Become a Patron!

Research

Kiera

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm looking for some websites, and help from anyone who has good insight, to educate myself on the best setup for myself. I am still new to vaping and don't know exactly what some of the differences are between what is out there. So if anyone has a place I can learn more and or can tell me please let me know and thanks.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Kiera

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Right now I'm trying to learn what type of battery would be best for me since I have no clue the differences. I have seen you can change certain settings on certain batteries. The ohm setting I believe but I don't know what that means could you fill me in?

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I agree with Whiskey, there is tons of info on this forum.
One of the easier ways to find info is to read threads that other new vapors have posted asking questions about various things.

Kiera

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am wondering what the variable voltage and variable wattage changes

Kiera

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm thinking about buying a innokin itaste vv v3.0 battery has anyone used one?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm thinking about buying a innokin itaste vv v3.0 battery has anyone used one?

Reading the specifications of the device, I don't think the battery will last long. I had two starter devices with a 1200mAh battery, and I barely made it through the day without recharging.

Kiera

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So that won't work for me

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have a vv3. As much as I love it, it doesn't last all day. I use it at home and just leave it plugged into the charger while I used it. (unplugged when I'm not home). When I'm out and about, it's not gonna last. My MVP (older one) will last me more than a day, the iStick will last more than a day and I have a couple 1300mAh ego batteries that last throughout the day. The only replaceable battery I have is in a provari (older one).

Ohms are in relation to the coils that you use.

Kiera

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Alright with you saying all that what would you recommend for a battery that gets charged when it will be used on the go all day long?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'd say at least 1300 mAh if you're going with a device that IS a battery. There are others higher than that. Replaceable batteries are rechargeable and also good. Many people prefer those.

Kiera

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How long do those last give or take you think? And can you give me an example of a few types of good ones

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If you want an ego type (stick battery), I've had great luck with my Tesla Spider. I got it at Discount Vapers. If you want a box type, the iStick is good. It's 2200 mAh?? Someone correct me, please, if I'm wrong. Sucker lasts more than a day and I love it.

Getting into devices that use replaceable/rechargeable batteries.... someone else will need to chime in. I like box mods, but have a provari. Heavy, well made, great for what it's supposed to do, but is lower on the scale of what more advanced vapers want these days. That doesn't mean I don't like it, I do. I like the feel of a box mod.

Kiera

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've been looking at the istick so I might have to go with one of those then

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The 20watt is a rechargeable battery, itself. The 30 and the 50 watt both take a rechargeable/replaceable battery, which means you'd need the proper batteries and a charger. How much power you choose, is up to you. I'm fine with the 20 watt.

Kiera

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How big of a difference does the wattage make while being used?

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Quite a bit of difference, it is how much power is supplied to the coil in the atomizer. A Nautilus tank runs well at 12-15 watts, a smaller ego tank like a CE5 runs well at 5-9 watts. For a beginning vaper, I suggest a simple kit like an Ego One with 1 ohm coils. No watts or volts to worry about, and it does perform well. http://101vape.com/variable-voltagewattage-devices/601-joyetech-ego-one-2200-mah.html

This setup will give you enough power for a day or more, plus it has the option to use lower ohm (0.5 ohm) coil heads which will produce a LOT more vapor should you want it.

I have one and use it a lot, it's simple, easy to fill, simple to charge (just charge it via the micro usb port). Take a look and let me know what you think.

Last edited:

Kiera

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I believe im getting a nautilus tank

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Let me ask this..........

What is your budget all in?

Also what brand and how much do you smoke.?

Kiera

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Budget is not crazy expensive but not a cheap one that will only last a few times. I am/was a pack a day smoker and was smoking camel menthols

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay, quick summary of a handful of things...

Voltage and Wattage are both ways of adjusting power - volts are a "messier" way of looking at things, watts are the end result. To spare you a science lecture, the more of either you have, the more power you drive to your coil and the more (or hotter) your vape gets, up to the point you start burning your wicks.

Adjusting power delivery can make a huge difference - don't use enough power and you won't heat your coil up enough to vaporize liquid. Too much and you risk burning your wick and getting a "dry hit." You don't want one of these.

@Zamazam is right in that Nautiluses are right at home in the 12-15 watt range, you'll want to play around a little bit once you get your device and see what works for you.

I've stopped recommending the iStick lately, I bought a 50 watt version and it's had several issues. Many others have reported other issues, ranging from the annoying (rattling buttons, poor electrical connections) to the downright dangerous (mods catching fire while charging). Most of these problems seem related to the 50, so you might be okay with a 20 or 30 - either will deliver plenty of power to make a Nautilus work nicely.

All of the iSticks have fixed, non-replaceable batteries - could be nice for the simplicity, could be a problem because you've essentially got to trash your mod once the battery dies. You might want to look into a replaceable battery mod - the cost is a little higher up front for a device, batteries, and charger instead of just a device on its own, but then you'll have the batteries to use on other devices, or if you stick with just one you can replace a $6 battery instead of a $50 mod once the cell dies. I know @UncleRJ is a big fan of the Sigelei 30 watt box - I have a Sig 100 and have loved it so far.

Kiera

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you for explaining that about the watts and voltage I couldn't figure out if I wanted one that messed with that or not. And I'll have to look at those for with replaceable batteries then I would rather spend a little more up front than alot more later on

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Seriously? OK, I'm SO sorry about the misinformation on the 30 and 50 watt ones. I didn't realize those 2 were batteries themselves. Thanks for the info @OBDave. Very good info.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Okay, quick summary of a handful of things...

Voltage and Wattage are both ways of adjusting power - volts are a "messier" way of looking at things, watts are the end result. To spare you a science lecture, the more of either you have, the more power you drive to your coil and the more (or hotter) your vape gets, up to the point you start burning your wicks.

Adjusting power delivery can make a huge difference - don't use enough power and you won't heat your coil up enough to vaporize liquid. Too much and you risk burning your wick and getting a "dry hit." You don't want one of these.

@Zamazam is right in that Nautiluses are right at home in the 12-15 watt range, you'll want to play around a little bit once you get your device and see what works for you.

I've stopped recommending the iStick lately, I bought a 50 watt version and it's had several issues. Many others have reported other issues, ranging from the annoying (rattling buttons, poor electrical connections) to the downright dangerous (mods catching fire while charging). Most of these problems seem related to the 50, so you might be okay with a 20 or 30 - either will deliver plenty of power to make a Nautilus work nicely.

All of the iSticks have fixed, non-replaceable batteries - could be nice for the simplicity, could be a problem because you've essentially got to trash your mod once the battery dies. You might want to look into a replaceable battery mod - the cost is a little higher up front for a device, batteries, and charger instead of just a device on its own, but then you'll have the batteries to use on other devices, or if you stick with just one you can replace a $6 battery instead of a $50 mod once the cell dies. I know @UncleRJ is a big fan of the Sigelei 30 watt box - I have a Sig 100 and have loved it so far.

Yep, I do love my 30 watt Sigelei Mini for stealth vaping in public.

But I also love my Sigelei 100 watt for not in public:D

VU Sponsors