled-rta-rebuildable-tank-atomizer

This is a link for the 24mm- this is the one I bought

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0...right-fl-styled-rta-rebuildable-tank-atomizer

I found this one too- on sale for around $10.00 with code : MOM

https://www.fasttech.com/product/9643270

Jixil

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
I bought the Kindbright Flave RTA that comes with a squonk pin- works great for sqounking. I would call this tank an RDTA.
I am new to squonking so I am not sure if you can make an existing tank into a squonker so I bought one that does that.
This is a link for the 22mm
Fasttech Mothers Day 10% off sale- code: MOM

This is a link for the 24mm- this is the one I bought

I found this one too- on sale for around $10.00 with code : MOM

https://www.fasttech.com/product/9643270

Yeah, FT has it mislabeled. There's 2 versions of the flave, and rda and an rdta. The rdta is the one you linked, which has a 2ml tank.

I've been checking to see what options there are, and so far the best options I've found are the iJoy combo squonk rdta and asModus Nefarious, which are the the 2 rdta's with a squonk pin that have the biggest tank at 4ml! Medusa reborn came in second at 3.5ml.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Yeah, FT has it mislabeled. There's 2 versions of the flave, and rda and an rdta. The rdta is the one you linked, which has a 2ml tank.

I've been checking to see what options there are, and so far the best options I've found are the iJoy combo squonk rdta and asModus Nefarious, which are the the 2 rdta's with a squonk pin that have the biggest tank at 4ml! Medusa reborn came in second at 3.5ml.

The small tank isn't too bad because of squonking, not having to squonk every 4 or 5 hit is nice- I also wanted a single coil squonk tank, which the Flave is. I can put a higher Ω coil and helps with my Inbox V3 single battery life too.

I really wanted the Nefarius at 1st, but the high price tag, dual coil deck, and much larger size, kind of had me look for something else- so I bought the Flave.
I have the Wasp Nano RDA too.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I really like the Kindbright Flave- the only con is the Ultem tank, hard to see how much liquid is in there. I wish this came with a clear tank.
Other than that I love the Flave and glad I bought it to try it out!
I believe there are other colors too- 3F had black and White too- but I no longer see them for sale there, so I am hoping FT gets other colors.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Simply having a squonk pin in a tank won’t work. The air in the tank and the juice you want to replace it with have to trade places or at least the air has to get out. And the tank still has to be able to maintain a vacuum so the juice doesn’t just pour back out. Would take a complete redesign. Most tank pins don’t terminate in the juice chamber as well. And squonking a rda beats the crap out of a tank anyway due to rda’s (rsa’s) wicking better because there is no vacuum to fight. Just ditch the tank.

VU Sponsors