Become a Patron!

Regulated Mods/Accessories For First Time Build

I have been doing a lot of research on getting into vaping and I have a pretty good idea of the build I want to make, but I am unsure of how to make it happen. I am looking into a Pipesmith E-Pipe mod (www.pipesmithepipes.com), which seems to be an unregulated mechanical mod "built around and tested on the Efest 18500 flat top batteries." I plan to use the one mod for multiple set ups with different products, but it's in my understanding that I'll need variable settings to do so. I was wondering if there is an accessory I can add to the set up, maybe between the mod/battery and clearomizer, that can allow me to change the voltage/wattage/temp.

The only variable pipe mods I can find on the market are from Smoktech. I like the look of the Guardian II, but I'd much prefer the Pipesmith piece. They have a blank wood mod at Pipesmith that I can carve designs into myself, which is very intriguing. Plus, I like the fact that the button to use it is on the side rather than the top so that it feels more like a real pipe. (No one I know sticks their finger in the pipe chamber to smoke it.) I guess the deciding factor is whether or not there is an accessory to do what I need.

I've also come to the idea that it may be up to the coils I choose for the tank if I go for the Pipesmith piece. If anyone might be able to explain that a little further please do, or direct me to a thread that explains it in layman's terms. Does the coil regulate the temp/voltage for me?

If anyone has information, suggestions or pics of their own epipe please share and try to explain it like I'm a noob.
Thank you for the help.

Last edited:

dshobe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm not into mech mods, for the simple reason that the voltage being applied to the coil is related to the resistance of the coil. Essentially when the fire button is pressed you are making a direct connection between the battery and the coil, no adjustments. While I'm sure it's cool for some people, I enjoy building a coil and being able to adjust the watts/volts being applied to fine tune my vape. With a mech mod the adjustment is all in the coil. I enjoy coil building, but I like vaping more!

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I'm not into mech mods, for the simple reason that the voltage being applied to the coil is related to the resistance of the coil. Essentially when the fire button is pressed you are making a direct connection between the battery and the coil, no adjustments. While I'm sure it's cool for some people, I enjoy building a coil and being able to adjust the watts/volts being applied to fine tune my vape. With a mech mod the adjustment is all in the coil. I enjoy coil building, but I like vaping more!
I actually started using mechs before box mods. I even had the hybrid stingray X. Personally since switching to box mods I have no interest in going back. Plus with mechs its not save if you don't' know what your are doing. Nothing like using a 5 amp Chinese battery on a .1 ohm build and blowing your hand off lol

to the OP, don't use efest. use the the LG HB6 which will give you 30 amps safely. It'll let you build down to .14 safely
If you wanted longer run time you can get the LG HG2 or samsung 30Q but can only build to .21 safely (20 amps)
or just get a regulated mod with the LG HG2 or samsung 30q and not have to worry about any of this lol

You might want to look at a device called the Kick. It's a variable wattage device that goes in with the battery. The original was by EvolveVapor - https://www.evolvapor.com/shop - the Kick2 is their current version. It consumes about 15mm of battery space so you need to adjust your batteries to use one.

This thread is old but still informative - https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...attage-kick-to-buy-and-how-to-install.577032/

I also saw a Variable Voltage model at Fasttech
https://www.fasttech.com/products/3...riable-voltage-kick-module-for-mechanical-mod

SeeYa - Red

VU Sponsors