REO

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Announced: a batch of P67's going on sale 8/15.

Yeah, I'll have to really think hard on that - I really, really do not want to buy anything from vape sites until we see how the hammer is going to actually hit everyone.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, I'll have to really think hard on that - I really, really do not want to buy anything from vape sites until we see how the hammer is going to actually hit everyone.
By the time you've thought about it for a minute or two, they'll all be fucking gone lol

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
By the time you've thought about it for a minute or two, they'll all be fucking gone lol

I'll see when the time comes I guess - I was really hoping he'd have them up by now :(

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I agree. Also understand her point though. Me? Bah. I'm still recouping from the last big spree. See now that Mt. Baker will need ~$50 for 300ml instead of the ~$40 I used to get 240ml. Curious how another vendor will be handling things. Reckon I ought to look.

Analias

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's about time I got a squonker. You bottom feeders are all about the REO P67's , hunh?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
It's about time I got a squonker. You bottom feeders are all about the REO P67's , hunh?

You can use larger attys with the P67. The Grand and Grand LP limits you on atty size

LarryPer123

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If anyone wants to try a Reo , FocalEcig has the clone for $17 with coupon code "Happy"
I do have a real one but getting this to leave in the car :)

pierces32

Member For 4 Years
Finally caved and pickup a Reo Grande clone at Focal for $16 and change. Also ordered the Origen Little for $11 and since my order was over $20, I got an Abaddon clone for $7.90, Alien coils 10pcs @ .45ohms for $1.50. Not a bad haul for under $40. I'm going to sand down the Reo's catch cup to take larger atties and I'm going to sand the Abaddon's blue color off down to bare aluminum and maybe do an ink patina on it.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Finally caved and pickup a Reo Grande clone at Focal for $16 and change. Also ordered the Origen Little for $11 and since my order was over $20, I got an Abaddon clone for $7.90, Alien coils 10pcs @ .45ohms for $1.50. Not a bad haul for under $40. I'm going to sand down the Reo's catch cup to take larger atties and I'm going to sand the Abaddon's blue color off down to bare aluminum and maybe do an ink patina on it.

You can use an adapter with the Reo Grand style clones and avoid sanding / filing down the catch cup. One like this I believe will work. You need to look and see their center pins are open through & through. I am squonking using an adapter. Bought two Reo Grand clones, filed one down until I tried using the adapter on the other one. It's something what might save a little time, aesthetics.

Here is another adapter which will work. You might already have an iStick kit with that adapter. I had a similar one come with the Smok M22 I bought from Vaping Mall. Sorry, only offering a suggestion. You do what's right for you. :)

Last edited:

LarryPer123

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can use an adapter with the Reo Grand style clones and avoid sanding / filing down the catch cup. One like this I believe will work. You need to look and see their center pins are open through & through. I am squonking using an adapter. Bought two Reo Grand clones, filed one down until I tried using the adapter on the other one. It's something what might save a little time, aesthetics.

Here is another adapter which will work. You might already have an iStick kit with that adapter. I had a similar one come with the Smok M22 I bought from Vaping Mall. Sorry, only offering a suggestion. You do what's right for you. :)

Holy Shit
I have lots of those
They really work on a Reo?
Thanks a bunch

pierces32

Member For 4 Years

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to look through my parts box and see if I have one of those..
Update: Checked my parts box and I do have one that I think will work. I'll have to wait until I get the mod to see how well it works.

Last edited:

pierces32

Member For 4 Years
Question to anyone that has a Reo Grande clone, how low can you build safely on them before collapsing the spring? Also, have you modified the fire button to make it more comfortable?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Holy Shit
I have lots of those
They really work on a Reo?
Thanks a bunch

Yes they do, at least so far they seem to with using the Velocity 22mm decks. The juice will in deed go through them up into the RDA, then back down if you have too much in the well/s of the RDA. Though, I've noted some minor leaking via the air flow if I lay the Reo over on its side for any length. That to me is merely "silly user" error. I mention the 22mm decks because so far that's the size I've used. These might also handle 26 - 30mm decks, not used these though. Would think in principle they would work the same as the 22mm using the adapter/s.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Question to anyone that has a Reo Grande clone, how low can you build safely on them before collapsing the spring? Also, have you modified the fire button to make it more comfortable?

