Become a Patron!

Reliable dual 18650 Mods

Bob Mars

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I thinking of getting a new dual 18650 mod. I was wondering what everybody considers to be the most reliable mods..

Thank you! :)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
There are so many with proven track records it is kind of hard to say which one wold be best, 1st I could say the Alien 220 but also the Diquiser. Then we will have many others who who disagree. What are you looking at and maybe we can say nay or go for it?

Bob Mars

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There are so many with proven track records it is kind of hard to say which one wold be best, 1st I could say the Alien 220 but also the Diquiser. Then we will have many others who who disagree. What are you looking at and maybe we can say nay or go for it?

I appreciate the suggestions. I will look into both of those. What I really hope to hear is what other people like, not what caught me eye, not just new, but older as well. I hope that makes sense.

Thank you :)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I appreciate the suggestions. I will look into both of those. What I really hope to hear is what other people like, not what caught me eye, not just new, but older as well. I hope that makes sense.

I prefer to only go by first hand experience from people who actually own the device. As you will find many who are willing to provide info on products they have only viewed reviews on. I have too many devices here that are absolutely fabulous that other told me were shit because they saw a review. There is nothing in my mind that competes with actual ownership. Just my opinion and you need to remember this is just my personal 1st hand experience.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Depends on how much you wanna spend. Smoant Battlestar, Therion 166, Reuleaux 2/3, those are the 2-battery mods I have that work really, really well. Or you could go with an Aegis and a single 26650 battery, if battery life is what you're thinking of.

Bob Mars

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I prefer to only go by first hand experience from people who actually own the device. As you will find many who are willing to provide info on products they have only viewed reviews on. I have too many devices here that are absolutely fabulous that other told me were shit because they saw a review. There is nothing in my mind that competes with actual ownership. Just my opinion and you need to remember this is just my personal 1st hand experience.

Yes, I hear you, I would like to hear about mods from people who have actually owned them, or shop owners who actually saw how many were sold and returned. I think that would be helpful to a number of people, not just me..

Bob Mars

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Depends on how much you wanna spend. Smoant Battlestar, Therion 166, Reuleaux 2/3, those are the 2-battery mods I have that work really, really well. Or you could go with an Aegis and a single 26650 battery, if battery life is what you're thinking of.

Thank you! I had a Therion 75, it worked well. I actually had an RX200 fail. The Aegis looks very nice. Some of the Smoant products look nice to me. Any body else had good luck with Smoant?

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Asmodus Minikin V1.5 and the V2- I own 2 of each and love them! I have had these mods Since January and they work perfectly- long battery life!
I just bought the Asvape Michael Stabwood Edition- another great mod! The Michael also comes in the affordable Nights Out and Living Dead Prints! Well built ,works great I never use Temp Control so I cannot answer on that, but in power mode these Mods are working great!

20170822_074006.jpg Left to right-
1. Asmodus Minikin V2
2. Asmodus Minikin V2
3.Asmodus Minikin V1.5
4.Asmodus Minikin V1.5
5 Asmodus Silvanusa Stabwood- single 18650
In the Thumbnail photo the Center Mod is the Michael Stabwood

Attachments

• 20170914_084406.jpg
    20170914_084406.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 25

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thank you! I had a Therion 75, it worked well. I actually had an RX200 fail. The Aegis looks very nice. Some of the Smoant products look nice to me. Any body else had good luck with Smoant?

Do a forum search on the Battlestar. There are quite a few owners and we're all pretty much in agreement that it's a great little workhorse. Hard to go wrong with it.

Bob Mars

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Asmodus Minikin V1.5 and the V2- I own 2 of each and love them! I have had these mods Since January and they work perfectly- long battery life!
I just bought the Asvape Michael Stabwood Edition- another great mod! The Michael also comes in the affordable Nights Out and Living Dead Prints! Well built ,works great I never use Temp Control so I cannot answer on that, but in power mode these Mods are working great!

