Become a Patron!

Review- Kanger Aerotank Mega BDC 3.8ml Adjustable Airflow Glass Tank

LimeB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This thing is really high quality, feels like class as soon as you open the box.
Everything fits really precisely, the air flow control give excellent control. It twists smoothly and you can pretty much control the air flow any way you like.
It is fairly weighty.
It included is a steel tank as well as the glass. No flooding or leaking probs yet but I only got it today.
A little pricey, but the quality shouts at me.Looks classy.
Has a spare coil in the box. It is all enclosed. I wonder what coils will set me back when/ if I need them.
It is a 510 connection tank. ( that is the small connection right?)
and has a " beauty ring" to look nicer if on a dual ego/510 type connector .
It comes apart into many pieces. When I unscrewed the base to fill it I unscrewed the bit direct under the glass tank, but you are supposed to unscrew the bit under that where the coils is, in order to fill it to max level. It is still ok to do what I did though, you just can't fill it completely as the centre tube will be too short, part of it belonging to the bit I just unscrewed. Oh well, next time.
I just pull the drip tip out and it fits nice and snug, I may replace it with a plastic or other tip later as it is pretty cold on the lips due to the low ambient temp here at the moment.

All in all very happy ATM, this tank feels excellent to vape from, but I reserve final judgement for a few weeks time because I think, as I have had a bad run with cheaper tanks so far, and I am still new to this. I also got some smaller tanks and an Ego v3 mega battery, so I will change up a few combos of battery and tanks and see how tings compare. For the price I may decide that the protank 3 mini or protank ( arrived in the same awesome mail today :)) are more my thing, I love the mini so far.
This Mega would certainly be suited to a big night out with the mates or party or something, if I don't want to change flavours a bit .

Last edited:

LimeB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, this has started to flood. It has ended up with juice in the air intake ring section, and the coil area , so that if inverted there is juice in the tip too. Is it a coil issue or an O ring ? I will try to find out.

StaceyL

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This thing is really high quality, feels like class as soon as you open the box.
Everything fits really precisely, the air flow control give excellent control. It twists smoothly and you can pretty much control the air flow any way you like.
It is fairly weighty.
It included is a steel tank as well as the glass. No flooding or leaking probs yet but I only got it today.
A little pricey, but the quality shouts at me.Looks classy.
Has a spare coil in the box. It is all enclosed. I wonder what coils will set me back when/ if I need them.
It is a 510 connection tank. ( that is the small connection right?)
and has a " beauty ring" to look nicer if on a dual ego/510 type connector .
It comes apart into many pieces. When I unscrewed the base to fill it I unscrewed the bit direct under the glass tank, but you are supposed to unscrew the bit under that where the coils is, in order to fill it to max level. It is still ok to do what I did though, you just can't fill it completely as the centre tube will be too short, part of it belonging to the bit I just unscrewed. Oh well, next time.
I just pull the drip tip out and it fits nice and snug, I may replace it with a plastic or other tip later as it is pretty cold on the lips due to the low ambient temp here at the moment.

All in all very happy ATM, this tank feels excellent to vape from, but I reserve final judgement for a few weeks time because I think, as I have had a bad run with cheaper tanks so far, and I am still new to this. I also got some smaller tanks and an Ego v3 mega battery, so I will change up a few combos of battery and tanks and see how tings compare. For the price I may decide that the protank 3 mini or protank ( arrived in the same awesome mail today :)) are more my thing, I love the mini so far.
This Mega would certainly be suited to a big night out with the mates or party or something, if I don't want to change flavours a bit .

Get an airflow control valve and put on the bottom of that protank, it will make you like it that much more.

LimeB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Flooded again last night. I was sick of wasting juice by blowing it out into a tissue., so ended up vaping from the air inlet hole. Works an absolute treat.

robtest

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
after reading this, I decided to break mine out of the packaging. I have been using one of the new giant aeroflow tanks for about a week and a half now on my new Seven30 mod and love it with the .8 ohm sub-ohm coil. Been using iClear30 tanks for the last year and a half, Vivi Nova tanks before that...

First impressions are the threads are really tight... I thought I might have accidentally stripped them it was so hard to screw the tank back together, but then I thought, stainless steel, not bloody likely... I do like the bigger circumference of the giant aerotank. Much easier to take apart.

Having read about your flooding issue, I was concerned when I juiced it up and turned it back upright... The stainless bottom part of the tank holds 3/4 of the juice that the glass part does, but it doesn't seem to be flooding like yours has, but of course, it has only been a couple hours now...

LimeB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am wondering if this is a heat related issue? Perhaps after a fair bit of use heat has built up, some joint is letting air or fluid past?

tpsimonton

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Are you still using the mega? I found it almost unusable compared to the nautilus. I just can't get the vApor I get from the nautilua. I like the look and quality but not enough vApor any suggestions?

Celcius666

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I like the KangerTech Aerotank Mega with 0,8 and 1,0 ohm's coils wery much, only ones had it flooded but after a clean up there was no more flooding.. only thing I have to say "bad" about it is that when I put juice in it an screw it together again it looks that's it's isn't full because the juice is going down in the buttom and it's a shame that almost all the glas tank is empty. I think it's a little waste of space.. but eny way I like tha tank.

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I have the KangerTech Aerotank Mega and the Aspire Nautilus. I like them both, but I like the Aerotank best. I didn't think I would say that after using the Nautilus, but I get better flavor, and better vapor from the Aerotank. I have had no problems with flooding at all and I've been using it for a couple of months. I use the 1.6ohm and some 1.0ohm coils and like them both. I don't like the "extra" space in the tank, but it's only looks. I'm loving mine and seldom use the Nautilus anymore.

ToxicSludge

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
First thing to do when unpackaging a new AeroTank Mega is make sure the coil is screwed in tight.Some are just in there with only a few threads,so check that.If it still gurgles and floods,replace the coil with the other one that came in the box.I have had some new coils that wouldn't make the seal properly.Replacment coils: I use the protank 3 dc's and they work much better,and they are cheaper too I think.

VU Sponsors