I kind of accidentally was vaping a 0.3 ohm coil set up, dual coils. This did not collapse the grounding spring on me. Rather happy though I did not blow up a battery. I'm sure doing low sub ohm can be done safely. I admit to erring as cautious though, do not like going below 0.6 ohm. Not done anything to the fire button. I did dab the fire arm and ground spring with some Ox-Gard goop. This helps improve conductivity & keeps the parts from oxidizing & wearing out so quickly. It's minimal maintenance I've decided upon every few weeks.

pierces32

Member For 4 Years
I kind of accidentally was vaping a 0.3 ohm coil set up, dual coils. This did not collapse the grounding spring on me. Rather happy though I did not blow up a battery. I'm sure doing low sub ohm can be done safely. I admit to erring as cautious though, do not like going below 0.6 ohm. Not done anything to the fire button. I did dab the fire arm and ground spring with some Ox-Gard goop. This helps improve conductivity & keeps the parts from oxidizing & wearing out so quickly. It's minimal maintenance I've decided upon every few weeks.
Cool, thanks for the info, I'll probably keep it above 0.5 ohm. Wondering if one of the nice brass fire button caps I see on a lot of legit Reo's would fit on the clone?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Cool, thanks for the info, I'll probably keep it above 0.5 ohm. Wondering if one of the nice brass fire button caps I see on a lot of legit Reo's would fit on the clone?

Eh, not keen to say for sure. Do not see why it wouldn't. Again though I'm not sure on that. Someone else might know better. I've just not had any desire to use a fire button cover.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I read that they won't
button is smaller
maybe with a shim

Well, like I said I wasn't sure. Might try application using J.B. Weld, that would act as a bit of a shim in a manner of speaking as well as provide assurance it will not come off easily.

KentA

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Reminder: Rumor has it that a batch of P67s are going on the block sometime tomorrow.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Still not up on the site :(

I sent Rob an email asking when...

KentA

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Still not up on the site :(

I sent Rob an email asking when...
I think you missed it. It started at 5pm & apparently they sold out quickly.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I was on right on time - went on a quarter till (12:45 my time)

I'm home sick, took a nap after nothing came on, woke up and still saw nothing :(

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was on right on time - went on a quarter till (12:45 my time)

I'm home sick, took a nap after nothing came on, woke up and still saw nothing :(

Hope you get better soon honey. Don't buy anything that Tell Lie Vision tries getting you to Be Live.

"When I'm watchin' my TV
And that man comes on to tell me
How white my shirts can be
But he can't be a man 'cause he doesn't smoke
The same cigarrettes as me
I can't get no, oh no no no"

And you just know the powers what think they be, want you smoking cigarettes, having whiter shirts. Whiter shirts are needed to ensure the global order/odor of shirt. You got to cotton what is wanted. :)

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have a dumb reo question.
my lp seams to spark at the positive pin when the fire mechanism touches the positive side of the battery.

I know this is dumb.... but how do I make it stop

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
my lp seams to spark at the positive pin when the fire mechanism touches the positive side of the battery.

Mine does/did it also, I swapped the pin, gently sanded the battery top and applied deoxIT gold and it stopped.... but still occasionally does it.

Sent from my Toaster using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Mine does/did it also, I swapped the pin, gently sanded the battery top and applied deoxIT gold and it stopped.... but still occasionally does it.

Sent from my Toaster using Tapatalk
will try that, thank you!

PuffOn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I get some arching if I go below .4 ohm
As said use de-ox-it gold or
this works good also:
Ebay:
Sanchem Inc NO-OX-ID A Special Rust Preventive 1oz Jar NIB

$5.00 shipped

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I get some arching if I go below .4 ohm
As said use de-ox-it gold or
this works good also:
Ebay:
Sanchem Inc NO-OX-ID A Special Rust Preventive 1oz Jar NIB

$5.00 shipped
cool! I have that!

AngiBe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

If you hold a lit match by it, you may get a surprise :huh:

Scooter 72

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Dont plug it up til after its plugged in

an this one time....... at

VU Sponsors