View attachment 91649 Left to right-
1. Asmodus Minikin V2
2. Asmodus Minikin V2
3.Asmodus Minikin V1.5
4.Asmodus Minikin V1.5
5 Asmodus Silvanusa Stabwood- single 18650
In the Thumbnail photo the Center Mod is the Michael Stabwood

Hey @SnapDragon NY ! How are you buddy? I love your collection. Those are all beautiful mods! You have wonderful taste.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
20170822_074006.jpg Left to right-

Nothing compares to first hand hands on experience~!

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hey @SnapDragon NY ! How are you buddy? I love your collection. Those are all beautiful mods! You have wonderful taste.

I am great! How have you been?
Thanks- I love Asmodus, I think that the Minikin V2 and now I am really liking Asvape- that Michael VO 200w is awesome- much larger than the Minikins- but comfortable and lightweight to hold! Loving the Asvape Cobra Tanks and coils as well, so much so that I bought all 3 colors(black,SS and gold)

Bob Mars

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am great! How have you been?
Thanks- I love Asmodus, I think that the Minikin V2 and now I am really liking Asvape- that Michael VO 200w is awesome- much larger than the Minikins- but comfortable and lightweight to hold! Loving the Asvape Cobra Tanks and coils as well, so much so that I bought all 3 colors(black,SS and gold)

I'm hangin in there! Thank you! Wow those Cobra tanks must be nice! That Michael looks gorgeous!

I'm serious considering an Asmodus. Maybe the 1.5, the V2 or even the new Minikin Reborn. The Reborn looks very nice and comfy.

Oh, by the way, I remember you like the Crown III. MyFreedomSmokes has Crowm III tanks on sale for $18.00. Maybe you can get you some more matchy! :) https://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/hot-deals-coupon-codes/deal-of-the-week/uwell-crown3-tank-kit.html

Thank You buddy! :)

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hi, Bob! I agree with @SnapDragon NY. Asmodus is a great company and the v2 mod is awesome! I own 2 and they both perform beautifully. I also own a VooPoo Drag, Vaporesso Revenger, Cartel Revenant, Tesla Wye, Squid double barrel. They're all excellent mods for different reasons.

Bob Mars

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I have never had a SMOK mod die on me. However, the XCube ulltra and AL85 both would just change wattage to max output, all on its own, all by itself. That would smoke my coil instantly. It would happen once or twice a month. Weird huh...

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have never had a SMOK mod die on me. However, the XCube ulltra and AL85 both would just change wattage to max output, all on its own, all by itself. That would smoke my coil instantly. It would happen once or twice a month. Weird huh...

I have never had that happen with any MOD I own except after I was carrying it with something else in my hand where I could have hit the up button. In that instance it was user error when I smoked a coil.

Bob Mars

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi, Bob! I agree with @SnapDragon NY. Asmodus is a great company and the v2 mod is awesome! I own 2 and they both perform beautifully. I also own a VooPoo Drag, Vaporesso Revenger, Cartel Revenant, Tesla Wye, Squid double barrel. They're all excellent mods for different reasons.

Thank you @wildgypsy70 ! I am building more confidence in Asmodus all the time.

I've been looking at Cartel, and the Squid Double Barrel. What color Double Barrel did you get?

Bob Mars

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have never had that happen with any MOD I own except after I was carrying it with something else in my hand where I could have hit the up button. In that instance it was user error when I smoked a coil.

I hear you. I made that error myself with an Evic mini once. I have only seen three mods do that. The Smok XCube Ultra, Smok Al85, and the Hohmtech G1..

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I have the Smoant Charon tc and Adjustable. Both are great. My 2 favorite mods are Therion 133 and Think Vape Exus Ark. Ark is only been in my hand a couple of weeks, but so far no issues. I seldom do tc, but have used Charon in tc with no problems. Battlestar is a great reliable mod as well.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thank you @wildgypsy70 ! I am building more confidence in Asmodus all the time.

