Become a Patron!

Rofvape Warlock Z-Box 233w box mod

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I grabbed one of these for 40 bucks a few weeks ago. didn't see a thread on it so time to make one lol
1493194511104816.jpg

1493194513536520.jpg

full review here

DebbieNY

Member For 4 Years
Ooo, I bought the red one, too, but I haven't had time to play with it yet. Sweet looking mod, isn't it? :inlove:

Will check out your video soon!

DebbieNY

Member For 4 Years
Just got around to watching your review, so now I need to play with it when I get home to see if mine suffers the same issues. I'll use a set of brand new batteries, so that I can rule out any issues there. I don't normally use high wattages, so maybe mine won't get hot and shut down like yours. I bought it from vaporl.com for $33.33, so it wasn't a huge investment/loss, but I'm prepared to return it to them if I need to (anyone deal with them before?).

As for the battery contact pins being a bit too short (another reviewer mentioned the positive side sometimes loses contact), would using button-top (instead of flat-top) batteries be better?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Just got around to watching your review, so now I need to play with it when I get home to see if mine suffers the same issues. I'll use a set of brand new batteries, so that I can rule out any issues there. I don't normally use high wattages, so maybe mine won't get hot and shut down like yours. I bought it from vaporl.com for $33.33, so it wasn't a huge investment/loss, but I'm prepared to return it to them if I need to (anyone deal with them before?).

As for the battery contact pins being a bit too short (another reviewer mentioned the positive side sometimes loses contact), would using button-top (instead of flat-top) batteries be better?
nah it's tight enough to get the door shut as it is. stick with flat tops. Shouldn't be any issue with lower wattages but i gotta review a device for what it is

DebbieNY

Member For 4 Years
Mine is up and running with a Merlin Mini (not digging the atty very much... Trapped bubbles everywhere with high PG liquid :tantrum:). Had the battery issue in the beginning, but got it all sorted. Pressed both batteries in all the way with my thumb and carefully closed the door, while not allowing the springs to push them up much (kept pressure on the batteries) until I could secure the battery door. Both batteries registering on the mod and discharging evenly. :) As I haven't gone above 30w, I can't comment on the overheat/shut down problem you had, Anthony. Haven't tried temperature control yet, but I suck at setting up that crap, so sticking with wattage for now. For $33, I'm perfectly fine not fiddling with TC.

Last edited:

M40

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I purchased this mod at the end of October, but it took a couple weeks to arrive. I received it on November 15th, and here we are literally one month later... and the Warlock has fried itself. Puff of smoke and done.

I'm only vaping in the 30-40 watt range, and using high quality LG flat-top cells to run it.

The main board shorted and was able to melt through the plastic into the battery compartment a little. Luckily I was right next to the mod and smelled the distinct odor of burning FR4. I yanked my batteries before they even got warm. The batteries were fine except that one now has a smear of black melted plastic on the side where the main board is located.

If a mod fries after 6 months or a year (especially under heavy use), I chalk it up to wear and tear and I move on to the next one. But this went literally ONE MONTH... and it wasn't a mod I took on the road. It was one I used infrequently at home. This mod appeared to be decent quality manufacturing, and I certainly expected better.

I got the unit from LYX Vape, and this was my first time shopping there. I sent them an email this morning. I will update this post when I get a response... hopefully they will make good.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I purchased this mod at the end of October, but it took a couple weeks to arrive. I received it on November 15th, and here we are literally one month later... and the Warlock has fried itself. Puff of smoke and done.

I'm only vaping in the 30-40 watt range, and using high quality LG flat-top cells to run it.

The main board shorted and was able to melt through the plastic into the battery compartment a little. Luckily I was right next to the mod and smelled the distinct odor of burning FR4. I yanked my batteries before they even got warm. The batteries were fine except that one now has a smear of black melted plastic on the side where the main board is located.

If a mod fries after 6 months or a year (especially under heavy use), I chalk it up to wear and tear and I move on to the next one. But this went literally ONE MONTH... and it wasn't a mod I took on the road. It was one I used infrequently at home. This mod appeared to be decent quality manufacturing, and I certainly expected better.

I got the unit from LYX Vape, and this was my first time shopping there. I sent them an email this morning. I will update this post when I get a response... hopefully they will make good.
dam wish you read my review 1st where I said it was an unsafe POS and nobody should buy it lol. that's why i recommend people find a reviewer they can trust and research before buying personally.

M40

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
dam wish you read my review 1st where I said it was an unsafe POS and nobody should buy it lol. that's why i recommend people find a reviewer they can trust and research before buying personally.

YUP... I wish I'd done more homework. So far the vendor seems to be cooperating and says I can return it for a replacement. Hopefully they'll follow through... and hopefully the replacement lasts longer than a month!

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
YUP... I wish I'd done more homework. So far the vendor seems to be cooperating and says I can return it for a replacement. Hopefully they'll follow through... and hopefully the replacement lasts longer than a month!
i'd ask for store credit and get a decent mod instead

LA-Vapite

Member For 4 Years
Odd -

I have had mine since May (Got it at MVP) and have none of the issues described here.
I must have seen some good reviews, or since it made my sub $50.00 rule, I might have just taken the chance !
Granted I do not test at over 120 watts (as that is as high as I go) but have always enjoyed this device.
Hits hard, looks great in the Black version, works well with all my sub 25 RTA's.
Battery door was a bit stiff in the beginning, but that improved with time.
If I had seen Anthony's review beforehand I would have passed, but I am glad I didn't, at least for me !

DebbieNY

Member For 4 Years
Got mine mid-May 2017 from Vaporl for $33... Still working, no issues (EDIT: aside from the USB charging, which doesn't seem to work on mine ), and still looking great (haven't tried TC yet though, LOL!). :banana:

EDIT: Just noticed that USB charging doesn't seem to work on mine, but I've got an external charger (and 2 new Therion 75Cs) anyway. :giggle:

Last edited:

VU Sponsors