Become a Patron!

Resident Lurker

VapeJunkie

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
Where to begin? I guess I'll start with Hello from the state of West Virginia. Been vaping since Feb. 11th 2011. Before that I was a smoker since late 1991. When you put it in those terms, I basically quit smoking right before getting my 20 year smokers chip and a case of black lungs. lol

Since then I have been vaping rather it be a cigalike, mech mod, box mod, dripper, tank, you name it, I probably vaped it. Regardless of what mods I have used, I am about 3 months a way from being smoke free for 9 years. With that said I am so envious to be here and thankful to the people before me that helped me get to this point.

I must also give thanks to so many of you here rather I met you on ECF, Reddit, or here at VU. Between the great stories of how many quit smoking, the great DIY threads and recipes, even the news and how I stay up to date on the latest things my Govt. wants to control, it's been a blessing to have it all under one roof.

Like I said, I have been a member of a few forums and it's a shame I decided to be a lurker for so long. I could blame it on being active at another forums only to have rule changes or higher ups getting a little power hungry and dismissing people for being vocal about it. Like many of you it sucked to put forth an effort and have it all wiped away for such trivial dribble. I could say that but then I take a long look around and see so many of you made this your home and it didn't deter you in any way.

I applaud you guys that made the same journey. It also makes me realize, just how special not only the site is, but the people who are members here that make it as special as it has become over the years. It's a true testament to have such a great membership. I'm just lucky to be a member and witness it all. So thank you. Thank you all. I promise not to remain a resident lurker anymore.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Where to begin? I guess I'll start with Hello from the state of West Virginia. Been vaping since Feb. 11th 2011. Before that I was a smoker since late 1991. When you put it in those terms, I basically quit smoking right before getting my 20 year smokers chip and a case of black lungs. lol

Since then I have been vaping rather it be a cigalike, mech mod, box mod, dripper, tank, you name it, I probably vaped it. Regardless of what mods I have used, I am about 3 months a way from being smoke free for 9 years. With that said I am so envious to be here and thankful to the people before me that helped me get to this point.

I must also give thanks to so many of you here rather I met you on ECF, Reddit, or here at VU. Between the great stories of how many quit smoking, the great DIY threads and recipes, even the news and how I stay up to date on the latest things my Govt. wants to control, it's been a blessing to have it all under one roof.

Like I said, I have been a member of a few forums and it's a shame I decided to be a lurker for so long. I could blame it on being active at another forums only to have rule changes or higher ups getting a little power hungry and dismissing people for being vocal about it. Like many of you it sucked to put forth an effort and have it all wiped away for such trivial dribble. I could say that but then I take a long look around and see so many of you made this your home and it didn't deter you in any way.

I applaud you guys that made the same journey. It also makes me realize, just how special not only the site is, but the people who are members here that make it as special as it has become over the years. It's a true testament to have such a great membership. I'm just lucky to be a member and witness it all. So thank you. Thank you all. I promise not to remain a resident lurker anymore.

Lovely post. Welcome to VU!

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
the light maybe bright but you get used to it Welcome :D From out of the shadows

VapeJunkie

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
Thank you guys for the warm reception. It's sad it took the whole assault on vaping recently to got me out of the shadows here. Finally started posting in the Banthis threads. Give me a little time and I will venture out.

Is your uncle the Mothman? :)
Good seeing you even if he is. :)

I did want to say, while I reside in WV, I was born and raised in the state of VA. That's important because while the Mothman may be a family descendant in some way or another (most likely the country bumpkin side that were raised in WV), I was raised in the city. With that being said I do own a few licenses for fishing and hunting deer, but not for humans like the Mothman and a few police officers must have. Hope that answers your question. lol

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I did want to say, while I reside in WV, I was born and raised in the state of VA. That's important because while the Mothman may be a family descendant in some way or another (most likely the country bumpkin side that were raised in WV), I was raised in the city. With that being said I do own a few licenses for fishing and hunting deer, but not for humans like the Mothman and a few police officer may have. Hope that answers your question. lol

Well, I too have come to WV as a transplant. Born in FL, lived in VA most of life with trips back to FL then out to IL for brief stays. Got back to VA, met a lady back here over the 'net. Been here long enough now to be dubbed a Hillbilly.

VapeJunkie

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
Well, I too have come to WV as a transplant. Born in FL, lived in VA most of life with trips back to FL then out to IL for brief stays. Got back to VA, met a lady back here over the 'net. Been here long enough now to be dubbed a Hillbilly.

Damn. Them WV women are the death of us all.... lol

Maybe it was the allure of WVU being the party college of the nation back in the day. Whatever the case, they know how to add a little country to our rock and roll. Now if you hear banjos along the way to meet the parents, I say to run fast and run far away.... LMAO

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to VU! :cheers:

Good to have you around, experience is always welcome. I'm coming up on 6 years soon with probably close to the same journey, except for the WV part. I'll see you around the forum as I already have!

VU Sponsors