Become a Patron!

Resessed firing button Mods

Vaping1ArmedBandit

VU Live Host
Looking for a couple "good" 18650 and 26650 Mods with recessed firing button, don't like locking the mod every time I put it down...... ty in advance :)

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The panzer has a locking ring, but it isn't needed as the button is flush with the base of the mod, I never use the locking ring on mine and never had it fire when set down.

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Paragon. And the just released Paragon clone not only has a recessed button, but also comes with magnetic upgrade.

who has them?????

Crocky

Member For 4 Years
I have several recessed button mods and the 4nine is my favorite. Love my panzer clone too but it does not get the attention it use too. I actually have it listed for sale.
The cronus is not a recessed button but it is super easy switch and I can lock it with one hand. It has a different kind of locking ring on it. Very nice IMO.

RynoSerious

Likes Turtles
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
Show Host
VU Live Host
I hear the magnetic design of the 4-9 is pretty groundbreaking.. My self i would recommend a hades, or the new hammer mod from EHPro for an inexpensive big body mod (26650)

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Biomech by MCV has a recessed bottom firing button and reverse threaded lock ring. Button action is smooth as silk.

I'm all about my recessed button mods and I suggest looking no further than the Vanilla mech. I absolutely love the button. I also own the Panzer (don't like magnets on it though) and the RaiVapes Launcher V2. All three are great recessed button mods. The Paragon is a winner too!

HiTechRedneck

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's called a 2sixOTE="Crocky, post: 22364, member: 4442"]Just saw last night a 26650 4nine :eek:[/QUOTE]
Its

bobby.q

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got the launcher v2 from fasttech with logo $21 stealthy in 350 mode
y9egajyn.jpg

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
NILLA FTW, especially with the magnets, short throw, solid workhorse mod. reverse locking ring and recessed button.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I echo the Copper Cartel Limited Edition clone by infinite. I own 2, largely because I got such a good deal, but I like it enough I wanted a home one, and a work/don't care if it gets scratched etc... mod. The recessed button is great, and the 3.99 upgrade spring from Cartel fits and is a worthy addition, to say the least. It's good out of the box, but the spring makes it that much better. Don't order the pin upgrade, though, they don't fit the clone.

I'll just say that it's put my Akuma clone, and Stingray clone sitting together and lonely since I got it. Truly an excellent mod, and infinite really did a good job.

Looking for a couple "good" 18650 and 26650 Mods with recessed firing button, don't like locking the mod every time I put it down...... ty in advance :)
The vanilla is a really nice 18650 mod, look into the 29 by BayCityVapor, also known as the XXIX, it has a recessed firing button (really nice button setup imo) and a hybrid top cap. Almost no voltage drop because of direct atty to battery connection, it's a good 18650 mech mod, kinda pricey tho... But isnt everything pricey nowadays?
But I will note one thing, and I have yet to find out my answer, although what I am about to say sounds plausible I am still skeptical, me and a friend of mine were discussing something along these lines...the XXIX does not conduct REAL current like the Sir Lancelot, or the Vanilla because it has a hybrid top, so to a certain degree the circuit (being the mod) is incomplete. But the XXIX seems to hit just as hard as any of the other copper mods out there, and is definitely underrated. I own one and I have to say I am impressed with this device. If anybody could enlighten me about this issue that would be great, I dont know much about electrical...not yet anyways

Hello Calibear, I joined just to clear this up for you.

The vanilla is a really nice 18650 mod, look into the 29 by BayCityVapor, also known as the XXIX, it has a recessed firing button (really nice button setup imo) and a hybrid top cap. Almost no voltage drop because of direct atty to battery connection, it's a good 18650 mech mod, kinda pricey tho... But isnt everything pricey nowadays?
But I will note one thing, and I have yet to find out my answer, although what I am about to say sounds plausible I am still skeptical, me and a friend of mine were discussing something along these lines...the XXIX does not conduct REAL current like the Sir Lancelot, or the Vanilla because it has a hybrid top, so to a certain degree the circuit (being the mod) is incomplete. But the XXIX seems to hit just as hard as any of the other copper mods out there, and is definitely underrated. I own one and I have to say I am impressed with this device. If anybody could enlighten me about this issue that would be great, I dont know much about electrical...not yet anyways

Now, this is not accurate, no mod that I know of is a complete circuit on its own, (unless it is shorting out somewhere). The XXIX has the most potential of the mods listed to be a complete circuit if the positive end of the battery is making contact with the mod itself, then it will short out and complete the circuit when the firing button is closed (pushed in), which is very bad. The circuit is typically supposed to be complete in any, and dare I say all mods, once the atomizer with a coil in it is attached giving a route for the current to pass from the positive to negative end of the battery. What the XXIX and 4nine and others with a hybrid top cap are doing is attempting to reduce contact points. The more contact points the more likely there will be dirt, oxidization, poor contact and because of this it will create heat and energy loss or a "voltage drop". So in fact the XXIX attempts to tackle this problem by having less contact points to allow for more current to flow ie; less voltage drop. The XXIX approach is more for performance and not safety, so be careful not to short your battery out.

SkyLine

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The 18650 Signum by contrabida customs was the best mod I ever owned, hits extremely hard and had a real nice recessed button and no lock ring.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Dynast 26650 by Ehpro. Affordable and solid mod.

TamiPac

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's called a 2sixOTE="Crocky, post: 22364, member: 4442"]Just saw last night a 26650 4nine :eek:
Its[/QUOTE]
They come listed as 4Nine AND 2Six, different models as you can see in the design on the bottom.

I have 4Nines, Tesla M7, Panzer, Silver Dragon, Chi You Megan and Big Nasty all bottom firing. My question is...which 26650 do you know of with an extremely easy fire? I am starting to get old and the hands aren't what they used to be, my 4Nines are trying to break my pinky to fire them so they are sitting on a shelf!

Last edited:

BabyFartsMcGeezax

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Love the 4nine and 2six..
2305976644218c5154d810092c9ff46d.jpg

I've had a male- ss&bronze type button and cap- in service for over 6 months. No issues.. just a lot of white vinegar...lol..

The 2six and 4nine prime won't have any issues like the male and female 4nines do...the copper doesn't have the galvanic corrosion issue either..so

2six, prime, or copper 4nine won't require dielectric grease and a good bit of cleaning.

How much cash you have? I'm not one for expensive mods, but this is worth $200..reactor with vape jams atty.
17305ac2c4b4b3674fc7585cb5c25f8b.jpg

Dirty button
fd1326ca5d2f99d6507259a577465826.jpg

When I can afford it.. I'm getting one..:) lol..I gotta get a reo first, after the other night. Lol...dripping was really hard.haha.:)

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
My favourites are my 29 (xxix) and my 4nine...also the SMPL

VU Sponsors