Become a Patron!

RF SC Taffy Base vs CAP Straw Taffy

EarnestAccord

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone have/try both of these flavor concentrates? Is one a more pronounced Taffy? I've played with RF's version and can't say it brings much to the table. Does CAP's get closer to the mark?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I have both but have not used the RF yet - most of their flavors are pretty weak in my limited experience with them

The Cap strawberry taffy is good, but needs a good strawberry boost - INW strawberry shisha is good and candyish

EarnestAccord

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have both but have not used the RF yet - most of their flavors are pretty weak in my limited experience with them

The Cap strawberry taffy is good, but needs a good strawberry boost - INW strawberry shisha is good and candyish
Good Strawberry flavor, err with a little boost as you said or, can you really detect a "taffy" note?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Good Strawberry flavor, err with a little boost as you said or, can you really detect a "taffy" note?

I definitely do - but taste is so subjective to the individual, can't guarantee you will, lol

Someone posted a strawberry banana cap taffy recipe earlier today- I might try eventually as it's close to the strawberry taffy I'm playing with now

EarnestAccord

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I definitely do - but taste is so subjective to the individual, can't guarantee you will, lol

Someone posted a strawberry banana cap taffy recipe earlier today- I might try eventually as it's close to the strawberry taffy I'm playing with now
Please update us when you've worked with RF's version. For reference I've tried RF's from 1%-4%. Notta mucho going on in that range. I'm locked and loaded with all types of Taffy ideas, but I may be just enjoying Strawberry iterations if that's the only authentic one on the market.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Im convinced there is something great to be unlocked with caps strawberry taffy but Ive yet to discover what that is lol. shake and vape right out the box first time I tried it I didnt like it at all but for some reason I had to keep vaping it haha. the more I vaped on it the more I could vision strawberry taffy and tome anyways it adds some texture. not sure d say taffy but maybe . after a few days it gets a little better.... its just bland and meh on the strawberry side but its there enough to where you are not going to be able to change it from strawberry to banana using it as a base but maybe strawberry banana. the strawberry part taste like most Capella strawberry flavors nothing new or great on that end .

I have the real flavors taffy but havent tried it yet maybe Ill try it out tonight

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For reference I've tried RF's from 1%-4%. Notta mucho going on in that range.
really? It is the only taffy concentrate I have tried but at 2.5% single flavor test it seemed quite authentic to me and I have lots of future tests planned for it with other RF fruits and creams.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
rst time I tried it I didnt like it at all but for some reason I had to keep vaping it haha.

You hit the nail on the head there - exact same scenario with me.

Been playing with it here and there, but as everyone knows, I'm lazy and not fond of mixing for the sake of the adventure, so I don't get very far trying something knew with it once every six to eight weeks :giggle:

Yes, I am on the weak and pathetic side as a mixer :D

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
You hit the nail on the head there - exact same scenario with me.

Been playing with it here and there, but as everyone knows, I'm lazy and not fond of mixing for the sake of the adventure, so I don't get very far trying something knew with it once every six to eight weeks :giggle:

Yes, I am on the weak and pathetic side as a mixer :D
the official title of the person on the other side of the spectrum of the obsessive mixer is "Master Tester" not weak and pathetic. we work in the same building just you get the desk job and I get stuck in the kitchen. hahahahaha

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I just added 1% taffy base to what I thought was a 30ml sample of RF Grape. tasted like crap.... what the heck happened to this... look at the bottle oh well hey this says RF Yummberry. take another hit, not to shabby haha. like drinking a coke when in your head you think its sprite. fresh shake and vape Caps has more texture but its also strawberry not just plain taffy. I can see mixed right this RF may be able to pull off a taffy. Ive also noticed RF seems weaker shake and vape than it does after a night of sitting. still not as powerful as I was imagining in my head for being a super concentrate but I have no real opinion on RF yet.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just added 1% taffy base to what I thought was a 30ml sample of RF Grape. tasted like crap.... what the heck happened to this... look at the bottle oh well hey this says RF Yummberry. take another hit, not to shabby haha. like drinking a coke when in your head you think its sprite. fresh shake and vape Caps has more texture but its also strawberry not just plain taffy. I can see mixed right this RF may be able to pull off a taffy. Ive also noticed RF seems weaker shake and vape than it does after a night of sitting. still not as powerful as I was imagining in my head for being a super concentrate but I have no real opinion on RF yet.

they are alcohol flavorings, shake and vape does not even resemble what they become after some breathing and/or a 30 day steep

EarnestAccord

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
really? It is the only taffy concentrate I have tried but at 2.5% single flavor test it seemed quite authentic to me and I have lots of future tests planned for it with other RF fruits and creams.
Well, a bit dramatic, there is a flavor. Kind of generic fruit type sweetness, a funny metalic like sharpness, but all very much in the background. Dunno..

VU Sponsors