Become a Patron!

Reuleaux RX200 w/ Velocity rda

Etown smoke

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm sure I'm not the only one who has a couple Reuleaux's with velocities on them. The only drippers I have are velocities, 4 of them lol. My question is what is everyone's preference for flavor builds? I've tried horizontal, vertical, twisted, claptons, and currently have both a horizontal and vertical dual parallel 24g kanthan/24g nichrome 80 with 1 extra wrap on the nichrome so both ends are matching. Let's here some other favorites

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I run the exact same setup. These are giving me great flavor. Even at .17ohm at 90 watts which is what this build is. Its 24/32g Clapton paralleled with 24g, 5 wraps at 3mm ID wicked with rayon. Flavor is really good for such a low build even with the Velocity wide open. Probably the best flavor I have got between this setup and the twisted I usually run.image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

VapeVillian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In my v2, I run a single 5 wrap 2.5mm alien (3x 26g ni80 w/ 40g ni80 wrap) coil through the middle and then pull it tight as high as I can. I usually get about 1/5 of the coil above the posts. It's literally Vapor straight to your mouth!

I'm my original Velocity, I usually run dual aliens 6wraps around 3.5mm. But, currently, I'm trying out this transformer coil. Not sure that I like it much though. Spun up some tidal wire this morning to replace it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Etown smoke

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
image.jpeg I'm now rocking a quad could set up in one, 24g ni80 14 wraps at 3mm great vape but its time to make some fancy coils. Got another with a dual fused clapton 24g ni80 cores wrapped with 34g k1, very nice but liking the quads better

Tom19841

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Running a 6 wrap staple coil in my Velocity V2. I think the Velocity works well with most builds, but excels with hotter builds with the indirect airflow open about half way and the coils positioned just above the horizontal air slots. Allows the hotter builds to retain all the flavor, but at a cooler temperature because the indirect airflow. Very dense vape, extremely flavor, and NO spitback.

Flightmedic76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just use simple dual 26/ 32 Claptons at 3mm, and sometimes in parallel with some 26-28g. I run around 65-70 watts with the "eyes" fully open, and the "mouth" about half way. I know there are better builds, but I like to keep it fairly simple, and it works well for me. I run bigger builds on my Double Vision because the post holes are gigantic, but the Velocity is still easier to build on.

I run the exact same setup. These are giving me great flavor. Even at .17ohm at 90 watts which is what this build is. Its 24/32g Clapton paralleled with 24g, 5 wraps at 3mm ID wicked with rayon. Flavor is really good for such a low build even with the Velocity wide open. Probably the best flavor I have got between this setup and the twisted I usually run.View attachment 45088 View attachment 45089 View attachment 45090
Beautiful set up.

rickycal78

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
View attachment 46064 I'm now rocking a quad could set up in one, 24g ni80 14 wraps at 3mm great vape but its time to make some fancy coils. Got another with a dual fused clapton 24g ni80 cores wrapped with 34g k1, very nice but liking the quads better

I had a quad coil setup almost exactly like that, except I had 25g Kanthal at 10 wraps and 3mm. I've since swapped that out for a pair of zipper coils made with 26g Kanthal. I do get a bit more flavor out of the zipper coils than I did the quad coils, but not quite as much vapor.

Joshhm9x

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
75add5cc4b28b002cf1faf17e9ea4460.jpg
61482f78ff027b0928fc7847222e8c57.jpg

These are the 2 builds I love in any velocity styled build deck.

Edit: When I get home I can share the wire I used in both the dragon skin and my Mohawk builds.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

idjekyll

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
75add5cc4b28b002cf1faf17e9ea4460.jpg
61482f78ff027b0928fc7847222e8c57.jpg

These are the 2 builds I love in any velocity styled build deck.

Edit: When I get home I can share the wire I used in both the dragon skin and my Mohawk builds.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BRUTAL

Psyc

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I have about 4 velocitys 5 glacier ll and just picked up the mutation x v5 and the flavor from that is amazing. using clapton coils 6 wraps 3mm 26,32

VU Sponsors