Become a Patron!

Regulated Mod 0.14ohm RDA

So, im not new to vaping but i mostly use normal tanks... i decided to get an RDA cuz ppl told me taste better. it did a LOT BETTER. so im hook!

THe thing is my premade coils that came with the vgod RDA went bad so i wanted new ones. i bought the alien clapton prebuild coil from rofvape. the taste was not even close. it even had a wierd taste to it. they run at 0.45ohmz..

i went to a store and told the guy the problem i was having. he made me a couple of coils himselft. and the taste is awezome everything its good. the only problem is i was used to using 60 to 65 watts. now i need to go from 80 to 100.

the coil he made read 0.14 ohmz and my regulated box says it uses from 3.61 to 3.80 V. after using if for a while i notice my regulated mod was lowering the Wattage by it selft when the battery was at 75% or lower.

my conern is if im safe. i dont want that shit exploting on my face or hand, i mean like i said i dont know shit about resistance and W other than the numbers i see on my mod..

any advice? am i safe?

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sound like your mod is doing it's job... and regulating based on it's limits and the power in your battery.... I would say if you are using the Highest CDR battery you can from a reputable supplier and brand. Your Good.

Personnally I would use a bit smaller coil (ohm being irrelevant in a regulated mod beyond the min and max fire limit) that way your not wasting so much power heating the coil up. Plug your numbers into a WATTS LAW calculator, make sure your batteries are up to the job.

It will definitely not explode in your hand.

Worst that'll probably happen is that the batteries degrade quicker.
(Due to the 0hms being put through it.)

* I am in no way in any shape or form responsible should it actually explode *

(But seriously it shouldn't.)

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To be honest with a regulated mod the thing you need to worry about most is....

HOW are you charging the batteries?

If you see news reports on battery failures. MOST occurred during recharging of the batteries...... sure people have had run aways on the mod.. but most of those are Mech and a stupid user.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors