1. CBD USERS: THE MIGHTY VAPORIZER GIVEAWAY!

VU IS MOVING - EXPECT A BUMPY RIDE FOR THE NEXT FEW WEEKS :)

Reo spares kit, and batteries

Discussion in 'Bottom Feeders / Squonking' started by caihlen, Feb 17, 2017.

1. caihlen

caihlen VU Donator Bronze Contributor Member For 3 Years Member For 2 Years Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    My friends,

I'm interested in knowing what you all think are the essential spares for Reo Grande LP's. Let's say I have two mods and I want to keep them in top condition for a long while. Also, Sony VCT5A's?

Thanks

minimalsaint and Rickajho like this.
  2. Rickajho

Rickajho Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I think a lot of people go overkill on buying spare parts when they get a Reo. Couple spare springs in case you dead short - nothing worse than being dead in the water over a spring. Couple spare bottle setups because they get stained (depending on your liquids) and you will probably want to replace them at some point.

But spare 510 connectors (it's stainless) and spare contacts? Unless you are, umm, really a klutz you will probably never need them.

But that's just me.

Batteries - all depends on how low you want to build. Button or flat top will work - the fire button throw will feel a little bit different between the two types.

KentA and minimalsaint like this.
  3. Train

Train Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    I've got a spare "adjustable 510 grub" - pretty important if you have the adjustable 510, and not available elsewhere because it is reverse threaded.
    I've got a spare positive pin.
    Spare couple springs.
    Never needed any of it - and it's been a couple years, lol.

Also - BOTTLES. That's handy... And I can carry a full spare (or cap the one from the mod when flying - I find my stuff auto-squonks on a plane if I don't remove the bottle).

Batteries kind of depends on your builds.
    I prefer the 30Q (brown LG's before that) for the extra Mah - but I vape at 0.45, so I'm fine with a 20 amp battery...

KentA and Rickajho like this.
  4. minimalsaint

minimalsaint Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years Member For 2 Years Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    I suppose it depends on how you treat your gear. I had Reos for several years and never had to replace a part outside of upgrading the contacts when he released the gold-plated ones.
    Never dropped a spring or broke a contact strip.... I honestly don't know what else can go awry with them.
    I personally would say one spare kit per device should be all you need for the foreseeable future, but surely opinions will differ.

:popcorn:

KentA and inspects like this.
  5. Rickajho

Blog Posts:
    Oops +1 for a spare grub screw for the 510. They could be easy to lose.

Train and inspects like this.
  6. inspects

inspects Squonkamaniac Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    My experience is the same, haven't needed any parts (yet) after two years.

KentA, Train, Rickajho and 1 other person like this.
  7. Rickajho

Blog Posts:
    One more thing:

A few new users get into trouble by really grinding down on the fire button. (aka "button mashing") The thing does not need a heavy handed press to fire. If you bear down hard on the fire button you can snap the tip of the battery positive contact right off. So... as long as you don't do that you will never need to replace the fire button contact.

And maybe one more thing:

If you are getting any Grand besides a P67 you will probably want button covers. Not necessary, but the larger surface of a button cover is nice. (If you get one ask us what the dental floss in the bag is for later...)

8. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I agree with two rebuild kits - for just in case - and extra bottles. If you are a worry wort, get the replacement 510s, but it's doubtful you'll need them. I'm very tough on my stuff and the REOs just take it.

9. Rossum

Rossum Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Bottles and tubing are generic items, no worries about those.

Hot springs, positive contacts, and reverse-threaded grub screws are the spares you want in the long term.

KentA and Walter Ego like this.
  10. BreSha6869

BreSha6869 Member For 3 Years Member For 2 Years Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    That's what I stocked up on but only 2-3 of each. I can't see needing more than that.

I also grabbed a few bottles/tubes and spare door magnets as those parts are pretty inexpensive.

caihlen likes this.
  11. caihlen

caihlen VU Donator Bronze Contributor Member For 3 Years Member For 2 Years Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Thanks everyone. When the funds become available I will do exactly as you suggest.

BreSha6869 and JuicyLucy like this.
  12. RonJS

RonJS Gold Contributor Member For 5 Years

Blog Posts:
    Okay...I am putting a button cover on a REO Grand and must ask about the dental floss and how it fits in the installation. :yes:
    20191023_200927.jpg

13. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    did Reo shut down yet?

14. RonJS

Blog Posts:
    Well....The website says so.

15. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    I thought they shut down a while back.
    I discussed it with Lucy and I think she ordered some parts before they closed.
    They were running mods for like 50% off?

RonJS likes this.
  16. RonJS

Blog Posts:
    The Grand Body LP/SL were $76.50. If you wished a Grand/P67 Supervein slotted door, they were $16.00 more.
    I'm not sure what kind of discount that is and Yes...I did look at my receipt. :)

JuicyLucy and The Cromwell like this.
  17. PuffOn

PuffOn Bronze Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    If the button is not a tight fit, lay the floss over the black plastic button, before pressing on the metal one, trim the floss.
    I've never needed to use it with the metal button.
    Some of the delrin buttons were not tight.
    Yes REO shut down a few weeks back.

RonJS and The Cromwell like this.
  18. RonJS

Blog Posts:
    Many Thanks! When I pop the button cover on it does not fall off if I turn the unit upside down. I do think that the button cover I have might fall off inside a pocket. Maybe. I'll do the "floss" on it.

I am a bit rough on them. :eek:

PuffOn likes this.