RocketPuppy's Ry4

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Trying this out today and finding it quite pleasant.

Hard for my brain to register the flavors as the only one I can pick out is a hint of Caramel.

Next batch I'll get brave and try .2% AP instead of .1%:D.
I even like the AP at 0.5% (in this recipe) if you're feeling super brave. If it's too caramel-ly, you could always drop it as well.

zOzBaSHa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good question. The AP gives it a nice nutty flavor, but it should still be good.
Change of plans lol
I am getting AP next week
But no Vienna cream
Can I exchange it for tfa baverian cream same %?

Sent from my GT-I9192 using Tapatalk

Rocket, I have made about 3 batches of your RY4 Double now, and needless to say, it is my MAIN ADV now. That and Grant's Custard clone. I just made a 60ml bottle of the RY4 Double last nite, so that should last me a few days. I do, however have 1 question, & that is, could the RY4D be increased in strength, and not adversely affect the flavor? I've always been a flavor junkie since I started vaping, and I recently went soley into drippers, namely, a Vulcan dripper. Even bought one just for the custard blend.

I still have 1 Taifun & 1 Kayfun I use, but they don't even come close to the satisfaction I get from the Vulcan. If I increase the RY4 Double flavor to say...8%, should I also increase the other flavors as well? I find that the taste & flavor I get from your blend if just awesome, so hence the question, can I increase it without screwing it up? I'm grateful for any advice you might offer....:)
What is the clone recipe of Grant's Custard you prefer and think is closest to the original GC? please :)

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Change of plans lol
I am getting AP next week
But no Vienna cream
Can I exchange it for tfa baverian cream same %?

Sent from my GT-I9192 using Tapatalk
I'm not fond of Bavarian Cream, so it's a no for me. However, tons of people are avid fans of bc.

To me, Vienna Cream is one of the best FlavourArt flavors possible. Many, many uses.

zOzBaSHa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm not fond of Bavarian Cream, so it's a no for me. However, tons of people are avid fans of bc.

To me, Vienna Cream is one of the best FlavourArt flavors possible. Many, many uses.
i wish i can get some
been waiting for our local supplier to get some for 2 month now with no luck
i guess i will wait for it then even tho i cant wait to try it

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i wish i can get some
been waiting for our local supplier to get some for 2 month now with no luck
i guess i will wait for it then even tho i cant wait to try it
Are you in the US?

Menthol

Member For 4 Years
Just a quick thank you for this recipe, Ive made it before but it just didn't click with me, What i did wrong i don't know but i made this again a couple of weeks ago and by gum its bloody nice.

Great recipe, love it! You can substitute vienna cream for tpa bavarian if you don't have. I sometimes use caramel candy instead also.

My ADV now is:

9% RY4 DBL
2% AP
1% Sweetener

All TPA

OneLief

Unique and Ingenious Title
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I keep hearing about this recipe. Going to have to try it.

Serenity

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm very late to the party, as usual. I mixed this up today and it's amazing as a shake 'n vape. It has got to be one of the most accurate RY4 flavors that I have tried to date. I was wondering, if this becomes less sweet as it ages? Also, if one would want it less sweet what would I use less of? I'm trying to get a friend of mine off of cigarettes and into vaping. I love sweet flavors, but he's not much of a fan of sweet. He keeps stealing my mod and then making a face while he says "good, but too damned sweet" lol I'm convinced that if I can modify this flavor that he'll be converted because he keeps showing an interest in stealing my mod and "trying" it. I really appreciate the recipe share because the RY4 that I used to love was sadly discontinued many moons ago and for those of you long time vapers out there, you'll likely know which one it was ;) This is very close to that one, IMO if memory serves.

Zortec2112

Member For 4 Years
I'm very late to the party, as usual. I mixed this up today and it's amazing as a shake 'n vape. It has got to be one of the most accurate RY4 flavors that I have tried to date. I was wondering, if this becomes less sweet as it ages? Also, if one would want it less sweet what would I use less of? I'm trying to get a friend of mine off of cigarettes and into vaping. I love sweet flavors, but he's not much of a fan of sweet. He keeps stealing my mod and then making a face while he says "good, but too damned sweet" lol I'm convinced that if I can modify this flavor that he'll be converted because he keeps showing an interest in stealing my mod and "trying" it. I really appreciate the recipe share because the RY4 that I used to love was sadly discontinued many moons ago and for those of you long time vapers out there, you'll likely know which one it was ;) This is very close to that one, IMO if memory serves.

