Become a Patron!

Rixsta's Review and Build- Aromamizer Plus RDTA

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lets get straight to it, I've had a lot of RTA's and RDTA's, the Troll, the Pharaoh, Boreas, OBS Engine, Modfather ect ect but for me, this is the best one to date.

I was a bit put off at first with the 30mm size, I've never rated 30mm tanks to have loads of flavor, I was wrong, completely wrong.

This isn't going to be a really in depth review, more of a build tutorial, well, it's how I build mine and in my opinion it works well, might help others ;)

I made some fused Claptons NI80, I like this wire a lot, I lowered the gauge of the inner cores to 24 to keep the ohms down as it jumped up a bit with the larger diameter..

Fused Claptons, NI80 4mm ID, 6 Wraps.I was aiming for a 0.2, came out at 0.17 ohms

Place your coil on the JFC and cut the legs flush with the bottom.

This give you the perfect coil height. I build mine out towards the AFC, some build them further in but I find this method gives better flavor, hits the coils full on the sides and also helps reduce that massive airflow somewhat. This tank is built for Claptons, fused, staggered, ect, this isn't really for single wire, I mean you can but it wants you to go big.

Wicked with Kendo Cotton Gold, I love this stuff and it's all I use, really soaks up the juice, wicks like crazy and can stand higher temps, it lasts a lot long than organic cotton pads . You don't get that new cotton taste either.

With a 4mm ID coil you need to comb the wicks through, I trim them level with the black O Ring on the deck.

Lightly tuck the cotton into the deck, do not press it down too much, take your time with it and leave it fluffy.

You don't want the cotton coming through the juice holes, you just want it covering them, make sure they are covered though or it will flood the deck and leak.

Saturate the wicks, I like to paint the coils and pulse, this pulls the juice into the cotton. Here you can lightly shape them so they don't hit the chimney when placing it on.

For my style of vaping, this has to be my favorite tank by far, I run mine with the 5ml conversion kit, to me, it looks better and the flavor is slightly better too. If you think, the glass holds 5ml and the deck holds about 2, so thats 7ml capacity, more than enough for me.

The juice control works perfect, gone are those stupid stop pins of the Supreme, the airflow is very smooth and the honeycomb grill stops juice from building up around the AFC, another problem of the supreme, swooshy airflow, I run a slightly narrower diameter drip tip and it's the perfect draw for me.

Everything is machined well, nice large kidney shaped fill holes, I've heard some say that the threading on the top cap could be better but mine is butter smooth.

You can chain vape this at high wattage and it just keeps going, never leaks and the flavor is really outstanding, don't let the 30mm put you off, this has some serious flavor going on.

Looks great on the G Class and wicking like a champ

Cons

I struggled to find any......

30mm overhangs on most mods but that's just a great excuse to buy a G Class, which is superb by the way.
Top threading could be better (so I have heard)
ahhh, I can't think of any more.

Final thoughts

I rate this over the modfather by quite some way, it wicks better, just vapes better and has juice flow control with is needed with a tank like this, a great design by BJ for sure, I love it.

No spit back, just a nice dense flavorful vape and hits like a train over and over again without dry hits.

4mm coils are perfect, 3mm just doesn't work as good and in my opinion one of the best RTA's or RDTA whichever you want to call it, if not the best on the market. (from what I have tried anyway)

Lovely postless deck to work on, easy to wick, if your thinking of getting one, do so !

Last edited:

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Great Review!
I have two of them as daily drivers in 10ml format. The Plus seriously out performs my CCI BFDFT in every way, and I was pondering picking up a ModFather. I don't think I'll really bother with the ModFather now, Cheers!

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great Review!
I have two of them as daily drivers in 10ml format. The Plus seriously out performs my CCI BFDFT in every way, and I was pondering picking up a ModFather. I don't think I'll really bother with the ModFather now, Cheers!
Yeah great tank and good to see you again.

The modfather is good but the juice builds up around the AFC and sometimes it just leaks no matter how much you pack into it, it's always in your mind, will it leak ??....I'd never take that tank out with me and the A Plus is just a better all round vape.

As for running it in 10ml capacity, I should of mentioned that really but to get the same flavor as the 5ml, I just turn the wattage up a bit more. I just like the stubby 5ml better.

Running this at 110w now and I'm a happy chappy.

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah great tank and good to see you again.

The modfather is good but the juice builds up around the AFC and sometimes it just leaks no matter how much you pack into it, it's always in your mind, will it leak ??....I'd never take that tank out with me and the A Plus is just a better all round vape.

As for running it in 10ml capacity, I should of mentioned that really but to get the same flavor as the 5ml, I just turn the wattage up a bit more. I just like the stubby 5ml better.

Running this at 110w now and I'm a happy chappy.
The BFDFT is the same way, 9ml's and no JFC... The first one I picked up had a poorly machined base, juice leaked through the 510 pin and flooded the 510 connector on my LUX. Luckily too much didn't get inside the mod, but I still had to take it all apart to be sure. CCI sent me out a complete replacement unit no charge, but like you say, you still have that "is this going to leak again?" in the back of your mind all the time.

The stubby 5ml looks sharp but I have to fill it too often. I ran the 20ml configuration for a while, it was great for show and tell at the local B&M's... :D

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The BFDFT is the same way, 9ml's and no JFC... The first one I picked up had a poorly machined base, juice leaked through the 510 pin and flooded the 510 connector on my LUX. Luckily too much didn't get inside the mod, but I still had to take it all apart to be sure. CCI sent me out a complete replacement unit no charge, but like you say, you still have that "is this going to leak again?" in the back of your mind all the time.

The stubby 5ml looks sharp but I have to fill it too often. I ran the 20ml configuration for a while, it was great for show and tell at the local B&M's... :D
haha, that 20ml is crazy, doesn't it leak with the weight of the juice? I guess it doesn't, you really have to wick it bad for it to leak I reckon. This tank has stopped me buying anything else, no need now. :rolleyes: (said that before though)

VU Sponsors