Become a Patron!

Replace Battery

Okey. I have a (maybe) stupid Idea.
On evenings and home office i always sit in front of my computer and vape and the damn Battery changing and charging is killing me ......
In thought why not kind of replace the battery with power supply.
Idea is:
buy this:
- PS3020 (http://komerci.de/shop/product_info...ge=en&osCsid=bc0d1effde3abef48be621fa8cc974e4)
and replace the battery in the vtc mini (http://www.joyetech.com/product/evic-vtc-mini/?age-verified=ff2b0ac7f6)
i always vape on max 70 watt with coils from 0.15 to 0.5 Ohm.
or is there a better solution to be independent from battery life if only sitting in front of the computer ?
Can anyone tell me if my idea is even possible (and how safe XD) ?
Is there a buyable alternative that solves what i am asking for ?

I would really appreciate your help :)

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm fairly sure I saw a post about this in the last month. I don't know if it could be done, but it's a clever idea. This is how progress is made.

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Personally I would feel weird being plugged into a thing on the desk with big cables, but yeah theoretically it should work if you have a big enough power supply and big enough cables (would need to be fairly thick cables). You probably want to get one with some headroom though, I would say 30A minimum. You're around 25A or so if you're doing it in a single battery mod. If you were to do it in a two battery series mod then you're more like 13A so the 20A supply might work.

All theoretical of course.

nlt2836

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's only a 20A power supply. You would need to make sure you stayed well below max amps, I doubt the power supply would last long suppling close to the max amp current.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
ahh, the tethered vape idea comes around again. There have been quite a few ideas, some products, but they just never took off. One plugged in to the cig lighter in your car.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Simple solution for you @D0lneaz is to get a pass-thru device like a simple iStick TC40W and vape away while plugged into a USB port. I speak from real world first hand experience because I own one and have done many times. When it was my only MOD I would do it continuously so I always left home with a fully charged rig. Now the problem for me is needing another 4 bay charger!

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You could always get an Innokin mod, which are safe to use in "pass-thru" mode.

Andria

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Safe to use does not mean that the battery will not run down while vaping.

To some extent, but I found that it puts it at about "break even" -- it won't get MORE charged while you use it in pass-thru mode, but it won't get any further discharged either. So when you need to get up and take it some other place, it still has some charge. If you start with a full charge, it won't be much depleted from that.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To some extent, but I found that it puts it at about "break even" -- it won't get MORE charged while you use it in pass-thru mode, but it won't get any further discharged either. So when you need to get up and take it some other place, it still has some charge. If you start with a full charge, it won't be much depleted from that.

Andria
Well yes but most people do not vape at 7 watts ;)

VU Sponsors