This recipe is my favorite ADV!! @RocketPuppy can certainly give you better guidance with this one, but I'll bet if you subbed FA Catalan Cream for the Vienna Cream it would drop the sweetness - or just trying less of the Vienna. For myself, I like the sweetness that is does have, but love that it's not nearly as sweet (and over the top with caramel) as some vendor RY4s. I hope you can convince your friend to ditch the stinkies and come over to the wonderful world of vaping!!

Johnny Matthews

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Straight RY4 Double @ 8% with AP @ 1% is pretty nice - has a lot of depth standalone and isn't very sweet.

Probably not as good and complex as RP's RY4, but very good as a first-timer vape trying to get off the smokes! ;)

IPJuice

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
could i use FA Vanilla classic instead of bourbon and cap caramel v2 or tfa caramel original? or deluxe? also i dont have AP, anything i could use it its place?

OneLief

Unique and Ingenious Title
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I made this 4 days ago and thought "It's alright, I don't know why everybody talks about do much". Now I do. This a perfect ADV for me. I'm making 60 ml tonight.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Holy Moly!!! I didn't realize people were commenting here. I didn't receive any notifications.

I'm so sorry for inadvertently ignoring the questions and praise. Thank you guys so much. I'm glad it's still a keeper. @IPJuice - you could easily substitute the vanillas, but the AP is necessary. It seems like such a small thing, but it really does change the flavor. With that said, it will be good without it...just not great.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Yes...yes...I know...it's been done so many times. Since I quit smokes, Ry4s are the only flavor combinations I don't get sick of after a few hours, so of course, I'm always on the quest for a great one. Since I started diy, I've easily mixed several hundred different versions of my own and others' recipes, with varying percentages, trying for perfection, and I wish I could say that in sarcasm. This one is indistinguishable from all the rest out there, but it just had something that clicked with my palette. This is almost identical to @wllmc's Ry4.

Click the pretty green for where to buy

5% ........
Perfumers Apprentice - RY4 Double Flavor
0.2%......Perfumers Apprentice - Acetyl Pyrazine 5% PG
0.5% .....FlavourArt - Vanilla Bourbon
0.5% .....FlavourArt - Vienna Cream
0.5% .....FlavourArt - Caramel

For other flavor suppliers beyond what is linked above, click HERE.
Looks like a good one, I will try it but will use catalan cream 1% to replace vienna cream. With no caramel since RY4D and catalan have it in it already. I have tried making one close to this but without the bourbon I believe the bourbon will be the kicker mmmmm.

SweetVapinSue

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Yes...yes...I know...it's been done so many times. Since I quit smokes, Ry4s are the only flavor combinations I don't get sick of after a few hours, so of course, I'm always on the quest for a great one. Since I started diy, I've easily mixed several hundred different versions of my own and others' recipes, with varying percentages, trying for perfection, and I wish I could say that in sarcasm. This one is indistinguishable from all the rest out there, but it just had something that clicked with my palette. This is almost identical to @wllmc's Ry4.

Click the pretty green for where to buy

5% ........
Perfumers Apprentice - RY4 Double Flavor
0.2%......Perfumers Apprentice - Acetyl Pyrazine 5% PG
0.5% .....FlavourArt - Vanilla Bourbon
0.5% .....FlavourArt - Vienna Cream
0.5% .....FlavourArt - Caramel

For other flavor suppliers beyond what is linked above, click HERE.
Love it! Added a little menthol and koolada and it's perfect ... for an ex-menthol cigarette smoker.

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I mixed this up with a couple of drops of menthol as I was a menthol smoker. I normally don't like the menthol flavorings, but with this recipe it worked very well after I let it sit a week. I also mixed it without menthol. Both turned out excellent! Thank you for sharing your recipe @RocketPuppy :)

So, I finally ordered the Vienna Cream and mixed the official version up Sunday night. A few hours soak in the candlewarmer then let it steep room temp until Friday. All I can say is "OMG!!!! WOW!!! " .... and this is supposed to improve with more time?!?!?