I've been looking at Cartel, and the Squid Double Barrel. What color Double Barrel did you get?
I got the black one. What a solid mod! A little on the heavy side. No bells and whistles....very easy to use. I love mine!

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No personal first hand experience though right?

Yes, actually. I picked one up in August while at the beach. I used it for about a week and gave it to my wife's uncle before we left. He gave me my first "real" mod a couple of years ago so I figured I pay it back. It was a really nice mod and I'm sure there is another in my future. This time the army green and not the black.

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have 2 battlestars. This is the newest one with a camo finish. So now the exterior is more durable than the typical metal finish. Oh yeah the internals are great too.
I have the cartel too. Beautiful, but I can't believe a $150 device can have massive fire button rattle.
4f7e3dac465e0e9853ec1f994bf6c14a.jpg

Dovpo M VV, does variable voltage only, heats up instantly, built like a tank, rheostat adjustment, no sketchy menu and collection of buttons to press. Think of it as the safest mech mod ever.

SHOUTCAST

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you! I have owned the Asmodus Minikin 2 in the past. It is an awesome mod. Reliable,everything seemed to work correctly. I loved mine!

Funny I own it and the damn thing is always shutting off on me and i have to five clicks to turn it back on just for it to shut off again after a minute or so.. made it so unusable.

cloudblast

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
+1 for the battlestar by smoant

@Johnnytraveler said he owns two.

i also own two. Both in black. Throw a tank, rda, or rta on it and everything works amazing, the build quality and design make for a very durable mod. Smok alien is garbage in comparison and im not saying that without proof. I have seriously used two aliens and they equally felt lacking in flavour and cloud production. Also alien is a poor design. Also sigelei kaos wasnt as good as battlestar.

buy a Battlestar even if you arent sure. You wont be disappointed.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I've had 2 Smok Alien 220's take a crap on me in 6 months. Both just went dead. Only used factory coils on them at 50watts. I'll never get any more of that junk.
I have 2 IPV400's that have lasted me a year and I use them at work.
They look like hell now but still perform.
Also have a couple of Hohmwrecker G2's. Haven't had them that long so cant comment on how long they will last but they are built like a tank!

cloudblast

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've had 2 Smok Alien 220's take a crap on me in 6 months. Both just went dead. Only used factory coils on them at 50watts. I'll never get any more of that junk.
I have 2 IPV400's that have lasted me a year and I use them at work.
They look like hell now but still perform.
Also have a couple of Hohmwrecker G2's. Haven't had them that long so cant comment on how long they will last but they are built like a tank!

SERIOUSLY, i have no idea why the hell people like that alien so much. Its no good, power delivery with the same exact batteries against other mods i feel the alien is just not as good at all...

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hohm Wrecker G2 is the only RELIABLE dual battery regulated mod...its one of the only boxes that have been made that arent riddled with issues and was made to last. Its power is in RMS, its new update gives it 181w, it fires down to .007 Ohms, it TC any and every metal, even combined. Doesnt need a PC to change settings and is built like a panzer tank but is as light as a feather even with batteries.

There hasnt been another box released that has less issues as the G2. You wont find more then a handful of people that dont like it after using it the past year+ its been out and the people that own it love it more then the DNA/Yihi chips....

IT may not be pretty but its a workhorse, nothing more.

cloudblast

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hohm Wrecker G2 is the only RELIABLE dual battery regulated mod...its one of the only boxes that have been made that arent riddled with issues and was made to last. Its power is in RMS, its new update gives it 181w, it fires down to .007 Ohms, it TC any and every metal, even combined. Doesnt need a PC to change settings and is built like a panzer tank but is as light as a feather even with batteries.

There hasnt been another box released that has less issues as the G2. You wont find more then a handful of people that dont like it after using it the past year+ its been out and the people that own it love it more then the DNA/Yihi chips....

IT may not be pretty but its a workhorse, nothing more.

I think ill get one of those next time im in the market for a mod. But still for the price and performance i still love the battlestar

VU Sponsors