Become a Patron!

replacement coils aren't the same.

mud3

Member For 4 Years
I got me and my wife both voopoo drag s pro's a few weeks ago with a box of replacement coils at our local shop. The coils are both labeled tpp dm4 but look different. The verification code checks out but I can't find any information on this.

The coils that came in the kit have inlet holes and and a bottom that look like this:original tpp dm4.jpg

and the replacement coils have inlet holes and a bottom that look like this:new tpp dm4.jpg

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Which type of coil assembly works better for you? If needed, below is an image of what I consider "coil head assembly".

Kanger-Protank-3-BCC-Glass-Clearomizer3-2_wm.jpg

The actual coils are placed in a "housing". A lot of manufactures and tank style atomizers use "assemblies" as their version/notion of "drop in coils". Sizes, styles of these vary and are very subjective.

The bottom line to them, however, is that they all provide the same basic function. That function is to hold the wire core coil, which heats the vaping juice to atomize it as vapor. Unless such an assembly is considered an RBA deck style, these also use what are called micro coils.

Such coils for me were a PITA to try rebuilding. Others may find micro coils easy to build & insert into assemblies. If that works for you, please enjoy, with or without my permission.

I'll stick with RDAs and macro coils. That is the joy of vaping. We can use what works for ourselves. That comes full circle to the question I asked atop of the post.

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I got me and my wife both voopoo drag s pro's a few weeks ago with a box of replacement coils at our local shop. The coils are both labeled tpp dm4 but look different. The verification code checks out but I can't find any information on this.

The coils that came in the kit have inlet holes and and a bottom that look like this:View attachment 203950

and the replacement coils have inlet holes and a bottom that look like this:View attachment 203951

Do both types of coils fit in the tanks you're using?

If so, they could just have been redesigned and produced at different times in the factory. It's not unheard of for manufacturers to make changes like that over time. The TPP coil design is still fairly new, if I'm not mistaken.

If not, then one box could be labeled wrong. Or the resistance of the two types of coils might be different (I'd doubt that since they're both labeled DM4).

I can't say specifically because all the Drag pod mods I have are X (not the Pro) or HD80, and they use PNP coils.

If they both work and they vape ok and don't leak, I wouldn't worry about it. If you have a problem that you can't solve, call the shop and get their advice - or possibly ask them to exchange the coils in the separate box, if they're unusable.

VU Sponsors