RP, you have my eternal gratitude and I have my first DIY ADV. Thank you.

Zortec2112

Member For 4 Years
So, I finally ordered the Vienna Cream and mixed the official version up Sunday night. A few hours soak in the candlewarmer then let it steep room temp until Friday. All I can say is "OMG!!!! WOW!!! " .... and this is supposed to improve with more time?!?!?

RP, you have my eternal gratitude and I have my first DIY ADV. Thank you.

Isn't this recipe just da bomb? :) I vape this juice every single day...matter of fact, I'm vaping it right now! This juice isn't really a "steeper" - it's at its best in about 3-4 days, but it's just fine fresh mixed too. Of course, it's been quite awhile since I've had it fresh mixed - I make large quantities so I don't ever run out! ;)

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haven't ordered any new flavors since leaving AZ, was trying to use up some of the old stuff. I finally broke down a couple of weeks ago and ordered some FA from Mama J's. Then this week I ordered some TFA flavors that I've been out of. The point of this story is my order came in today and it included 4oz of RY4D. It's been awhile and I can't wait to mix some up! :)

Cheers,
Steve

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Haven't ordered any new flavors since leaving AZ, was trying to use up some of the old stuff. I finally broke down a couple of weeks ago and ordered some FA from Mama J's. Then this week I ordered some TFA flavors that I've been out of. The point of this story is my order came in today and it included 4oz of RY4D. It's been awhile and I can't wait to mix some up! :)

Cheers,
Steve
I have to say it again. You're the one who got me into this =)
It's all your fault!

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to say it again. You're the one who got me into this =)
It's all your fault!

We had a lot of fun was had back then :). I woke up today and made a small batch, only 120ml :D. One 5ml tank down and another one already started. I really missed this stuff, almost forgot just how good it is!

Best Wishes,
Steve

Xtobacco

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You think I could substitute RY4 from flavor art? Maybe 2-3%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have both and tried it. It's not bad (FA's), but it's not quite the same. Now if you've never tried TFA RY4D then you might just love it. For me, I was use to RY4D so it only makes sense that when I tried FA RY4 that I would say I like it but it's just not the same. Hope some of that rambling helps.

Cheers,
Steve

Xtobacco

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have both and tried it. It's not bad (FA's), but it's not quite the same. Now if you've never tried TFA RY4D then you might just love it. For me, I was use to RY4D so it only makes sense that when I tried FA RY4 that I would say I like it but it's just not the same. Hope some of that rambling helps.

Cheers,
Steve
Did you use it at the same 5%?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, I made it at
3% FA RY4
2% FA Caramel
2% FA Vienna Cream

TFA RY4D had been my ADV for quite awhile, so it doesn't surprise me that I would prefer it . The main difference to me is FA is more tobacco and less caramel/ cream.

I'm not saying TFA RY4D is better, I'm just saying I like it better.

Xtobacco

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No, I made it at
3% FA RY4
2% FA Caramel
2% FA Vienna Cream

TFA RY4D had been my ADV for quite awhile, so it doesn't surprise me that I would prefer it . The main difference to me is FA is more tobacco and less caramel/ cream.

Awesome! I will try this out tonight. Thanks to HIC I have mostly FA in stock.

Xtobacco

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No, I made it at
3% FA RY4
2% FA Caramel
2% FA Vienna Cream

Did u add the .2% of AP

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did u add the .2% of AP

No I didn't. I'm trying to remember if the FA RY4 smelled like it already had more AP in it. Honestly I just received 120ml of TFA RY4D flavoring so I didn't experiment alot with the FA.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
=)

We had a lot of fun was had back then :). I woke up today and made a small batch, only 120ml :D. One 5ml tank down and another one already started. I really missed this stuff, almost forgot just how good it is!

Best Wishes,
Steve
We sure did!

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you good sir. Right back atcha!

Chased2Deth

600 flavors later....
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Would FA Vanilla classic sub Van Bourbon? Never tried the Bourbon, and don't have it atm.

Chased2Deth

600 flavors later....
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Didn't think it would be a huge deal, thanks Huckleberried.

I have been making Ry44 a while now in different variations, this def. sounds good.

IPJuice

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I made this max VG 80/20. Letting it steep now

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors