Review of AUGVAPE Merlin Mini Atomizer

Cacuqecig

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Augvape Merlin Mini RTA is a smart device for the smokers who does not like large ecig devices, it is smart and very convenient in design and performs brilliantly. The device is best for the flavor chasers and cloud chasers, it is small and ease enough for both old and beginner to use. Augvape's Merlin Mini RTA arrives as one of the most well balanced platforms available today, providing excellent flexibility by including both single and dual coil build deck bases alongside a quality compact chassis that excels at both flavor and vapor production.

Augvape includes an adapter that screws into the center air intake and restricts the air flow by half, transforming the Merlin into a mouth-to-lung tank. That’s a nod to a segment of the vaping community (MTL vapers) that is typically left out of the higher-power, direct-lung-inhale, sub-ohm world. In fairness, though, the adapter strikes me as a jury-rigged solution that’s less than ideal. Kudos to Augvape and Roxy for trying, but I’d look elsewhere for a real MTL tank. The device comes with single coil build deck initially, while the Merlin Mini RTA supports dual coil build deck for the smokers who likes to run high wattage builds. For optimal heat resistance and good conductivity both decks are good also it has gold plated brass contact and PEEK insulators so it does not matters which one user choose to vape.

Is this altered Velocity deck design superior to the standard layout? I wouldn’t suggest that it’s necessarily better, just different and simpler. For a single-coil build, though, it’s perfect. By placing the coil at the center of the deck, large diameter coils (4mm or perhaps even 5 mm) can be used, which is great. Overall the Augvape has attractive and short design, which contains bottom square adjustable airflow inlets and ease top filling system, the device measuring 42.3mm in total height. The Merlin Mini measures 24mm in diameter and holds a maximum capacity of 2 milliliters which is filled via a threaded top fill system. The Merlin Mini further expands Augvape's original Merlin platform that focused on extensive flavor orientated output, including three internal airflow settings adjusted through the innovative threaded airflow condenser system.

The Merlin Mini also includes a dual coil deck, featuring two 2mm by 2.5mm terminals integrated into each post that allow for more vapor orientated configurations. Dual 12mm by 2mm adjustable airslots located around the base of the Merlin Mini feed the entire system, providing ample airflow for either build deck. Affordable, versatile, and machined with excellent precision, Augvape's Merlin Mini Two Post Flavor RTA bridges the gap between a full featured flavor atomizer and a performance system within a compact form factor.

Another nice touch is that the Augvape includes a Notch Coil in the package. Be careful, though. The legs of the Notch Coil are a bit thin in gauge, as I found out. All the other features we’ve come to expect are included in the Merlin’s design — a PEEK insulator, top fill, adjustable eliquid flow, and adjustable dual bottom air intake slots. The Merlin Mini further expands Augvape's original Merlin platform that focused on extensive flavor orientated output, including three internal airflow settings adjusted through the innovative threaded airflow condenser system. The single coil build deck features a two post design with a single 2mm by 2mm terminal integrated within each post.

The aforementioned airflow can be adjusted to three distinct settings, ranging from mouth to lung and flavor centric 1.5mm and 2mm bores, to a more airflow friendly 4.5mm full bore. The Merlin Mini also includes a dual coil deck, featuring two 2mm by 2.5mm terminals integrated into each post that allow for more vapor orientated configurations. Dual 12mm by 2mm adjustable airslots located around the base of the Merlin Mini feed the entire system, providing ample airflow for either build deck. Affordable, versatile, and machined with excellent precision, Augvape's Merlin Mini Two Post Flavor RTA bridges the gap between a full featured flavor atomizer and a performance system within a compact form factor.

The various rings of the base frustrated me some. The base has three sections: the base itself, which secures the deck to the tank with threads, the eliquid flow control ring, and the air intake adjustment ring. I had some trouble getting everything where it should be when attaching the Merlin to a mod. So be sure when you screw on your tank and adjust the air intake that the eliquid flow holes remain open. In practicality, the Merlin works best with a single-coil build. While the deck will allow dual coils (in a stacked arrangement), that’s a bit wonky, since the single air hole will not aerate both coils sufficiently or evenly — the bottom coil will get the lion’s share of air flow. So, I consider the Merlin to be a single-coil RTA.

VU Sponsors